So 4 new characters over the next few weeks?

2»

Comments

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    What is correct? The OP asked several questions. Could you please spend more than 2 seconds in your interactions with us? I'm sure you must be pretty busy but correct me if I'm wrong, interacting with us is also part of your job description unless IceIX was doing it out of the goodness of his heart.

I read his response as the character releases being correct.

Cthulhu has a lot on his mind. Between devouring souls and driving sentient beings to insanity, there are few moments in the day where he can just Pthlhuilhuiah.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    They just killed a ton of allainces with the 7 day new person release

I don't follow. Are all of the smaller alliances' big players going out to merc?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Calnexin wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

I don't follow. Are all of the smaller alliances' big players going out to merc?

It's going to be a rough month for alliances that try to do both PVP and PVE.

New release (Drax)
    Heroic
    New release (7-day, Winter soldier)
    New event (Civil War, Winter Soldier [likely?] essential)

I'm sure "some" players will try to take a late jump in Hulk PVE rather than just do a seven day grind after they just finished the Drax grind, and they have the new event grind upcoming. Probably the meaning here was more players won't want to grind so many events in a row for T-100 alliances, they'll have to merc more people in.
  • Last time I think people were still able to merc out for PvP without losing their event scores though right? Should be the same here.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I'm sure "some" players will try to take a late jump in Hulk PVE rather than just do a seven day grind after they just finished the Drax grind, and....
    I can only imagine the multitudes that will attempt this and unless you have very good info and get in early, successfully doing this might be more difficult than it usually is. I need the iso, so i'll catch a fresh one late on day 1. brackets that open days 5-7 will be jumped on by many I'm afraid.
  • Gregore
    Gregore Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Maybe they will add a 3rd token.

Latest
    Classic
    Vintage
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gregore wrote:

Latest
    Classic
    Vintage

I hope the vintage go to 10CP then. Let folks catch up on those early 5*'s.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Calnexin wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

many people do not play 7 day events cause its not worth the time or hassle.. Alliances will drop those members for not playing and then those people will have no allaince set up for civil war.. So mostly if you want to stay in your top allainace your mostly forced to play the 7 day
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    Calnexin wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

many people do not play 7 day events cause its not worth the time or hassle.. Alliances will drop those members for not playing and then those people will have no allaince set up for civil war.. So mostly if you want to stay in your top allainace your mostly forced to play the 7 day
    If your alliance has decided that you are playing the Civil War event with them, if it's alliance based like Ultron and Galactus, it opens up well before the previous PVE ends. You can get the alliance members that will be playing Civil War together, have them join the event, then after that, they can replace people for end of Hulk PVE while you still get to be part of the Civil War event.

Just because you don't want to do the 7 day Hulk PVE (like me), doesn't mean you won't be gung-ho for the Civil War (I contribute heavily to those alliance ones). If your alliance won't let you join Civil War with them when you intend to actually play that 3 day event simply because you didn't grind the 7 day one... you have bigger problems with your alliance.

Join Civil War with your alliance before leaving to be replaced with a merc at Hulk PVE end.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gregore wrote:

Latest
    Classic
    Vintage

To stay true to the game's well-considered lingo:

Latest
    Classic
    Original
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I hope the vintage go to 10CP then. Let folks catch up on those early 5*'s.

What's that? 10CP for a 90% chance of a guaranteed 4* cover? Awesome! Crack for the monkey.

What they should do is take all of the older 4 star.png out of the Latest packs. Seriously? Why do I open a leg token and get a IW or Xforce? Latest should be recent. Take all 4 star.png older than 10 months or so out of Latest and put those in the Original packs. Take all 4 star.png older than 18 months out of Classic.

So like any 4 star.png before Antman will not be available in Latest tokens and anyone before Kingpin will not be available in Classic. Older 4 star.png are only available in Original tokens.

I don't remember exact dates of who was released when, but you get the idea.

JJ
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Funny. First one mentioning 4 characters in the next few weeks in my alliance chat. First thought in everyones mind: cash grab.

Whats the point of all these characters. Does anyone even remember Quake. She did just come out recently but nobody cares. And yet in order to make life easier in PVEs or DPDQs you have to have all these 4*s.

The new game play is released at a snails pace yet characters are released for no real purpose.

Oh and to anyone saying people love new characters, please run a poll asking people what new things they would rather have, new characters would be at the bottom of the list.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Funny. First one mentioning 4 characters in the next few weeks in my alliance chat. First thought in everyones mind: cash grab.

Whats the point of all these characters. Does anyone even remember Quake. She did just come out recently but nobody cares. And yet in order to make life easier in PVEs or DPDQs you have to have all these 4*s.

The new game play is released at a snails pace yet characters are released for no real purpose.

Oh and to anyone saying people love new characters, please run a poll asking people what new things they would rather have, new characters would be at the bottom of the list.

New characters = revenue. New pve content != revenue. For demiurge/d3 revenue > no revenue. Is anyone surprised that we get too much of the former and not enough of the latter? It's pretty basic math.

And I remember quake. She seemed really cool. Can't wait to play her. . .in early 2017 when I might have 13 covers and enough iso to level her.