Are they really that proud of troll hulk?

20three
20three Posts: 371
edited April 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
It's been like 3 months now, find someone else. I feel so bad for ghost rider, he looks like he wants to get the hell out of there but never can...

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    We've had Quake, Green Goblin, Punisher and now Howard the Duck released since he came out. Probably more that I forgot. Was Spider Gwen and Nova after him? Think they were.

Either way, it's Duck Season. Why isn't the title reflecting that at least?
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    We've had Quake, Green Goblin, Punisher and now Howard the Duck released since he came out. Probably more that I forgot. Was Spider Gwen and Nova after him? Think they were.

Either way, it's Duck Season. Why isn't the title reflecting that at least?

Miles, Venom, Nova, Gwen, Quake, Punisher and Green Goblin I think.

I think this is a serious case of lack of interest :S
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    What? Don't you enjoy gazing upon Amadeus' Awesome Nipple?
  • gigatilburg29
    gigatilburg29 Posts: 88 Match Maker
    They just dont care
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Especially with him as an essential character recently. I got to play the loaner TA Hulk and could appreciate how truly awful he is. It look me almost the entire event to be able to cast Hot Dog Stand. That's playing him in the loaner node and the essentials node every 8 hours for the entire event. I could only cast it one time. And it doesn't even heal all that much.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    HaywireII wrote:
    Especially with him as an essential character recently. I got to play the loaner TA Hulk and could appreciate how truly awful he is. It look me almost the entire event to be able to cast Hot Dog Stand. That's playing him in the loaner node and the essentials node every 8 hours for the entire event. I could only cast it one time. And it doesn't even heal all that much.
    Dying, but at least he's not hungry...
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was super impressed that all the non-steam users had gotten a fun Christmas loading screen. I've been looking at this pile for an extra month!
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can see that Ghost Rider is desperately trying to get away. Unfortunately for him, his bike is being blocked by the 'Loading' symbol. icon_e_confused.gif
  • Camp Hulk is the image that will be forever burnt into my mind. Musing smugly to himself as he plots how to waste your AP or even how to stop you using it.
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    Capt Morgan Hulk needs to go! But it makes me want to drink rum and cokes!
  • ApocryphicV
    ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    When he was featured in his event, I had a lot of fun with him. I utilized Doom team ups to take all the blue off the board so I could always cast Hotdog Stand. Sometimes I was even able to cast it again very quickly (after his stun resolved) so he came out unscathed most of the time. I also paired him with Patch (respec with 3/5/5) so when he did stun himself, Patch had more tiles with his icon so his red did really good damage. Many times I would end up saving a lot of health packs.

He is not the greatest but people are just not thinking of ways to making him work for them.
  • OnyxSnake
    OnyxSnake Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Haven't cast hot dog stand once since I got him. I gave up trying
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Screen_Shot_2015-12-04_at_11.40.12_AM.0.png
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    When he was featured in his event, I had a lot of fun with him. I utilized Doom team ups to take all the blue off the board so I could always cast Hotdog Stand. Sometimes I was even able to cast it again very quickly (after his stun resolved) so he came out unscathed most of the time. I also paired him with Patch (respec with 3/5/5) so when he did stun himself, Patch had more tiles with his icon so his red did really good damage. Many times I would end up saving a lot of health packs.

He is not the greatest but people are just not thinking of ways to making him work for them.

So, you need 10 blue and 5 black to keep two characters healed and get the most of a 14 Ap move, and since you are using Doom's blue and TAH's black just to keep one character healed, the only additional thing all that hullabaloo brought to your team is TAH's green, which is absolutely mediocre. Now replace TAH with Daken and you have a character that self-heals without hopping through loops and you still retain maximum efficiency for Best There Is while getting to use Doom's black. Better yet, replace Doom with X-Pool and Respec Patch to 5/3/5 and now you have 3 self-healing characters, and even better red power than BTI.

The thing about TAH is that you can try to think how to make him work and yet, the best that you can possibly come up with is terrible in comparison to almost anything else you could come up with. The combo you mention would kind of make sense if he were a 3*. The fact that he's a 4* means that if you replaced him with any other 4*, you would do better.

Now that's an idea. If devs are feeling too lazy to fix TAH, they could just downgrade him to a 3*. Maybe reduce his HP somewhat, but leave everything else the same. He'd still be mediocre but would have a place in a developing roster.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Better yet, replace Doom with X-Pool and Respec Patch to 5/3/5 and now you have 3 self-healing characters, and even better red power than BTI.

Oh Patch and Xpool work so well together, dude. It's the next stage up from Hulk/Patch, throw down the green strike tiles and let patch tank so Xpool can lay down the countdown timers. One of the few times you kinda want an AI cascade.

But yeah, TAH has his uses, but he's eclipsed by just about every other character, and not just in 4* land either. There are a bunch of 3*s that are a better choice, even after the nerf.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    What? Don't you enjoy gazing upon Amadeus' Awesome Nipple?

Amadeus' Armpit Areola
  • ApocryphicV
    ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Pylgrim wrote:

So, you need 10 blue and 5 black to keep two characters healed and get the most of a 14 Ap move, and since you are using Doom's blue and TAH's black just to keep one character healed, the only additional thing all that hullabaloo brought to your team is TAH's green, which is absolutely mediocre. Now replace TAH with Daken and you have a character that self-heals without hopping through loops and you still retain maximum efficiency for Best There Is while getting to use Doom's black. Better yet, replace Doom with X-Pool and Respec Patch to 5/3/5 and now you have 3 self-healing characters, and even better red power than BTI.

You don't need 10 blue, I was using a Doom team up. As I stated this was during his featured event, a heroic where the roster was restricted and I could not use Daken, Doom or X-Pool. Because I was given limited options I made it work. Also TAH's green is not mediocre, It allows you to choose where to destroy tiles and when you have a tons of blue, its does a very decent amount of damage as well.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    He is one of the worst (if not the worst) character in the game especially since he's a 4*. We should get a reroll/refund of our CP or LT if we pull his covers. Having him featured on the loading screen should be an embarassment to the devs. He should go the way of Bagman and Devil Dino where it comes to cover pulls.

Even when he was featured, he was such a useless character in the loaner node. It was Colossus and tiny Thor who won the match. Chulk was just a meat shield.
  • bbf2
    bbf2 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Oldboy wrote:
    He is one of the worst (if not the worst) character in the game especially since he's a 4*. We should get a reroll/refund of our CP or LT if we pull his covers. Having him featured on the loading screen should be an embarassment to the devs. He should go the way of Bagman and Devil Dino where it comes to cover pulls.

Even when he was featured, he was such a useless character in the loaner node. It was Colossus and tiny Thor who won the match. Chulk was just a meat shield.

That loaner node was seriously ridiculous. You know there's a problem with a four-star when you mostly rely on the two-star to win that loaner node. And I only used Colossus for his black to give me a free roll of one of **Thor's powers, hoping for Call the Storm.

In almost every other loaner node, the four star destroy everyone easily. Even in the current event, the much-maligned Starlord can one-shot any of the enemies with his purple or red going off. Cho is so awful that he is several levels below even Starlord.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    HaywireII wrote:

You're not supposed to use Hot Dog Stand as a heal. You're supposed to use it to generate blue tiles when they're sparse. Then you match those and spend them to make charged blue tiles. Then you match those (hoping your opponent doesn't steal them) for one. green. nuke.

Indeed he is awful, but in a much more conniving way than you think. He is still Amadeus Cho under all that Hulk. He understands levels of sucking you cannot even begin to comprehend.
This discussion has been closed.