**** Drax (The Destroyer) ****

Cthulhu
Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
edited May 2017 in Character Details
Drax (The Destroyer) icon_draxpng
4 Star Rarity (Legendary) Wiki Link
At Max Level: HP: 17288 Tile Damage: 12/65/11/74/13/86/4.0x
    The Destroyer 12 blacktilepng AP
    Drax charges headlong into the battle, viciously destroying anything in sight but leaving his allies high and dry. Removes up to 1 random friendly countdown tile. Deals 1084 damage to the enemy, plus 787 damage for each tile removed.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Deals 1471 damage plus 833 extra damage for up to 1 tile. Level 3: Deals 1766 damage plus 880 extra damage for up to 2 tiles. Level 4: Deals 2448 damage plus 972 extra damage for up to 2 tiles. Level 5: Deals 3579 damage plus 1111 extra damage for up to 3 tiles.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Deals 3439 damage plus 1713 extra damage for up to 2 tiles. Level 4: Deals 4767 damage plus 1894 extra damage for up to 2 tiles. Level 5: Deals 6971 damage plus 2164 extra damage for up to 3 tiles.

Secret Weapon - 8 purpletilepng AP
    Drax hides around the corner as his team’s ace in the hole, waiting to spring a vicious attack when he sees the signal. Places a 3-turn Countdown tile on the board and ends the turn. If this tile is on the board when an ally fires a power, remove it and deal 1269 damage to the target enemy.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Place a 3-turn countdown tile on the board, if ally fires a power, remove countdown tile and deal 1630 damage to target enemy. Level 3: Place a 3-turn countdown tile on the board, if ally fires a power, remove countdown tile and deal 2001 damage to target enemy. Level 4: Place a 3-turn countdown tile on the board, if ally fires a power, remove countdown tile and deal 2658 damage to target enemy. Level 5: Place a 3-turn countdown tile on the board, if ally fires a power, remove countdown tile and deal 3890 damage to target enemy.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Place a 3-turn countdown tile on the board, if ally fires a power, remove countdown tile and deal 3897 damage to target enemy. Level 4: Place a 3-turn countdown tile on the board, if ally fires a power, remove countdown tile and deal 5179 damage to target enemy. Level 5: Place a 3-turn countdown tile on the board, if ally fires a power, remove countdown tile and deal 7578 damage to target enemy.

Slice & Dice - 8 redtilepng AP
    Drax pulls out a pair of razor-sharp knives and slices away at his enemy with ferocious speed and intensity. Deals 491 damage to the target or 982 damage if the target has more then 90% of their total health.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Deals 686 damage or 1371 damage if target has more then 90% of their total health. Level 3: Deals 880 damage or 1760 damage if target has more then 90% of their total health. Level 4: Deals 1269 damage or 2538 damage if target has more then 90% of their total health. Level 5: Deals 2057 damage or 4113 damage if target has more then 90% of their total health.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Deals 1714 damage or 3427 damage if target has more then 90% of their total health. Level 4: Deals 2471 damage or 4942 damage if target has more then 90% of their total health. Level 5: Deals 4004 damage or 8009 damage if target has more then 90% of their total health.

Comments

• SnowcaTT
      SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
      Horray, a new 4* character! Just what this game needed!
    • Melevorn
      Melevorn Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
      So... same colours as Deadpool and Elektra. Red similar to 3* Deadpool (more effective as an opening/early attack) and purple that's similar to 4* Deadpool's black (dealing damage to the enemy if they use a power instead of if they do lots of damage). The black looks like a clone of Kingpin's black, but with double the AP cost.

What does this character bring to the 4* stable? Re-iterations of familiar mechanics, duplicate colour scheme to a useful existing 4* (as opposed to a new Black/Blue/Yellow 4* which would at least fill the gap left by Mr Not-So-Fantastic) - I think that they're beginning to scrape the bottom of the barrel here...
    • Jathro
      Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
      SnowcaTT wrote:
      That sarcasm won't go over this guys head. He would catch it.

He'll also play well with Star-Lord and others from that galaxy.
    • wymtime
      wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
      Melevorn wrote:
      So... same colours as Deadpool and Elektra. Red similar to 3* Deadpool (more effective as an opening/early attack) and purple that's similar to 4* Deadpool's black (dealing damage to the enemy if they use a power instead of if they do lots of damage). The black looks like a clone of Kingpin's black, but with double the AP cost.

What does this character bring to the 4* stable? Re-iterations of familiar mechanics, duplicate colour scheme to a useful existing 4* (as opposed to a new Black/Blue/Yellow 4* which would at least fill the gap left by Mr Not-So-Fantastic) - I think that they're beginning to scrape the bottom of the barrel here...
      Depending on how many cd his black can remove how awesome would that go with cd for what? Damage upfront, plus damage for each cd destroyed twice. That could be better than surgical strike and this character will probably have higher health.
    • udonomefoo
      udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
      wymtime wrote:
      Depending on how many cd his black can remove how awesome would that go with cd for what? Damage upfront, plus damage for each cd destroyed twice. That could be better than surgical strike and this character will probably have higher health.

This makes sense, and is prob why the color scheme is a dupe of xfdp to somewhat reduce its usefulness.
    • notamutant
      notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
      So this is the revenge guy? Seems somewhat tactical from the skill descriptions. I know some people were saying Drax, and while I haven't read much of GotG, I always thought of him as a brute force character, not tactical. Color scheme doesn't really match a 4 star Black Panther for Civil War. War Machine wouldn't be likely to have purple, but then again, Green Goblin doesn't have a green skill. It doesn't feel like Winter Soldier, but it could be. It might actually be a 4 star Black Widow. I don't know what else is in the comics, so maybe they could do a movie version like with SW and QS? Might be too much like the modern Black Widow though.
    • Blahahah
      Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
      I still haven't gotten over the fact that we got Old Man Logan instead of Elixir icon_e_sad.gif
      Doctor Strange movie is coming up, it feels kinda lame to have him as a 4* rather than a 5* though.
    • MonoElm
      MonoElm Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
      Crossbones?
    • MonoElm
      MonoElm Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
      Better yet: Baron Zemo!
    • Redrobot30
      Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
      Just another new character that I will be behind on getting. The pile just keeps adding up too fast to keep up... icon_e_sad.gif
    • Melevorn
      wymtime wrote:
      I'm afraid not - they've specifically said "remove" instead of "destroy", so just like Kingpin post-nerf (and JG always) this power will not (as written) combo successfully with 'Countdown to What'.

Quake and XFW are the main combo characters for that power, now.
    • Thevipper
      Thevipper Posts: 90
      White tiger or kraven maybe?
    • Melevorn
      edited April 2016
      As a side note, this new character is yet another third-to-a-colour-combo, while there are still many colour combinations which have no characters at all at the 4* level. With thirty 4*'s in the game right now, that's pretty annoying:

icon_falcon.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_thor.pngnone.pngyellowtile.pngredtile.pngbluetile.png ---- purpletile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pngnone.png
      icon_spidergwen.pngicon_miles.pngicon_starlord.pngnone.pngyellowtile.pngredtile.pngpurpletile.png ---- bluetile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pngnone.pngicon_punisher.pngicon_hulkcho.png
      icon_nobody.pngicon_nobody.pngicon_thing.pngnone.pngyellowtile.pngredtile.pnggreentile.png ---- bluetile.pngpurpletile.pngblacktile.pngnone.png
      icon_nobody.pngicon_nobody.pngicon_nova.pngnone.pngyellowtile.pngredtile.pngblacktile.png ---- bluetile.pngpurpletile.pnggreentile.pngnone.pngicon_iceman.pngicon_jeangrey.pnghoward_icon.png
      icon_antman.pngicon_professorx.pngicon_nickfury.pngnone.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.png ---- redtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.pngnone.pngicon_carnage.pngicon_ghostrider.png
      icon_nobody.pngicon_invisiblewoman.pngicon_quake.pngnone.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.pnggreentile.png ---- redtile.pngpurpletile.pngblacktile.pngnone.pngicon_elektra.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_drax.png
      icon_nobody.pngicon_nobody.pngicon_mrfantastic.pngnone.pngyellowtile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.png ---- redtile.pngpurpletile.pnggreentile.pngnone.pngicon_devildino.pngicon_redhulk.pngicon_x23.png
      icon_nobody.pngicon_nobody.pngicon_nobody.pngnone.pngyellowtile.pngpurpletile.pnggreentile.png ---- redtile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.pngnone.pngicon_ironman.png
      icon_nobody.pngicon_nobody.pngicon_kingpin.pngnone.pngyellowtile.pngpurpletile.pngblacktile.png ---- redtile.pngbluetile.pnggreentile.pngnone.png
      icon_nobody.pngicon_venom.pngicon_wolverine.pngnone.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.pngblacktile.png ---- redtile.pngbluetile.pngpurpletile.pngnone.png

EDIT: Replaced *new unknown* with Drax ( icon_drax.png ).
    • SpecSpecter
      SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
      Melevorn wrote:
      As a side note, this new character is yet another third-to-a-colour-combo, while there are still many colour combinations which have no characters at all at the 4* level. With thirty 4*'s in the game right now, that's pretty annoying:
      Nifty visual there, but yeah you would think that as much as they push out 4*s that it would be a small thing to target the unused character color combinations...
    • Eichen
      Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
      My guess is a Archangel. A preview character for the new x-men movie.
    • SpecSpecter
      SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
      I certainly wouldn't mind Archangel, it'll be nice to finally get the last of the original five out of the way. All considering it'll be pretty hilarious if they end up using X-Force Archangel to boot.
    • zodiac339
      zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
      notamutant wrote:
      So this is the revenge guy? Seems somewhat tactical from the skill descriptions. I know some people were saying Drax, and while I haven't read much of GotG, I always thought of him as a brute force character, not tactical. Color scheme doesn't really match a 4 star Black Panther for Civil War. War Machine wouldn't be likely to have purple, but then again, Green Goblin doesn't have a green skill. It doesn't feel like Winter Soldier, but it could be. It might actually be a 4 star Black Widow. I don't know what else is in the comics, so maybe they could do a movie version like with SW and QS? Might be too much like the modern Black Widow though.
      I think Black Panther sounds right. "color scheme doesn't match" is nothing to consider, which you admitted with GG. Wolverine's only color in all variants is yellow (where I'd expect red), Black Widow only has one variant with black and only one with red, which are the colors I think of with Scarlet Joh... Black Widow. With Black Widow. So, I expect 4 star Black Panther. And live with the disappointment of still no War Machine. Or Shadowcat. Oh, Kitty. In my dreams until you're in my game.
    • Tredo
      Tredo Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
      SnowcaTT wrote:

Where else are you going to spend the copious amounts of ISO the game provides?
    • optimus2861
      optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
      Eichen wrote:
      My guess is a Archangel. A preview character for the new x-men movie.
      Marvel doesn't actively promote the X-Men movies, if you hadn't already noticed. They don't veto the use of X-Men characters in this game (there are zero in Marvel Future Fight though), but if there's a character or tie-in they want Demiurge to make, you can take it to the bank that it won't ever be a mutant.
    • jackstar0
      jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
      4* Black Widow?