Affiliations

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Having this info is nice.

Burying this info on the last info screen is annoying.

Would you please add a little icon to the main character screen for affiliation purposes?

Suggestions:

Team Iron Man icon_ironman.png
Team Cap icon_captainamerica.png
Heroes: icon_shield.png
Villians: icon_loki.png
Avengers: icon_thor.png
X-men: icon_professorx.png

Comments

• Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    There doesn't seem to be a X-men affliation acknowledged in the game bios (at least on iOS ) but oddly there is a fantastic four one noted.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tatercat wrote:
    There doesn't seem to be a X-men affliation acknowledged in the game bios (at least on iOS ) but oddly there is a fantastic four one noted.
    MrF's yellowflag.png looks for other members of F4 to determine how much AP to generate.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    There may have always been a hidden one for Heroes/Villians.

Ghost Rider's red does damage depending on that status.

On a side note, how do you think Cap feels about GR being on team cap?

Also, I know there's no X-men affiliation, just throwing out ideas. icon_e_smile.gif
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Shouldn't there be an affiliation like "Divine" for Divine Champion PvP ?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    wasn't there x-men specific teamup damage boosts back in the early days of the game? if so there had to be an affiliation in the background somewhere.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    pheregas wrote:

On a side note, how do you think Cap feels about GR being on team cap?

They both ride motorcycles, so they're cool, man.
  • Would imagine this is mainly for the Civil War event. Interesting that switch is opposite Rulk and Fist opposite HB for those who use hose teams in PVE. I find it weird Rulk is even aligned with anyone given his Villian status.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas wrote:
    There may have always been a hidden one for Heroes/Villians.
    Ghost Rider's red does damage depending on that status.
    They provided a list of who qualified for Villain status when GR was released. We've always known they were there.

I'm pretty surprised that the X-Men affiliation isn't there given that they used to have a faction boost and that the Avengers and Dark Avengers still have theirs.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm pretty surprised that the X-Men affiliation isn't there given that they used to have a faction boost and that the Avengers and Dark Avengers still have theirs.

I'm surprised as well. I don't get why the Mutant and The Brotherhood affiliations aren't in the bios when I still have their retired boosts. Doombots on the other hand...
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    I sure hope that little survey a while back where you picked a side doesn't have any bearing on the Civil War event... :/
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    No X-Men affiliation is weird given that there's one for the Guardians of the Galaxy, even though there's no mechanic that would take it into account.

Some of the Team Cap / Iron Man affiliations are puzzling, too. Silver Surfer is on Team Iron Man? GG Cap...
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash wrote:
    No X-Men affiliation is weird given that there's one for the Guardians of the Galaxy, even though there's no mechanic that would take it into account.

Some of the Team Cap / Iron Man affiliations are puzzling, too. Silver Surfer is on Team Iron Man? GG Cap...
    Why did Cap get GG? Because all the "good guys" were taken...
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I meant "good game, Cap" - can you imagine if Silver Surfer actually came to Earth to fight for Iron Man during Civil War? There's a reason why Marvel's terrestrial and cosmic characters very rarely interact...
  • rossmon
    rossmon Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Maybe it's because almost all "heros" have at some point, some affiliation with xmen?
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't see this thread when I posted earlier, so I'm once again quoting my comments here!
    mega ghost wrote:
    And affiliations have been added with the update! I was expecting them to appear front and center, but as of now they're buried at the end of the character description page, after the list of all of their moves. So far the affiliations I see are 'Team Iron Man,' 'Team Cap,' 'Avengers,' 'Fantastic Four,' 'Guardians of the Galaxy,' 'Heroes,' and 'Villains.'

'X-Men' and any X-teams are conspicuously missing, which is a bummer. Wolverine doesn't even get an 'Avengers' affiliation. He is just 'Heroes.'

So while I'm excited about the Civil War dynamic, cutting out any non-MCU properties seems like it's just going to weaken the dynamic or make it largely useless after the Civil War event.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    wow. team cap is quite a bit bigger than team IM. I don't have a complete count but from relevant characters on my roster team cap is about 16 and team IM about 10. IM gets some great 4*s but cap has a ton of great 3*s. 4* players I think are going to be forced into team IM while 3* players will definitely choose cap. assuming we have some kind of restricted roster play. it could just be choosing who gets boosted - we'll see.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    pheregas wrote:
    Having this info is nice.

Burying this info on the last info screen is annoying.

Would you please add a little icon to the main character screen for affiliation purposes?

Suggestions:

Team Iron Man icon_ironman.png
    Team Cap icon_captainamerica.png
    Heroes: icon_shield.png
    Villians: icon_loki.png
    Avengers: icon_thor.png
    X-men: icon_professorx.png

Excellent idea. I would also suggest using a DIFFERENT shape to denote group affiliation. Maybe pentagram? Octagon? Or some other weirdo shape?
    icon_lol.gif
  • Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    How do they not include X-Men, or even just a general Mutant affiliation? That's ridiculous.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Some of these make zero sense.

Team Cap has more than Team Iron Man. I counted 32 vs 25. I don't have a few 1* and 5*, but I imagine BSS is Team IM and 1* Hawkeye is Team Cap. And I would guess Storm is neutral and Green Goblin, Venom, and Yelena are just villains. Which would make it 33 vs 26.

For some reason IM40 has NO affiliations. Not to heroes, Avengers, or Team IM. I assume just a small oversight.

Colossus is Team Iron Man...for some reason. Despite that no other X-characters are either team.

Dude Thor isn't affiliated with either team, but Lady Thor is.

KK is team Cap, but she wasn't around in original CW, not in the movie, and in CW2 she's on Iron Man's side.

Silver Surfer and Ghost Rider being on any team.

I did get a chuckle out of Rags being team Iron Man though.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cabol wrote:
    How do they not include X-Men, or even just a general Mutant affiliation? That's ridiculous.

I agree and think it's just going to weaken a new mechanism in the game that has a lot of potential, or undermine it completely before it ever takes off. That said, if they're running everything by Marvel right now, and Marvel gets final approval rights, there is no way they will evenly promote features in support of properties they don't currently have the film rights to. This most notably includes mutants (The X-Men) and the Fantastic Four. They are going so far to not promote these properties that the Fantastic Four comic was cancelled and they killed Wolverine... heck, they even are selling an updated 'Secret Wars' t-shirt in which all of the Fantastic Four and X-Men characters were photoshopped out (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/05/19/a-second-marvel-secret-wars-t-shirt-drops-ff-and-x-men/) Marvel is owned by Disney, and Disney doesn't play around with their IP.

So why do we have a Fantastic Four affiliation and not an X-Men one? My guess is because the FF franchise has bombed in the theaters over and over, and they're not worried about giving Fox any extra money there, whereas the X-Men movies have been popular and the latest one is poised to do well. It's also rumored that the FF film rights might be going back to Marvel.