30CP Stark/Rogers Legendary tokens - worth it?

2»

Comments

• mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Linkster79 wrote:
    As somebody who is well below the 10% rate of 5* from Legendary Tokens, no it isn't worth it. Even at a 50% rate it would be touch and go as there will always be winners and losers. D3 need to get this randomness factor out of their heads and actually start allowing us to win specific characters from tokens instead of the chance of characters. At the very least a winning a specific tier would be a massive step up. Tokens should be bronze, silver, gold, platinum and then rhodium.

That would be cool if they did move in the that sort of direction. Being continually progress nerfed by the vagaries of the RNG is getting so old now.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Tatercat wrote:
    I've got 17cp at the moment so I should easily have enough for one at least by the time the Hulk event is over. Depending on the result I may get more ( yellowflag.pngicon_invisiblewoman.png is the magic 8-ball saying "You choose poorly").

At this point, it's a fair chance of getting a 4* I would have to sell anyway whether I'm spending 20 or 30 cp, so why not one try? Spirit of the event and all that. I do wish the Cap and IM LT's were weighted toward the 4 stars affiliated to each side. Depending on your roster, that might actually make a difference, but alas.

Well, I tried it with the 60 cp that I've built up since this post and as most here predicted, both were 4*'s not worth the extra cost:

blackflag.pngicon_ironman.png (from a Cap LT no less!)
    purpleflag.pngicon_starlord.png

Had to sell both as my HB is 5/5/1 and my Starlord is... well you know.

Oh well! No real regrets, I should be leveling more 4*'s anyway, not getting new 5 *'s. I did get a redflag.png FalCap from the vault already that I can definitely use. Event has been fun so far with the whole alliance going Team Cap and going strong. Should be a good event I think.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm 100% sure they aren't worth it, but I think I'm going to use 60cp for 2 just to see - probably during the second run though. that still leaves me over 1200 left and will be more by then unless I pull some.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Tokens should be bronze, silver, gold, platinum and then rhodium.
    Rhodium tokens only award War Machine covers.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Tokens should be bronze, silver, gold, platinum and then rhodium.
    Rhodium tokens only award War Machine covers.
    Would that be Iron-ic?

BTW, some alliance mates have already pulled some 5* IM and Caps from those 30CP tokens... within the first 3-5 pulls too.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    snlf25 wrote:
    For players like KD who have everything else championed and done, the 30 CP Legendary Event Tokens are great. They can pound out a couple more 5*s giving them something new to do. For me? I still need 9 OML covers, it would be a tragic waste for me to be buying these. Madness. This situation beggars the question though - I get that the devs need to keep super whales happy. They are the backbone of the game and for that they always have my gratitude. Except when they are pulping me. I get that the devs need to keep them interested and happy. But when are they going to throw guys like me who have spent a couple hundred bucks a bone? Why can't I have a pooch kick for an easy 4* cover once in a while? Why can't I get my tiny little trickle of iso increased? I'm never going to buy iso but if I could actually do anything with covers once I got them I might spend on some cover packs. I spent about $40 on packs for the Valentines vault and pulled 4 high value 4* covers. I'm wiling to do that if you would just work with me a little. Stinginess with the rewards is doing more to hurt this game than anything else.

Actually D3 has thrown the players a bone re: 5* cover. I forgot the exact day but at 700ish you get a freebie SS black from shield resupply.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    puppychow wrote:
    Actually D3 has thrown the players a bone re: 5* cover. I forgot the exact day but at 700ish you get a freebie SS black from shield resupply.

730 (i.e. 2 years anniversary) for SS black, 820 for OML black and 910 for Phoenix green

The pattern seems to be one free 5* every 3 months
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    as a player whos transitioning into 4 land and only has 1 cover for OML, is now best time to cash in the 240 CP i have on the 20cp tokens to try and chase down more OML before the odds decrease?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    HxiiiK wrote:
    puppychow wrote:

730 (i.e. 2 years anniversary) for SS black, 820 for OML black and 910 for Phoenix green

The pattern seems to be one free 5* every 3 months

Which is reasonable. 1 free cover every 3 months should allow everyone to keep up with the release rate of 13 new 5* covers every month or so! icon_e_wink.gif
  • Ir0nF1sh
    Ir0nF1sh Posts: 52 Match Maker
    This. Cmon, we're all thinking it!
    Linkster79 wrote:
    As somebody who is well below the 10% rate of 5* from Legendary Tokens, no it isn't worth it. Even at a 50% rate it would be touch and go as there will always be winners and losers. D3 need to get this randomness factor out of their heads and actually start allowing us to win specific characters from tokens instead of the chance of characters. At the very least a winning a specific tier would be a massive step up. Tokens should be bronze, silver, gold, platinum and then rhodium.
  • theo199
    theo199 Posts: 79
    RNGesus = not worth it.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 533 Critical Contributor
    I got 3 of the special civil war legendary tokens (2 team iron man & 1 team cap).

I pulled 2 icon_hulkcho.png & 1 icon_nickfury.png .

So, not worth it for me.