Which 3* are you leveling up?

Options
Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Currently, I'm focusing on Black Panther, but there are many 3* characters I'd like to pump up. The only 3* characters I've maxed out are Rags (pre-nerf), Patch, and Hood.
I was limited to picking 10 for a poll, and left out Spiderman & Mags (who many have put in an ISO holding pattern until the nerfbat is done), Daredevil (who isn't all that popular), and Ragnarok (who is probably the most maxed 3*).

If i can get more covers for them, I'll eventually level up Loki and Doctor Doom, but they are low priority.

Among my 2*, Ares, OBW, c.Storm, MN Mags, and Daken are maxed. I'd eventually like to max out Captain America, but he's always a lower priority.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• I would like to do a 5/5/3 Mag despite the eventual fun balance but he is cover capped at 89. He would go well with my 141 Patch / Hood. He is the only blue/purple user I kind of want at the moment. DD is Poo and Spider is 3/3/3 but also fun balance ahoy.

Almost 50k ISO in the float.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    The trouble with the poll is that Im leveling Frank, but only because BP/Patch are barely covered (4 between them).
  • I chose punisher because I just finished getting him to 120. Patch because he's next inline to go to 100+.

BP Psylocke and hulk all would have been chosen also if I get any hulk black or a stockpile if psy or bp
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    Hood/Patch/Mags has been my favorite team for awhile -- it works really well. With Black Panther, I'm experimenting with some new teams.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    I'm not at all surprised that Punisher is ranking so highly.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    At the moment... none.

Have maxed icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Black Widow
    Ragnorak
    Wolverine
    (Just to clarify, BW & Ragorak were levelled when the latter was at his peak - I don't just have the worst taste in who to max!)

Not interested in levelling
    Black Panther - 1 great skill just isn't enough to tempt me.
    Daredevil - like the character a lot, but his powers are just too random and vulnerable.
    Doctor Doom - like the character A LOT, but 1 ok power and 1 sub-par is not a good deal (hope he gets a 3rd power and changes one day).
    Loki - way too niche.
    Psylocke - I don't share whatever people see in her, as she didn't impress me at all even when buffed.
    The Hood - possibly my favourite character and currently at L94 so plenty of room to grow, but 100k ISO for 1,000 (?) health just isn't on the cards.
    The Hulk - would be a great temptation if all 3 of my 3* didn't have red & green powers.
    The Punisher - again I don't share what people see in him, and with all 3 of my 3* having red & green powers no way am I levelling him.
    Thor - 170k is way too much for a stat upgrade, not to mention getting all those covers.

Candidates - bit of a problem with these, if anyone's been keeping track...
    Magneto - balance pending!
    Spider-Man - balance pending!

I'm not actually dreading those balances (and not just because Spider-Man is a chore to play against, or with for that matter) - I do think there's scope for improving their other powers while rebalancing, particularly for Magneto who has 2 powers which really aren't good or interesting outside of 'exploits'.
    But I'm not putting a jot of ISO or HP into them until the balancing happens - in case they get the Bagnorak treatment - and it's not looking like they'll take place any time soon.

I would love to give all 3*s a chance, but they cost so freakin' much to level... I'm at 50k now and if I save the entire month I could maybe just afford to level 1 more character - with new 3*s every fortnight it seems, I've just no capacity for characters who carry deadweight powers or can't contribute anything but damage.
    At least I can look forward to facing other players' Psylocke, Black Panther etc. and see what they can actually do when maxed! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Patch (currently 133) and Punisher (currently 100) here.

After that, I'll be leveling C Mags (54, 4/3/4) and Hood (47, 1/5/2) as high as I can without their Lightning-Round-boosted YRG exceeding Patch's. Then I'll slowly start leveling GSBW (18, 0/2/1) and Spidey (51, 4/3/4), though I need covers for either of them to be effective. Beyond that, assuming I can finish C Mags and Hood's covers in the meantime, I'll go back to leveling them.
  • Dr. Doom.

Finally got the last two blue covers. working on 95 > 115

and

Hood

Maxed his covers during last round of LRs. Working on 47 > 141

Hopefully will make placement in LR's a bit easier next time around.

Finished Hulk today to join Patch in the 141 club.

Leaving Punisher at 120 until I get some spare iso. Damage increases are pretty negligible at high levels... most of utility comes from chaining attacks anyway so I'm not in a hurry to max him out.
  • They've given out and continue to give out Punisher like crazy, so results don't surprise me.

Personally, Psylocke because I think she's cooler but I still need more covers.
  • Gigas Breaker
    Gigas Breaker Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    Patch is my only covered 3*. Thick as Thieves sub events really set me up.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You've got to have the covers before you can level, unless you've got Loki apparently, and then no one is leveling.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    Hmmm ... Four of the five most recent additions (Hulk, Punisher, Patch, Black Panther) are the most popular to level up, with Psylocke on the sidelines.

I suppose it helps that Hulk, Punisher, and Black Panther are all getting boosts for the next week.
  • ~240k iso saved for xforce atm. I have used about 30-35k on leveling punisher and whatever it cost to get black panther to 44 and psylocke to 50 recently though. I try to get most of my 3*** to lvl 50 as just a nice ocd looking number lol. Xforce is greedy but the others need a little lovin too.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I get three star covers infrequently enough that I have no trouble keeping them all at max.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Doctor Doom and Classic Magneto! I got lucky in a couple of lightning rounds recently, and grabbed a Doom and two Magneto covers. I've been giggling like a schoolgirl at the damage that a level 80 3/2/5 Magneto can deal with Magnetic Translocation and a reasonable board layout.
  • Can we get an undecided column? I have Mag, Spidey, IM40, Hood, and Psylocke all sitting at 100 right now, and have enough ISO saved up to push any of them to 141, but... I'm not sure which. I'd gladly level Spiderman in a heartbeat if I didn't know he was getting nerfed, and then Magneto would be next, but same issue.. as it stands, I'm just waiting. Maybe a new hero will come out I wanna pump some ISO into, maybe the nerfs won't be so bad, I'm not sure yet!
  • Patch is my only covered 3*. Thick as Thieves sub events really set me up.

First one I fully covered too, I'm sure that's the case for a lot of players. was more motivating to grind than tokens for sure.
  • I have Loki at 80 because that is a good sweet spot for obw/patch synergy. Otherwise I would have included him in my vote.
  • I would like to level patch if I could get more covers daken needs a successor for the 3* game
  • I've been focusing on Punisher and Patch. Both are around lvl100 now. Next I should decide which one to take to the max or should I bring my Hulk to lvl100 also. Ah... Decisions, decisions. Luckily I have no spare ISO at the moment so I can just grind and think. icon_e_biggrin.gif