Well. I guess this is it then.

TheWerebison
TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I tried. I tried so hard. I used every. Single. Thing. I. Had.

61,340 points. 400k Deadpool points used. Did the best I could on the subs with the time allowed to me by daily life.

108th place.

I'm done. I can't do this anymore. I have never been so disappointed in my life. Well, in regards to video games, that is, let's be realistic.

There's a thread up now about "How will you remember Duck Season?" I guess I'll remember it as the point when I finally learned that MPQ is a game where you can do your best, spend countless hours, pour every bit of your being into achieving a goal...and still fail. You can put up a Herculean effort, and, except for a few, you will wind up with nothing but disappointment.

I get it now. And I'm done.

Thanks for the event, D3. I hope you enjoy the $20 I dropped in anticipation of adding a couple covers of a character I wanted. I wish I could take it back.

Congrats to the winners. Good luck to the hopeful few. I'm out.

Comments

• CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Wow you finished outside of T100 with 61k points? Where you in S4-vet?
  • TheWerebison

Probably. I've never been good at knowing those sorts of things, but it seems likely.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was in slice 4 had 74k points and was 42. The top player in my bracket had 86k points. This was an extremely Grindy bracket. Because there are only 3 subs and so many people wanted Howard the grinding was super real. Just remember the PVE will have a node that gives a free Howard token that you can still earn. If your alliance is not in top 100 61k points could probably let you merc for top 100 as well. You still have a couple hours left to get Howard.
  • hamsup_sotong
    hamsup_sotong Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    pm op

cheers
    hamsup
  • Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    At least you hit progression rewards. Top 50 for me and I couldn't even get 54000. Just 2k short. I swear they ramped down the points this event. I'm used to getting all progression easy.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Finished with 65750 and also in 108th place. Will just get Howard in Webbed Wonder. No biggie.
  • TheWerebison
    Finished with 65750 and also in 108th place. Will just get Howard in Webbed Wonder. No biggie.

*sigh*

Yeah. Probably just tired myself out from the ridiculous grinding that I NEVER normally do. Followed by the major disappointment.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor

Probably. I've never been good at knowing those sorts of things, but it seems likely.
    Sorry to hear that mate.quick tip (if u havent already quit)get yourself on line for next time.a fountain of mpq knowledge in some of those rooms with ppl only happy to share with you what they know.
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    Yep, I hit over 60k and also finished 108th. Didn't even notice that I slipped in the last hour despite playing. So demoralising and the first new character I've missed since Iceman.

I guess the whole 'Duck Season' thing actually worked in hyping people up, seemed much tougher to place this time.

I pulled Howard Blue from my second webbed wonder token today, but it doesn't make up for a wasted weekend
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was an endless grind, for sure. I did 63999, which put me in 57. I was in S2.

There should be some thing where if you work hard enough, you simply get it. By the morning, I had reached the 25 cp progression. But if I hadn't done one last endless grind before the end, I would have been in around 108th as well, which as you say completely invalidates the endless days and nights spent getting up to that point.

And then some people start a few hours before the end and bracket snipe their way to the top with much less than top progression points, which doesn't really seem fair to those of us who grind. Sure they miss out on ISO, but how nice to get the duck with only a few hours' work.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was 606 points short of 100th. I blame a combination of me screwing up the 48 hour sub event combined with me needing to work on the last day, so I had to do all my grinding 6 hours before the event ended.

Kills me that if I'd had another 10 minutes to do the two hardest nodes a couple more times I would have done it.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    condolences guys - at least it wasn't for the next iceman or hb. this guy will sit on rosters and collect dust with all the dinos out there.
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    TxMoose wrote:
    condolences guys - at least it wasn't for the next iceman or hb. this guy will sit on rosters and collect dust with all the dinos out there.

This is condolences from someone who finished in the top of the slice I was also in. Howard the Duck is not worth any of the efforts, nor will you be able to roster him without paying a premium (spend 1k of your hard earned money for a 0.3% chance per draw for a character that you have very small odds to get..
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess posting screens of me selling Howard after his DDQ might not go over too well with the 101+ crowd
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    I guess posting screens of me selling Howard after his DDQ might not go over too well with the 101+ crowd

His ddq just rewards a Howard cover. If the plan is to sell him, why even bother?

And condolences TC. That's a **** situation that I have experienced in the past. In future, you might be able to get better placement with the same amount of grinding by being more selective about joining a slice (the bracket threads on this forum are a great place to start).
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    I haven't seen many brackets as competitive as this one was. The top places were decided by things like:
    being 45 minutes late for a clear in the 3rd sub, starting the grind on the 2nd sub 30 minutes before another player, or over-clearing the repeatable node on the main map at the end of the first sub.

I know this isn't consolation, but there are players who scored over 85k in that event who still walked away a little disappointed; the margin for error in that event was vanishingly small.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Even though pumping enough hours into the event I still only reached 90% of the progression rewards. Which means I just fell short of the LT(25cp) reward. Again. In case you didn't know, some people have jobs too xD

So, yeah, 'Hey bro, nice you wasted so much time on this MPQ event, your reward is Jack Tinykitty'.

Sometimes I don't know why I even bother.

Psshhhh
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    They should add a single cover of the new character to high-end progression in these new release events. Replace the 25 CP if they're completely unwilling to add another reward.
  • Argon Flame
    Argon Flame Posts: 98 Match Maker
    I decided this week to quit playing PvE. Dropped out of my alliance. Might dabble in pvp and tick over ddq but realistically my time with MPQ is over.

Terrible customer relations.
    Terrible communications from developers.
    Terrible feelings within the player base.
  • My only major complaint is that I had over 10,000 more points than another person in my alliance yet he finished in the top 10 and I was 238th?

Overall his level of characters was very close to mine, it left me wondering why?