Not receiving gifts anymore

Options
13»

Comments

• Nope the 2 recruit tokens standard were for my patience. I guess.
  • I'm also having the same problem with receiving gifts. I received the FB notifications of requests, but have not received any gifts for the last week upon opening the MPQ app. Have also email-ed the d3 support, but received the generic answer to force close and restart device, to no avail. Hope this gets resolved soon!
  • In a different twist, I never receive notifications of gifts. But I still get them (although fairly rarely vs. some -- I get maybe 3 or 4 a day with 160+ friends... and the ones I do receive are always from the same person).

I checked settings yesterday and notifications are enabled for everything. On IOS 7.03 on a 5S.
  • Yea, I only receive rewards from the same 3 people, no matter how many people I delete or add in as new.
  • Problem solved for me . Received about 250 gifts in a row after instaling R42. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • ruben wrote:
    Problem solved for me . Received about 250 gifts in a row after instaling R42. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Me too! I got more than 80k Iso-8!!
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'm on an iPhone 4 (not 4S) running iOS 6 (trying to avoid iOS 7 as long as possible icon_razz.gif ).

I've been playing really hardcore for the past week or so, but I have noticed that it seems to be very, very rare now that I even get the opportunity to send gifts to my FB friends. Like, really rare. In 2-3 hours of play, I'll maybe get one FB share opportunity.

Has this been tuned down to discourage players from having lots of friends, or just from sharing gifts in general, or am I crazy and this is confirmation bias talking? Thanks.

Edit - I should mention, I have 100+ FB friends...might the number of friends I have affect this?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    someguy wrote:
    I'm on an iPhone 4 (not 4S) running iOS 6 (trying to avoid iOS 7 as long as possible icon_razz.gif ).

I've been playing really hardcore for the past week or so, but I have noticed that it seems to be very, very rare now that I even get the opportunity to send gifts to my FB friends. Like, really rare. In 2-3 hours of play, I'll maybe get one FB share opportunity.

Has this been tuned down to discourage players from having lots of friends, or just from sharing gifts in general, or am I crazy and this is confirmation bias talking? Thanks.
    We haven't made any changes to the sending of gifts, and at first glance I'm seeing the same overall numbers of gifts sent per unique user over the past couple weeks.
  • IceIX wrote:
    someguy wrote:

We haven't made any changes to the sending of gifts, and at first glance I'm seeing the same overall numbers of gifts sent per unique user over the past couple weeks.

k, thanks man...does the algorithm take into consideration the number of FB friends you have at al??
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Nope. It's a simple chance on any share-applicable prize to have the gifting ability pop up. I'll see about maybe pushing a streakbreaker in though, could help.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm having this problem as well, and although I send an notification to facebook and mpq-helpdesk, the problem is still not resolved.

Can someone tell me where I have to look, or who I have to contact or something like that?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I moved my game progress to a new account. I have added friends, I can send gifts to them, but I don't receive any gifts.
  • Unknown
    Options
    D3 replied to my ticket about this and blamed Facebook, saying it's a problem in their system and not in the MPQ system. Strange.