**** Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes) ****

Cthulhu
Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
edited March 2017 in Character Details
Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes) icon_wintersoldier.png
4 Star Rarity (Legendary) Wiki Link
At Max Level: HP: 15641 Tile Damage: 11/65/74/83/12/13/4.0x
    Precision Shot - 8 purpletile.png AP
    The Winter Soldier fires an expert sniper shot to take out the enemy’s weapons, giving Bucky a chance to strike again. Select a basic tile. Winter Soldier destroys that tile, dealing 176 damage and stealing 2 enemy AP of that color.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Winter Soldier’s sniper shot deals 246 damage and steals 2 enemy AP of that color. Level 3: Winter Soldier’s sniper shot deals 317 damage and steals 3 enemy AP of that color. Level 4: Winter Soldier’s sniper shot deals 458 damage and steals 3 enemy AP of that color. Level 5: Winter Soldier’s sniper shot deals 739 damage and steals 4 enemy AP of that color.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Winter Soldier’s sniper shot deals 617 damage and steals 3 enemy AP of that color. Level 4: Winter Soldier’s sniper shot deals 892 damage and steals 3 enemy AP of that color. Level 5: Winter Soldier’s sniper shot deals 1441 damage and steals 4 enemy AP of that color.

Detonator - 10 bluetile.png AP
    The Winter Soldier sets a series of booby-trapped explosives. Creates a 3-turn Blue Countdown tile and 3 random Trap tiles. When the Countdown tile reaches 0, destroy all of Winter Soldier’s Trap tiles dealing 509 damage for each. If an enemy matches the trap tile away, create a strength 181 blue attack tile.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Deals 703 damage per destroyed Trap tile or creates strength 255 Blue Attack tiles. Level 3: Creates 3-turn Countdown tiles and 4 random Trap tiles, deals 703 damage per destroyed Trap tile or creates strength 340 Blue Attack tiles. Level 4: Creates 2-turn Countdown tiles and 4 random Trap tiles, deals 833 damage per destroyed Trap tile or creates strength 470 Blue Attack tiles. Level 5: Creates 2-turn Countdown tiles and 4 random Trap tiles, deals 1347 damage per destroyed Trap tile or creates strength 761 Blue Attack tiles.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Creates 3-turn Countdown tiles and 4 random Trap tiles, deals 1371 damage per destroyed Trap tile or creates strength 662 Blue Attack tiles. Level 4: Creates 2-turn Countdown tiles and 4 random Trap tiles, deals 1623 damage per destroyed Trap tile or creates strength 915 Blue Attack tiles. Level 5: Creates 2-turn Countdown tiles and 4 random Trap tiles, deals 2625 damage per destroyed Trap tile or creates strength 1480 Blue Attack tiles.

Moving Target- 12 redtile.png AP
    The Winter Soldier lobs a grenade towards his opponent and quickly draws his weapon, putting the grenade in his sights. Creates a 3-turn Red Countdown tile that deals 1195 damage. If you match it away, deal 1899 damage instead.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Creates a 3-turn Red Countdown tile that deals 1673 damage. If you match it away, deals 2679 damage instead. Level 3: Creates a 3-turn Red Countdown tile that deals 2151 damage. If you match it away, deals 3418 damage instead. Level 4: Creates a 4-turn Red Countdown tile that deals 3107 damage. If you match it away, deals 4319 damage instead. Level 5: Creates a 4-turn Red Countdown tile that deals 5019 damage. If you match it away, deals 7087 damage instead.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Creates a 3-turn Red Countdown tile that deals 4189 damage. If you match it away, deals 6656 damage instead. Level 4: Creates a 4-turn Red Countdown tile that deals 6050 damage. If you match it away, deals 8550 damage instead. Level 5: Creates a 4-turn Red Countdown tile that deals 9773 damage. If you match it away, deals 13800 damage instead.

Comments

• elwhiteninja
      elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
      Cthulhu wrote:
        Precision Shot 18 purpletile.png AP
        Um i think its 8?
      • Cthulhu
        Haha, thanks, I'm working on 4 of them amongst other things. Fixing it now
      • TxMoose
        TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
        whew. looks like a typo on the 18 purple cost. in game says 8. at 18, that's a useless ability. at 8, it has some function.
      • elwhiteninja
        elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
        He looks strong a bit slow but that purple can be decidedly nasty stealing 4 of a chosen color and removing a tile
      • vudu3
        vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
        Can you explain how his blue ability works?

- Can the player decide where the tile is placed or is it random?
        - Is the CD tile always created on a basic blue tile or can it be created on any basic tile?
        - If the enemy matches away one trap tile will the other traps still detonate when the CD timer reached zero?
        - If the enemy matches away two trap tiles will you get two attack tiles?

Also, what happens if the enemy matches away the CD tile for his red ability? I assume nothing.
      • Skygazing
        Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
        Are these numbers accurate? I understand that AP theft is a strong ability that isn't present in the 4* tier, but Precision Shot's max damage is really, really low.

And on the flipside Detonator potentially creates insanely strong attack tiles.
      • Cthulhu
        Getting answers now, and due to working on 4 character reveals at the same time I messed up and put war machines icon instead of winter soldiers, that will be fixed soon as well.
      • Cthulhu
        Skygazing wrote:
        Are these numbers accurate? I understand that AP theft is a strong ability that isn't present in the 4* tier, but Precision Shot's max damage is really, really low.

And on the flipside Detonator potentially creates insanely strong attack tiles.

I'm taking it directly from the build that was submitted. I will double check again though.
      • DAC169
        DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
        Cthulhu wrote:
          Precision Shot - 8 purpletile.png AP
          Max Level
            Level 5: Winter Soldier’s sniper shot deals 1441 damage and steals 4 enemy AP of that color.

Detonator - 10 bluetile.png AP
          Max Level
            Level 5: Creates 2-turn Countdown tiles and 4 random Trap tiles, deals 2625 damage per destroyed Trap tile or creates strength 1480 Blue Attack tiles.

Moving Target- 12 redtile.png AP
          Max Level
            Level 5: Creates a 4-turn Red Countdown tile that deals 9773 damage. If you match it away, deals 13800 damage instead.
          gonna be honest here. The maxed abilities all seem to be the wrong tier. purpleflag.png seems more like a 3* in strength, but the blueflag.png & redflag.png seem more like 5* strength. Also, does it matter who matches the trap tiles or the redflag.png countdown tile?
        • johnnyzero
          johnnyzero Posts: 97 Match Maker
          Just at a quick glance those Blue and Red abilities at "max" seem like they are level 370 (max championed) rather then the 270 max we're all used to seeing in these previews.
        • Cthulhu
          Here are some answers in bold below:

- Can the player decide where the tile is placed or is it random?
          It's random, can't choose where it's placed
          - Is the CD tile always created on a basic blue tile or can it be created on any basic tile?
          Placed onto an existing tile, does not convert tiles to a blue CD
          - If the enemy matches away one trap tile will the other traps still detonate when the CD timer reached zero?
          Yes
          - If the enemy matches away two trap tiles will you get two attack tiles?
          While testing Juggernaut destroyed two with his headbutt attack and I got two attack tiles

Also, what happens if the enemy matches away the CD tile for his red ability? I assume nothing.
          Trying! but the AI just doesn't want to get rid of the CD tile for me right now. Will update when I can
        • Cthulhu
          johnnyzero wrote:
          Just at a quick glance those Blue and Red abilities at "max" seem like they are level 370 (max championed) rather then the 270 max we're all used to seeing in these previews.

Was taken from a 270 max, not 370, confirmed with QA as well, this is what it is.
        • johnnyzero
          johnnyzero Posts: 97 Match Maker
          Cthulhu wrote:
          Was taken from a 270 max, not 370, confirmed with QA as well, this is what it is.

icon_eek.gif Well I'll be! Carry on then Chtulhu, get the rest of these bad boys done!
        • Cthulhu
          thank you! Iron Man is up, next mr. Rogers (without the sweater)
        • Thanos
          Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
          With his purple, do you get the AP for the selected tile?
        • BlackSheep101
          BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
          Thanos wrote:
          With his purple, do you get the AP for the selected tile?
          One area where they have been very consistent is in specifying when destroying a tile won't generate AP or deal damage. If the ability text doesn't specify either, I'd assume it both deals damage and generates AP for the tile. The low damage makes it mainly a support ability, but does let you take advantage of your team's strike tiles. I've often wished some of the lower tier steal abilities dealt some damage just to trigger strikes.
        • notamutant
          notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
          Wow. Just wow. At first when I saw the descriptions in the Marvel interview, I thought it could go either way depending on actual numbers. Now that the numbers are out, Bucky is top 5 now. He could replace HB for single target nukes. Somewhat unreliable for some of his moves, but still insane damage numbers. He makes Ant-Man look like **** though with the attack tiles for Bucky being so much stronger.
        • vudu3
          notamutant wrote:
          Wow. Just wow. At first when I saw the descriptions in the Marvel interview, I thought it could go either way depending on actual numbers. Now that the numbers are out, Bucky is top 5 now. He could replace HB for single target nukes. Somewhat unreliable for some of his moves, but still insane damage numbers. He makes Ant-Man look like **** though with the attack tiles for Bucky being so much stronger.
          Meh. His two big nukes both rely on CD tiles. You know what other 4* has two big nukes that rely on CD tiles? Star-lord.
        • notamutant
          notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
          vudu3 wrote:
          notamutant wrote:
          Meh. His two big nukes both rely on CD tiles. You know what other 4* has two big nukes that rely on CD tiles? Star-lord.

You are forgetting that one of those nukes is just as good if it gets matched as if it were to go off with crazy strong attack tiles, and the other can be matched by you for extra damage. Not really comparable.
        • vudu3
          notamutant wrote:
          You are forgetting that one of those nukes is just as good if it gets matched as if it were to go off with crazy strong attack tiles, and the other can be matched by you for extra damage. Not really comparable.

You only get an attack tile if the enemy matches a trap tile. If the enemy matches away the blue CD tile then you just wasted 10 blue AP.

Same with his red ability--if you match the CD tile you get extra damage; if the enemy matches it you get squat.