Well. I guess this is it then.

2»

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    My only major complaint is that I had over 10,000 more points than another person in my alliance yet he finished in the top 10 and I was 238th?

Overall his level of characters was very close to mine, it left me wondering why?
    could have been noob vs bet bracket, but more likely he just joined a fresh slice on day 1 like I try and do. even if its not fresh, joining halfway or 2/3 of the way through sub 1 usually puts you with a more casual group. all the heavy grinders join at the opening gun. 60,500 put me 17th. I joined slice 5 about 11 hrs into the event in the 600s (was not fresh, but much more casual group) icon_e_wink.gif
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    TxMoose wrote:
    My only major complaint is that I had over 10,000 more points than another person in my alliance yet he finished in the top 10 and I was 238th?

Overall his level of characters was very close to mine, it left me wondering why?
    could have been noob vs bet bracket, but more likely he just joined a fresh slice on day 1 like I try and do. even if its not fresh, joining halfway or 2/3 of the way through sub 1 usually puts you with a more casual group. all the heavy grinders join at the opening gun. 60,500 put me 17th. I joined slice 5 about 11 hrs into the event in the 600s (was not fresh, but much more casual group) icon_e_wink.gif

I've even had good luck joining Slice One at 3-4 hours after it starts. The last two times I've hit Top 10 (Punisher Max and Webbed Wonder) we're ones we're I didn't join until around that time (both were very grind intensive though).
  • Do you just wait a few hours to play and then get better results? I find that I keep getting in hit hard with groups with large point totals.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    They should add a single cover of the new character to high-end progression in these new release events. Replace the 25 CP if they're completely unwilling to add another reward.

then people would complain they are playing hard for nothing. I mean whats the point

say

50,000 is now 4 star...

60,000 would be needed to take top 100,
    80,000 would be needed to take top 20
    120,000 would top 10...

if i hit 50,000 pts there would be no reason to keep grinding and trying for top 100 cause i got the cover... and people would complain they grined for nothing more people would have the needed 4 stars meaning the next PVE would be harder since more will have it.

im mostly waiting to see if they do something for civil war i might be on the edge of dropping pve and just doing PVP. game just isnt fun anymore
  • Argon Flame
    Argon Flame Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Best decision of mine was to skip PvE. Much improvement on time commitment
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tatercat wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

I've even had good luck joining Slice One at 3-4 hours after it starts. The last two times I've hit Top 10 (Punisher Max and Webbed Wonder) we're ones we're I didn't join until around that time (both were very grind intensive though).

I join S3 since that has the best end time for me. I almost always wait until the next day after it starts and join as fresh a bracket as I can. I'm really done with competing at PVE at a high level, I just want the progression awards and the Iso.