Venom 4* DDQ: Symbiote showdown!

Options
Quebbster
Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
OK, Miles' DDQ is almost over, so it's time to start speculating about the next one, confirmed to be Venom!
Carnage would be a good fit for this, thematic and with enough color overlap. I hope he's undercovered in that case though. icon_e_smile.gif
My Eddie is 3/5/3, so he lacks a bit of offensive punch but can be leveled up enough to have a good chance. Cautiously optimistic here. icon_e_smile.gif

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To make the match more "symbiotic" you would need a special tile maker as his opponent, so his green can be discounted. I am thinking Iron Fist may be his opponent.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    To make the match more "symbiotic" you would need a special tile maker as his opponent, so his green can be discounted. I am thinking Iron Fist may be his opponent.
    Carnage makes a lot more attack tiles than Iron Fist...
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Carnage makes a lot more attack tiles than Iron Fist...

Yah, but that would be mean, and would mean you need to level Venom to probably 140+ since he cannot invis like Carnage's other opponent (PX). The last few 4* DDQ's they have made it much easier to win without having max covered higher leveled characters.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have sinking feeling it might be Gamora again. Overlap of colors, special tile generation...

Whoever it is, my 1/1/2 Venom isn't going to cut it. I'll concentrate on my 0/4/1 Gwen instead for next week, assuming there isn't a special DDQ for Civil War.

Update: actually its probably Nova next, isn't it?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Venom yellow makes tiles for the enemy

Most likely opponent imo, Spiderman
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:
    I have sinking feeling it might be Gamora again. Overlap of colors, special tile generation...

Whoever it is, my 1/1/2 Venom isn't going to cut it. I'll concentrate on my 0/4/1 Gwen instead for next week, assuming there isn't a special DDQ for Civil War.

Update: actually its probably Nova next, isn't it?

Nova probably next, debating about leveling 2/3/1 nova (soon 3/3/1) to 150ish and hope on that one. Put my 2/1/5 Venom at 172 and I'll see how it goes.

Spiderman would be awful, you'd have to have several black to make it through the D that spidey purple would make quickly.

Grocket would active-color overlap and make strike tiles. Beast would also active-color overlap and could make multiple tile-types.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Spiderman would be awful, you'd have to have several black to make it through the D that spidey purple would make quickly.

That would be perfect for me since my Venom is 0/5/2.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    spidey still sounds awful. even at 4-5 black covers, he'll still end up negating most all match damage. plus you'll be stunned quite a bit. if it's spidey I'd be tempted to save my iso and skip this one. regardless I'm starting my attempts at 94 now. yellow/greens include storm, sentry, squirrel, beast, thor, xfw. I like beast and/or squirrel for this but those have been used I think. storm might not be bad unless she gets that black off. at least she'd be squishy.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, the last few runs, they've been putting up low-level undercovered opponents. IF this continues, then a low level Luke Cage might not be bad. He's only got two active powers, which are also Venom's strengths. And Venom's yellow and black can work around his red protect tile.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If it is Spidey though, at least he doesn't have any real attacks. You'd just have to survive the match damage. Of course you'll be stunned the whole time and he'll have a bunch of protect tiles up. My Venom is 2/5/4, so I'd have a decent shot at it.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I could see it being Squirrel Girl. She makes Protect tiles, and both her yellow and green make tiles that reduce the cost of your Symbiotic Fury.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Sometimes I hate it when I'm right. At least I got Another green cover from one of my season tenpacks, so I should have a decent chance against Carnage as long as I level Venom up a bit.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2016
    Options
    1-4-4. 110. all match damage +100%, yellow red +50% match damage, +2 AP red yellow. Lucky board - two yellow skills - carnage dead. star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pnggreenflag.pngicon_jeangrey.png making her 3-0-3 still not viable enough without pink I guess
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1/3/4 level 100. +2 y/r +100% match damage. Really lucky board, and denied red successfully. Picked up 27 yellow and 21 green and nuked him down in one turn. Venom's yellow is crazy strong.

got my 9th purpleflag.pngicon_starlord.png . Oh why RNG whyyyyyy
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3/1/4 level 120. Y/r boost, 50% boost on g/b y/r. Got lucky he held back the second symbiotic scythe, thought he'd let go once he hit 6 red. Finished with 100+ health.

Red x23, kinda meh esp since I got one coming in daily resupply soon.
  • Lightning_Man
    Lightning_Man Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    Defeated him on the 2nd try with a 2-3-1 level 130 Venom. Boosted +2 all, 100% all, and 50% r/y, I didn't expect to beat him, but I denied red at all cost, and matched green and yellow when I could. Got carnage to about 8000 health with some lucky cascades, criticals, and matches. Then when Carnage fired green first, I was able to fire yellow twice, and green twice. Got more lucky cascades and criticals in between. Got enough to fire yellow again, and another green, with a final match killing him with 13 health left.

Opened my legendary for a Yellow Green Goblin!! Super excited to win that!
  • Malcrof
    Options
    4/5/4 lvl 130, nailed it first shot, ended up with 29 yellow.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Won with a 5/2/0 level 120 venom in my second try.

Went with 150% all color dmg boost, 50% g/b boost and 2 g/b ap.

Was super lucky with the board as I got 5 match five in the game. Only manage to fire my green once for a pitiful 2000+ dmg.

I think without yellow, it is really board dependent
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2/1/5 172 got it done first time (boosted yellow, green ap and 100% damage boost). Carnage got green off despite me trying to collect that as my first color, but he never got a red off so I was a bit lucky there. I saved until the end to go green/yellow/yellow (and didn't need the 3rd yellow that was ready).
  • fruinjuice
    fruinjuice Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Beat him with 4/1/1 Lvl 130 Venom. B/G AP and 50% R/Y, B/G Attack

First try at 111 went not to shiny, so spent the 16k to max him to 130.

Second try (now at 130 and after a break) not good as I forgot to heal Venom...

Third try - had some nice 5-matches at the beginning, ate a couple scythes, before I used my 17g and 28y AP. He was at 8K when I fired 3 yellow matches followed by 2 green (thank you protect tile cost reduction) which took him out. I had 400 health left so it was now or never.

Got Mr F...