Poll: Over/Under 100 days to hear from Mount Demiurge

Colognoisseur
Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
It has been since February 8 when we received our last communication from Mount Demiurge. 72 days and counting as of this post. The longest period of radio silence since the game began.

This little poll is just for fun please no wagering.

Will it be over 100 days or under 100 days before the Demi-Gods decide to communicate with the mortal customers?

Edit from below to be clear:

Yes I'm talking about the community video and the monthly written ones prior to that.

The kind of communication that doesn't just cover what new event or character is coming up but the kind that actually decides to treat us like we matter to them.

They'll need to stop swigging from the Red Bull fountain up there on Mount Demiurge to actually deign to speak with us.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Under. There will be a special event/announcement for civil war.

Also, does the duck season announcement not count? Are you only considering the community videos?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Under because civil war comes out before 100 days would be up and I think they will have a video telling us about all the cool things they are doing with civil war and that they are really excited about it.
    They will not answer any of our question from the threads you started (thanks for that), only that they are aware of our concerns and are working on it, and more characters are on the way.
  • Colognoisseur
    edited April 2016
    Vhailorx wrote:

Also, does the duck season announcement not count? Are you only considering the community videos?

Yes I'm talking about the community video and the monthly written ones prior to that.

The kind of communication that doesn't just cover what new event or character is coming up but the kind that actually decides to treat us like we matter to them.

They'll need to stop swigging from the Red Bull fountain up there on Mount Demiurge to actually deign to speak with us.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Do posts from Oracle HiFi count as communication? They could just drop another copy/paste job in his lap for whatever new event is coming. They can't even tease us with it, because some random blog paid for news rights.

I'll say over, because that's the image they've created.
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    I voted over just so they can prove me wrong.

Two-way communication is so messy and such a hassle.

This game may be past that stage. Into the autopilot phase.

You know, not quite phoning it in, but from the outside, the appearance of phoning it in.

Announcements will continue, responsiveness (if not already a thing of the past ...) will continue to decline. It's the nature of these things.
  • Vhailorx

We do matter to them. Exactly to the extent that we are a constant source of revenue!

To be honest, I have some sympathy for demiurge re: communication with the community as they are definitely in a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation. That said, things have gotten worse in 2016, and it's hard to take the recent announcements at face value given the apparent gap between stated goals (fun, challenge) and implemented changes (lvl 200 'trivial' nodes, and more grinding all around for the same rewards).
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    ...and it's hard to take the recent announcements at face value given the apparent gap between stated goals (fun, challenge) and implemented changes (lvl 200 'trivial' nodes, and more grinding all around for the same rewards).
    and the adjustment to scaling with one of the goals of giving an advantage to leveling your roster when actual results and feedback are in fact opposite of the stated intention. turning back the lever for everyone doesn't help the disparity.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx wrote:

When did they ever treat us like we mattered? Most of those videos where just hey look at the shiny new turd we worked on. And an endless stream of "We'll get to that eventually" responses.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    How are they damned if they do?
  • Vhailorx

Posting specific information about upcoming changes = vocal displeasure from everyone affected negatively by the upcoming changes (even when those changes are necessary. Go look at the long history of nerf announcements, even for stupid broken characters like original ragnarok)

Not posting specific information about upcoming changes = displeasure from everyone about the lack of communication in general.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Posting specific information about upcoming changes = vocal displeasure from everyone affected negatively by the upcoming changes
    What kind of work do you do, where you apparently don't have to concern yourself with any customer feedback?
  • Vhailorx
    simonsez wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Posting specific information about upcoming changes = vocal displeasure from everyone affected negatively by the upcoming changes
    What kind of work do you do, where you apparently don't have to concern yourself with any customer feedback?

slow down there angry mob. I didn't say that I approved of Demiurge's communication strategy over the past few months. Just that I had some sympathy for them because they are going to get some angry/snarky/rude posts no matter what they do. I still think they should communicate. And I am pretty sure you can find posts from me to that effect on this forum over at least the past 16 months.
  • Colognoisseur
    Vhailorx wrote:

Posting specific information about upcoming changes = vocal displeasure from everyone affected negatively by the upcoming changes (even when those changes are necessary. Go look at the long history of nerf announcements, even for stupid broken characters like original ragnarok)

Not posting specific information about upcoming changes = displeasure from everyone about the lack of communication in general.

Posting specific information about upcoming changes using your words causes"vocal displeasure from everyone affected" which is not everyone. I would also point out that by explaining upcoming changes they take the sting out of them by letting the more reasonable among us consider those reasons. If you look back at the long history of nerf announcements you will see plenty of posts containing I don't like I'm losing my overpowered character but I do understand why it is good for the game's overall health.

On not posting specific information again using your words "displeasure from everyone" this time it is everyone. How many topics per day do we get on the forum which could be cleared up with one missive from Mount Demiurge? They can even use the technique they have been employing as of late. Giving it to Hi-Fi to post as a message from the Demi-Gods without attaching a name to it.

If the devs are so thin skinned that they can't take some criticism for doing something they love that is sad.
    I feel the same way about sports stars. You get paid to do something most of us would love to do as a job. Play a game every day at work. If a sports figure becomes surly and refuses to communicate he is called out for being a churlish spoilsport. If the criticism stings them so much then do what those sports stars do; stop looking. Hi-Fi can compile things taking out all the criticism so the Demi-Gods can feel good. This development team is making a living off of the customers who are paying to play their game. We deserve to hear from them more than once in 73 days and counting.

One final point Hi-Fi has been doing a great job. None of this criticism about communication should be on him. He can only pass on what he is told he can pass on. This is all Demiurge.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Well, now that you wrote this thread it will be under 100 days, but if left to their own devices, of course, way over 100.

:+p
  • Vhailorx
    Colog see my previous post.

you are preaching to the choir. I want demiurge to communicate more and I have consistently praised them being communicative, even when they were communicating bad news.

My only point is that (and you all may want to sit down 'cos this is going to blow your minds) people on the internet do not always respond rationally to news that they do not like. It must be **** for demiurge to prepare a post explaining why they have to make some obviously necessary change (like removing original rag's winfinite combo after collecting 2 red ap) knowing that some significant portion of the player feedback is going to be from internet **** accusing them of destroying the universe and telling them to **** off.
  • Colognoisseur
    Vhailorx wrote:

you are preaching to the choir. I want demiurge to communicate more and I have consistently praised them being communicative, even when they were communicating bad news.

My only point is that (and you all may want to sit down 'cos this is going to blow your minds) people on the internet do not always respond rationally to news that they do not like. It must be tinykitty for demiurge to prepare a post explaining why they have to make some obviously necessary change (like removing original rag's winfinite combo after collecting 2 red ap) knowing that some significant portion of the player feedback is going to be from internet tinykitty accusing them of destroying the universe and telling them to tinykitty off.

Vhailorx reread my third paragraph in the previous post.
    If someone designing a game can't take internet criticism and uses that as a reason not to communicate THAT is what is tinykitty.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx wrote:

My only point is that (and you all may want to sit down 'cos this is going to blow your minds) people on the internet do not always respond rationally to news that they do not like. It must be tinykitty for demiurge to prepare a post explaining why they have to make some obviously necessary change (like removing original rag's winfinite combo after collecting 2 red ap) knowing that some significant portion of the player feedback is going to be from internet tinykitty accusing them of destroying the universe and telling them to tinykitty off.

Vhailorx reread my third paragraph in the previous post.
    If someone designing a game can't take internet criticism and uses that as a reason not to communicate THAT is what is tinykitty.

I agree. It comes with the territory. Public figures have to take the good with the bad, whether they are politicians, sports stars, or red carpet celebrities. Developers of software and hardware are the same way. If you have an open forum to discuss your product and what is happening and can't handle the bad, close your forum. Don't just stop communicating and maintaining radio silence.

If celebrities stopped being awesome because of Internet criticism, we would have had issues years before now thanks to tabloids. Criticism, justified or not, is no reason to clamp down and stop talking to the people who love and support you, despite their harsh words.
  • Vhailorx
    colog/smudge,

Other than the straw man in the corner, who is arguing that Demiurge should NOT communicate? It certainly isn't me. . .
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx wrote:
    colog/smudge,

Other than the straw man in the corner, who is arguing that Demiurge should NOT communicate? It certainly isn't me. . .

Demiurge? By absence of action if not words? Their actively arguing either way would require ... communication icon_lol.gif
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    It really is sad, we are the people that play the most this game and that spend the most, and I think we deserve enough consideration to receive some communication from devs AT LEAST every month. There are so many open themes, getting some communication on those would help a lot.

Demiurge has never excelled at communication but 2016 it is really the worst year.
This discussion has been closed.