Fun new decks, anyone?

Options
2»

Comments

• EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @ jollyrogercjf -

Despoiler of Souls works well with Fleshbag Marauder if you have it.

Weight of the Underworld has some synergy with Reave Soul. You can kill anything power 6 or less with the 2 cards.

I haven't played Liliana much since I got Ob Nixilis, but my current build is:

Graveblade Marauder

Despoiler of Souls

Fleshbag Marauder

Blazing Hellhound

Reave Soul

Unholy Hunger

Weight of the Underworld

Deadbridge Shaman

Read the Bones

Scour from Existence
  • Upstartes
    Upstartes Posts: 98
    Options
    While not my fastest deck, my favorite deck is probably my Liliana Vampire deck:

Bloodbond Vampire
    Drana's Emissary
    Kalastria Healer
    Kalastria Nightwatch
    Malakir Cullbalde
    Hagra Sharpshooter
    Unholy Hunger
    Scour From Existence
    Bone Splinters
    Smoldering Marsh

The deck has two major synergies: Bloodbond Vampire + lifegain (Drana's Emissary, Kalastria Healer & allies, Unholy Hunger) and Cullblade + removal (Unholy Hunger, Scour From Existence, Bone Splinters, Grave Mist PW power)

Ideally, the deck builds up a big critter from a small one, eventually running over the opponent. It also has a lot of removal for dealing with things. I believe there are some cards out there that would work better in the deck than some of the filler cards I am using (Retreat to Hagra comes to mind), but I don't have those cards yet.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Upstartes wrote:
    While not my fastest deck, my favorite deck is probably my Liliana Vampire deck:

Bloodbond Vampire
    Drana's Emissary
    Kalastria Healer
    Kalastria Nightwatch
    Malakir Cullbalde
    Hagra Sharpshooter
    Unholy Hunger
    Scour From Existence
    Bone Splinters
    Smoldering Marsh

The deck has two major synergies: Bloodbond Vampire + lifegain (Drana's Emissary, Kalastria Healer & allies, Unholy Hunger) and Cullblade + removal (Unholy Hunger, Scour From Existence, Bone Splinters, Grave Mist PW power)

Ideally, the deck builds up a big critter from a small one, eventually running over the opponent. It also has a lot of removal for dealing with things. I believe there are some cards out there that would work better in the deck than some of the filler cards I am using (Retreat to Hagra comes to mind), but I don't have those cards yet.

Looks fun. I've been wanting to build this, but am missing the Emissary that would seem to make it tick. Retreat to Hagra just isn't as effective. I do regret that Healer is a 1/2 for 13 mana, though. I was hoping it would come in cheaper.
  • Upstartes
    Upstartes Posts: 98
    Options
    Yeah, I go back and forth on whether to have the Healer (as well as the Nightwatch, which is really only in there to trigger the healer) vs taking them out and adding more generically useful cards. I went without for a while, now I'm back to having them in lately. It seems the core of the deck is strong enough that it doesn't suffer much one way or the other. I totally agree that the Healer is way to expensive. Though not as bad as the god-awful Zulaport Cutthroat - who thought THAT was an appropriately-costed card?
  • madwren
    Options
    My Noran Dar version has gone full combo deck mode:

Creatures: 1
    Noyan Dar, Roil Shaper

Spells: 9
    Talent of the Telepath
    Day's Undoing
    Rush of Ice
    Stratus Walk
    Coastal Discovery
    Evolving Wilds
    Artificer's Discovery
    Anticipate
    Clash of Wills

It hasn't lost since I went with this mix, except--ironically--to blue bounce decks. Thankfully, those aren't part of the meta anymore, so the deck is pretty fun to play.
  • madwren
    Options
    So, I just saw the Noyan Dar deck paired with Kiora, and wow, utter domination by Kiora. So much better at mana generation that I couldn't keep up.
  • ShawnP1
    ShawnP1 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So I'm tinkering with a Tezzeret deck, its pretty fun but I unfortunately don't have Thopter Spy Network.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    madwren wrote:
    So, I just saw the Noyan Dar deck paired with Kiora, and wow, utter domination by Kiora. So much better at mana generation that I couldn't keep up.
    It was expected.
    While blue has cheap spells it lacks a way to gain mana and usually you have to use some spells with little to no benefit just for pumping noyan.
    With green you can remove those spells and get nice substitutes.
    Mantle of webs can ensure your noyan will tank all incoming damage
    Seek the wild will fetch your noyan and put the rest on bottom so you do not draw it again(but will be able to refetch if needed).
    Some green gem production of you want to.

As I thought from the very beginning, since the amount of different cards in deck is so low, any single improvement has a big impact.
    Also prism array can be a game winner in this low mana cost decks
    If you do not get day undoing is another way to get combo pieces cause drawing THREE card when ANY player landfalls is just insane....