So 4 new characters over the next few weeks?

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
5*s (confirmed)
Cap (first avenger)
Iron Man (XLVI)

4*s (presumably)
Winter Soldier
War Machine

Is demiurge going to offer us 1-2k HP for the extra roster slots? Will any of them be available at more than 0.2%?

How do people feel about this deluge of new characters? Should drax have been released last week at all given this new info?

Comments

• Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    that is correct
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Is demiurge going to offer us 1-2k HP for the extra roster slots? Will any of them be available at more than 0.2%?
    Cthulhu wrote:
    that is correct
    asked and answered. icon_lol.gif

more pressing question - can we get more details about the changes coming to LTs and when they'll go live? thanks Cthulhu
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems like a blatant cash grab. That's a lot of roster slots. If they're smart, they'll put a cover of the 5* in the PvE reward queue. There are a lot of players who'll pony up some cash to expand.

Personally, the onslaught of new characters is tiresome. I haven't used Venom in a match since his essential, and I'm a long way from doing so. I'd appreciate a little time off to stand a shot at actually building some of these characters. My 4* roster is a few useless old-timers hanging out with undercovered star players.
  • Vhailorx
    Hard to tell from those marvel.com interviews, but bucky's purple sounds very interesting. 8ap to steal ap of a selected color? Need more details, but that desscription piques my interest.

Otherwise, the new slate of characters sounds very countdown tile heavy. That is much less interesting,t houghwe should reserve judgment without more info.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    We got a crush and then a breather this time last year, with Hulkbuster, Vision, Quicksilver, SWitch, and somebody else all in a pretty short period of time.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    5*s (confirmed)
    Cap (first avenger)
    Iron Man (XLVI)

4*s (presumably)
    Winter Soldier
    War Machine

How do people feel about this deluge of new characters? Should drax have been released last week at all given this new info?
    As with most 5*, only the lucky or the extremely spendy will be likely to get the new 5* right away. From the Marvel article, it sounds like you'll have "a chance at" getting either of the new 5*, so we're talking tokens, not guaranteed covers.

Most of us forum-goers will be getting a couple of new 4* characters, which is pretty much what anyone could have guessed we'd see for the month of May.

If you manage to pull both of the new 5*, I'll gladly take them off your hands and pay the HP cost to roster them myself.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    That is true, you won't need the 4K HP all at once. But you'll need it eventually!

You know what would be a REALLY COOL BONUS PRIZE for this super duper corporately mandated event? Four free roster spots! Wouldn't that be just spiffy! I would be even more excited for Civil War (the movie) then! [Hint Hint, corporate overlords {or the D3 folks that talk to them}]. Events that have great pull rates and great prizes, rather than required new characters that you'll never cover, are lots more fun!

Also would re-iterate the request to hear more about the LT's. I'm in hoarding mode, but plan on pulling LT's as soon as another is added to have highest Phoenix draw rates...but if two are added it may be four going into classic so I might have to also spend all CP to have highest OML and Phoenix draw rates possible. Would be nice to know before they flip over....
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Also would re-iterate the request to hear more about the LT's. I'm in hoarding mode, but plan on pulling LT's as soon as another is added to have highest Phoenix draw rates...but if two are added it may be four going into classic so I might have to also spend all CP to have highest OML and Phoenix draw rates possible. Would be nice to know before they flip over....
    If you want a guarantee of the highest possible Phoenix odds, I'd recommend you start ripping those tokens open. They're not going to get any better than they are now, I expect.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    That is true, you won't need the 4K HP all at once. But you'll need it eventually!

You know what would be a REALLY COOL BONUS PRIZE for this super duper corporately mandated event? Four free roster spots! Wouldn't that be just spiffy! I would be even more excited for Civil War (the movie) then! [Hint Hint, corporate overlords {or the D3 folks that talk to them}]. Events that have great pull rates and great prizes, rather than required new characters that you'll never cover, are lots more fun!

Phoenix is available in both latest and classic right now, so u can double dip her there for 3.3% each. but when they add 5* cap/IM to latest, it will be cap/im/gg 33% each; while classic will be divided between ss/oml/phx/bssm, so odds will be 2.5% each.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:

Are you jam packed full of characters ?

Do you struggle for roster spots?

Then we at d3 have just answered your prayers ... Now you...yes you! Can get all the roster slots you need by making a hp purchase in our spectacular civil war sale. The avengers Are war torn...not as much as our PRICES!
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu wrote:
    that is correct

What is correct? The OP asked several questions. Could you please spend more than 2 seconds in your interactions with us? I'm sure you must be pretty busy but correct me if I'm wrong, interacting with us is also part of your job description unless IceIX was doing it out of the goodness of his heart.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:

Phoenix is available in both latest and classic right now, so u can double dip her there for 3.3% each. but when they add 5* cap/IM to latest, it will be cap/im/gg 33% each; while classic will be divided between ss/oml/phx/bssm, so odds will be 2.5% each.

That's kind of what I assume - but I'm trying to max another 4* before I pull so I'd love to know last possible date I can rip the LT's open to start their expiration count-down as late as possible.

[Even more, I'd like to be able to champ non-maxed 4*'s or have no expiration of 4* covers....]
  • mazerat
    mazerat Posts: 118
    Hopefully they ease up the 3-4 transition in the near future. Having a million undercovered 4 stars lying around my roster sounds miserable.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does this mean it's time to spend my stockpile of command points before the classic tokens gets diluted with more 5*? Especially if I want OML covers?

I assume cap and tony will be in the latest token, which will bump Jean and spider off. Then classic will gain spidey?

Edit: beaten by snowcat and killerkoala. Confirmation would be good
  • Vhailorx
    mazerat wrote:
    Hopefully they ease up the 3-4 transition in the near future. Having a million undercovered 4 stars lying around my roster sounds miserable.

It's just as miserable at the 4* tier as it was at the 3* tier. Perhaps even more so since 4*s take so much longer to cover. . .
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    The release schedule in this game has become ridiculous.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    They just killed a ton of allainces with the 7 day new person release
  • Pongie wrote:
    Does this mean it's time to spend my stockpile of command points before the classic tokens gets diluted with more 5*? Especially if I want OML covers?

I assume cap and tony will be in the latest token, which will bump Jean and spider off. Then classic will gain spidey?

Edit: beaten by snowcat and killerkoala. Confirmation would be good
    Yes. It's really important that any changes to 5* draw rates are communicated BEFORE they go live. The sooner the better.
  • RBwilliams07
    RBwilliams07 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Yay more characters to be rostered, undercovered and useless.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    They just killed a ton of allainces with the 7 day new person release
    Forget the 7 day PVE it is a month long grind. 7 Day PVE for winter soldier who will be essential for Civil War which will be run twice with fabulous prizes, then the release of war machine. Forget your alliance say good bye to your significant other and family for the next month so you can play MPQ!!