FIX YOUR GAME

Options
Ok it's been awhile since I complained about anything. As far as I was concerned the last month or so the game has for a lot better, then you go and release the Hulk event and everyone is delighted including me. By far the best event you have released. But then you go and fcuk things up again. I'm sorry, I get scaling, I really do,I understand the need. BUT THIS IS NOT SCALING.

This is exactly how it happened for me.

Fought level 13 guys
Won a standard token
Opened the token
Went back to same guys
Level 230- SERIOUSLY????

This is beyond a joke, beyond broken. You get the community happy again then you go and do this?

And before the SAME GUYS who think the game is all perfect and rosy start saying we shouldn't complain, that there is nothing wrong with the event or the level 230 guys, PLEASE BE QUIET. There was a time when MOST, if not all of you complained about these levels, and now just cause you are able to beat them, you expect the rest of us to keep quiet? Nope I'm sorry that's not how it works. I've seen many of you telling others to shut up, complained about THE VERY SAME THING months ago when your team wasn't as strong as it is now.

Anyway rant over. I'm away to play FIFA instead.

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options
    I'm trying to get a more concise statement with where we are on scaling in general, but I don't have anything overall at this very second.

Rant notwithstanding, reply notwithstanding, please don't blatantly avoid the profanity filter like that.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Yup, major feels were broken when a common player hoped for some ISO and the random goodness that is standard tokens and got lvl 230 all over again.
    I couldn't play the first Hulk event for its most part... Now I kinda sorta can, but it's definitely not very enjoyable. icon_cry.gificon_rolleyes.gif
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    I was rather excited when I got in and the opponents were level 14, scaling up to 17 then 30 as I played. Got the CLD error and POOF! level 230 Hulk and 140 others. Yay.....

Like OP, I get that scaling is a necessary part of the game but the way it is done wipes out the middle tiered players in favor of those with high & diverse rosters or people just starting out.
  • Thank you steam for being broken. Saw the event, saw nice low level enemies, thought at last it looks like normal enemy levels. Tried to deposit via steam but it kept messing up. Gave up, came back and enemy lvls had went through the roof. So glad i didnt buy hp.
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    I'm trying to get a more concise statement with where we are on scaling in general, but I don't have anything overall at this very second.

Rant notwithstanding, reply notwithstanding, please don't blatantly avoid the profanity filter like that.

I am sure you have a lot on your plate right now IceIX but the patch notes you posted are also incorrect. they have the wrong buffed characters and detail the wrong hero bundles on sale. IT looks like the information for the last running of the Hulk event.
  • IceIX wrote:

Scaling is stupid since some players have the ability to stun lock in PVE with Spidey and others are still lack covers. I may have a higher overall roster than someone shredding through PVE, but that's because I'm missing the one character that allows team to beat grossly high level opponents.
  • IceIX wrote:

Apologies Ice, but just saying how many people feel, yep the cursing could have been held back but it added effect icon_e_wink.gif

Also when you have a minute, I failed to get my rewards from 5 days ago and sent in countless emails to Mobilesupport but haven't heard anything back, not even a standard reply. Do you know if perhaps they are all on holiday/dead/asleep or all 3?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options
    IceIX wrote:

Apologies Ice, but just saying how many people feel, yep the cursing could have been held back but it added effect icon_e_wink.gif

Also when you have a minute, I failed to get my rewards from 5 days ago and sent in countless emails to Mobilesupport but haven't heard anything back, not even a standard reply. Do you know if perhaps they are all on holiday/dead/asleep or all 3?
    I don't have the tools to look into that one, but if you can PM D3PCS he'll look into it. Feel free to PM me as well, but I'll just go poke him in any case. And yes, despite the offputting faceless name, the poster behind D3PCS (not the group, which is bigger) is one guy.
  • And yes, despite the offputting faceless name, the poster behind D3PCS (not the group, which is bigger) is one guy.
    Faceless.... one guy.... he's the Chameleon, isn't he? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • IceIX wrote:

Scaling is stupid since some players have the ability to stun lock in PVE with Spidey and others are still lack covers. I may have a higher overall roster than someone shredding through PVE, but that's because I'm missing the one character that allows team to beat grossly high level opponents.

Spidey makes it the easiest, but there's lots of ways to beat grossly high level opponents - AP stealers, a bunch of protect tiles, cascades - the problem is that there's this "dividing line" of your team simply having high enough hit points to survive the opponents' match-threes long enough to gain "control" of the game. Thankfully I crossed that dividing line in the past month, but I still feel for those that haven't, and even with a nerfed Spidey I think we're still going to see the problem that high level rosters, since they're the only ones who are going to attempt the high level missions, are going to keep them high for everyone.
  • +1!! Haven't done a single mission in the subs and they are ALL 230. It's just so annoying and not even fun anymore stun locking. All the while everyone else gets level 1-80.
  • Either something's going on beyond the scaling, or the scaling has broken even worse than the first PVE it was introduced in. This makes things rather less fun. People will play more, and thus pay more (for HP for roster slots if nothing else), if they have fun.
  • Too good to be true.. I play through the first round of missions with a feeling in the pit of my stomach that something is wrong. I want to tell myself, "Yay! Its going to scale up slowly from the bottom", but I'm afraid to betray that thought to myself after being burnt on the first scaled mission. When that first rolled out, I called some friends who stopped playing and told them, "give it another try -- no more crazy missions!" /facepalm

I knew I should have kept going why the going was good, but I went back to my responsibilities like a good worker. I check the forum on my break, see this thread, then promptly boot the game on my phone to find every node with maxed out levels.

I'm trying to stay positive, but this is a real disappointment. These subs are going to take more time and effort than the Black Panther PvE and I'm completely burnt out from that experience. I rarely voice complaints on here, but this really has me bummed and considering alternatives. Heaven knows I have more productive things I should be doing anyway. icon_e_sad.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jachdo wrote:
    Too good to be true.. I play through the first round of missions with a feeling in the pit of my stomach that something is wrong. I want to tell myself, "Yay! Its going to scale up slowly from the bottom", but I'm afraid to betray that thought to myself after being burnt on the first scaled mission. When that first rolled out, I called some friends who stopped playing and told them, "give it another try -- no more crazy missions!" /facepalm

I knew I should have kept going why the going was good, but I went back to my responsibilities like a good worker. I check the forum on my break, see this thread, then promptly boot the game on my phone to find every node with maxed out levels.

I'm trying to stay positive, but this is a real disappointment. These subs are going to take more time and effort than the Black Panther PvE and I'm completely burnt out from that experience. I rarely voice complaints on here, but this really has me bummed and considering alternatives. Heaven knows I have more productive things I should be doing anyway. icon_e_sad.gif

Have you tried restarting the game? Enemies are back down to 60-70ish for me.
  • Jachdo wrote:
    Too good to be true.. I play through the first round of missions with a feeling in the pit of my stomach that something is wrong. I want to tell myself, "Yay! Its going to scale up slowly from the bottom", but I'm afraid to betray that thought to myself after being burnt on the first scaled mission. When that first rolled out, I called some friends who stopped playing and told them, "give it another try -- no more crazy missions!" /facepalm

Have you tried restarting the game? Enemies are back down to 60-70ish for me.

Thanks Polarity, I actually just read that in the Hulk thread a few minutes ago and tried it. Unfortunately, everyone came back up maxed still. Every. Single. Node.

I'll try rebooting the device in a little bit, but I'm not hopeful.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah, flakey. I hadn't started the Hulk event yet, checked out the first battle in the main bracket and the dark avengers trio was at level 158. First battle out of the gate, yikes.

Restarted MPQ and they dropped to level 50.
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Weird glad i restarted levels came down quite a bit... thanks NP
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Just as an additional point of reference, I have a 3 L60+ 2*s topping my roster, and just finished #7 in the BP PvP (so my MMR is likely high for my roster).
    Here are the levels that I can see (not playing any sub-nodes yet; waiting to enter a later, less refresh-grindy sub-bracket):

Nevada:
    - Punisher: all L59
    - BP: all L51

Canada:
    - Solo Hulk: L193 icon_eek.gif
    - Canada I: all L69
    - BP: all L59

Aside from Rambo Hulk, scaling seems to be sensible at this point.

P.S. - Didn't restart at all since the event opened -- got a stealth-rescale, perhaps.
  • HailMary wrote:
    Just as an additional point of reference, I have a 3 L60+ 2*s topping my roster, and just finished #7 in the BP PvP (so my MMR is likely high for my roster).
    Here are the levels that I can see (not playing any sub-nodes yet; waiting to enter a later, less refresh-grindy sub-bracket):

Nevada:

Canada:

P.S. - Didn't restart at all since the event opened -- got a stealth-rescale, perhaps.
    I just checked my lvls and all of mine were roughly double your levels (Solo Hulk was 199). I just close out the game entirely and started it back up...all my lvls are now lower than what you have listed. Nothing is higher than 50 and the Solo Hulk is 147.

Is there any reasoning for why restarting the game would cause a drop in levels? Could it be that it refreshes your MMR or event scaling somehow to what it should be?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mondo wrote:
    HailMary wrote:

Nevada:

Canada:

I just checked my lvls and all of mine were roughly double your levels (Solo Hulk was 199). I just close out the game entirely and started it back up...all my lvls are now lower than what you have listed. Nothing is higher than 50 and the Solo Hulk is 147.

Is there any reasoning for why restarting the game would cause a drop in levels? Could it be that it refreshes your MMR or event scaling somehow to what it should be?

It's because the devs are still tweaking scaling and pushing out stealth updates, so restarting your game would force your client to get the new updates.