Venom 4* DDQ: Symbiote showdown!

2»

Comments

  • TatercatTatercat Age Unconfirmed Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    So far no luck with my 1/1/3 at lvl 115, but its only been two tries since the PVE used up all my health packs when the sub ended this morning. Not looking great but maybe, gonna trying boosting his red tile match damage since I'll be denying him that color anyway. Waiting as along as you can does seem to be best best strategy, even if he gets a green off, it doesn't do much since there's no powers that have been used yet so no special tiles.

    Tired off one yellow and 2 greens when got unlucky on health, but the greens never took out the shield tiles, so he pretty much stopped taking damage after the initial hits while I whittled away. Lowest I've gotten him so far is 5K in health.
  • mpqr7mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    That was very tough. I have 9 covers, had to level him all the way up to 188, because my yellow and green don't do all that much damage. I'm not really sure the point of his black power, lol. But I got it there, tens of thousands of ISO and numerous attempts later. Guess my SL will need to wait a few more days before getting championed.
  • jojeda654jojeda654 Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Didn't stumble on any more covers for Venom, so he's still at 168 with 0/5/2 covers.
    Since Carnage was at a full blown 270, I opted to use +2 R/Y, +50% R/Y, +100% All.
    First attempt was a red heavy board, so I ate 3 SS's.
    Won on the next attempt thanks to a pair of crits. Downed him after 2 yellows. Got a yellow IW. Ughhh.

    At least I got an Iceman blue after buying a leg token.
  • TxMooseTxMoose Age Unconfirmed Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/4/2 level 94. got him second try....barely! boosted y/r and gr/blk +2 and 5 damage boosts on gr/blk. piling up green and denying red was key. really glad I've been having success with level 94 - keeps more iso for where I want it to go.
  • jgomes32jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Doesn't seem possible for me. 2/0/3 lvl 127.
  • DCUDCUDCUDCU Age Unconfirmed Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    1/3/2 Level 70, I'm tight on ISO so I don't see much point in trying more than when his health recovers naturally.

    I could max him to 131, but I need that ISO to max Lady Thoress in the next day.
  • SandwichboySandwichboy Age Unconfirmed Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2016
    Done in 3 with 147 2/2/3, Y/R and B/G ap boosts and 100% match damage. Required a lot of patience and denying red though he still got one off. Managed to save up till I had 30 yellow and 14 green and just emptied everything into him. The fact that his red is only at 3 covers made this FAR less frustrating than I expected at first.

    Appropriately got a greenflag.png Venom cover out of it icon_e_smile.gif
  • jgomes32jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    jgomes32 wrote:
    Doesn't seem possible for me. 2/0/3 lvl 127.

    Nevermind lol. Did it on my third try.

    Edit: Got a greenflag.pngicon_thing.png
  • irwandoirwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    1/0/3 lvl 111, + all color, +all% dmg, +R/Y % dmg.

    Took 3 tries, but finally got a good board. Prioritized Red, then Green. Held him off from firing anything for a while. Carnage was at about 7500 life and just hit me down to 500. 2 Lethal Protector and 3 Symbiotic Fury, he was at 400 life, and the strike tiles he generated after I fired everything took care of the other 400.

    So with a good board, it can be done, even with a very low/under-leveled Venom.

    greenflag.pngicon_thing.png for my efforts, bringing him to 1/3/4.
  • TatercatTatercat Age Unconfirmed Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Tatercat wrote:
    So far no luck with my 1/1/3 at lvl 115, but its only been two tries since the PVE used up all my health packs when the sub ended this morning. Not looking great but maybe, gonna trying boosting his red tile match damage since I'll be denying him that color anyway. Waiting as along as you can does seem to be best best strategy, even if he gets a green off, it doesn't do much since there's no powers that have been used yet so no special tiles.

    Tired off one yellow and 2 greens when got unlucky on health, but the greens never took out the shield tiles, so he pretty much stopped taking damage after the initial hits while I whittled away. Lowest I've gotten him so far is 5K in health.

    Finally got him! (7th try I think, no boosts because I ran out.) purpleflag.pngicon_elektra.png for the 1000 iso8.pngicon_e_sad.gif
  • Arimis_ThornArimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Did stumble on any more covers for Venom, so he's still at 168 with 0/5/2 covers.
    Since Carnage was at a full blown 270, I opted to use +2 R/Y, +50% R/Y, +100% All.
    First attempt was a red heavy board, so I ate 3 SS's.
    Won on the next attempt thanks to a pair of crits. Downed him after 2 yellows. Got a yellow IW. Ughhh.

    At least I got an Iceman blue after buying a leg token.

    Mine is lvl 135 at 0/4/3 so I had pretty much written it off as impossible without green until I saw your post. Just how much do you think luck factored in to your win? I'm all for the challenge if there's a legitimate (i.e. non-luck dependent) shot, but otherwise I'll just pass.
  • madsaladmadsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Thankfully DDQ prize today was Loki and it was the one I needed to get G Venom, putting him at 2/4/2. I leveled to 120 and 100% AP, 50% B/G and +2 all AP. Got it on 3rd try. Hoarding my LTs.
  • CrowlCrowl Posts: 1,530 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got him with a lvl 130 1/4/4 Venom.

    I had saved up my yellow and green to fire it all at once, but when I needed to fire them I was short of one more green or yellow attack to kill Carnage outright so he ended up killing himself when his passive ticked at the end of my turn. icon_mrgreen.gif

    Sadly, my LT gave my 9 cover Miles Morales his 9th red cover. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • AsylumTKJAsylumTKJ Age Unconfirmed Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Got him on 4th try with my lvl 111 1/2/2 Venom.
    I've been lucky, his alien instinct kill himself just before he finished my Venom.

    yellowflag.pngicon_professorx.png for my troubles, now 2/2/5
Sign In or Register to comment.