Crash of the Titans Cycle 2: Ghost Rider

Options

Comments

• madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    lvl 111 3/1/5 GR. Made it with 50% B/G, 50% R/y, +2 B/G. A 10K+ Penance Stare helps.

I'm currently hoarding all CP and LTs until I have more of my 4*s lvld and 3* champed.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Got lucky with my 0/2/3 127

I just hoarded black and matched away what countdown tiles I could until I was a turn away from dying and then let loose enough stares to just barely take him down.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tried it once at level 78 for a laugh. Didn't work out. Will pump some ISO into him and retry soon.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:
    Only had 1 red cover last time but now he's 4/5/3 at lvl 180 (probably more by that day) so I think I've got a pretty decent shot. A lot of people in the previous thread were able to do it with low Black levels as long you you boosted and managed countdowns (or got lucky with countdowns, I should say.)

Beat it my first try, with rainbow boosts and some extra G/B, all of which I probably didn't need. Got lucky with the board and kept most of his tiles from going off. Got off a greenflag.png and a redflag.png early, got another greenflag.png and then finished off with his blackflag.png

Got a yellowflag.pngicon_thor.png , so Janey's got her 272 champ level.
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    Options
    4/4/4 lvl 168, probably the simplest fight yet except for maybe RHulk. Nice to have a gimme for once! Didn't' manage this last time with 1/2/0.

Pulled ANOTHER icon_x23.pngredflag.png but at least this time I'm about 50k away from championing - I've now pulled (6/5/8) for her since her release
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This was an easy match for my 5/5/3 lvl 170 GR. Won it on my first attempt, no boosts. I was lucky that the first 5 CD's were placed on easy matches, two of which fueled Red and Green for me. Those two skills brought Galactus down to about 7k. With Penance Stare doing 6k and my Red CD going off the next turn, I won with about 55% health left.

Got a greenflag.pngicon_spiderman.png My first 5* Spider-Man cover.
  • Banjo
    Banjo Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Finally managed it, boosted all damage and red/yellow/blue/purple and just got extremely lucky with being able to match away cooldowns. Had just over 1k health left at the end.

My reward? My 6th purple Miles cover...
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Got it first try at level 144, 1/2/4. Used AP boosts (rainbow, g/b) and damage boost, though might not have needed them.

Focused on matching the countdown tiles and got a fairly lucky board. Got off red twice and green once, and just waited until Galactus' hp was low enough for me to one-shot him with black.

Got blackflag.pngicon_carnage.png to bring him to 1/3/4. This will probably be my last Clash of Titans win for this round, but I'm already pretty happy with how much better I did this cycle vs the first.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    1/2/0, seems fairly rough at that level especially with no black. Any suggestions for boosts?
  • motownjunkie
    motownjunkie Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    First try with my 3/2/2 level 147 icon_ghostrider.png I got him down to 65 health, grrrr. Second time was an unlucky board but third time was relatively straightforward, got luckier with the countdown placement and used two Penance Stares to down him.

Got a blueflag.pngicon_nickfury.png from the legendary - have respecced him to 5/4/4.
  • t4ng
    t4ng Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Managed this at level 106 with 0/2/2 by the skin of my teeth. Boost damage, deny his countdowns whenever possible and save your penance stare(s) until the very end. Red rhulk for my troubles =)
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    my lvl 140 GR had no issues at all

My lvl 140 GR also had no issues. I leveled him up for this event. Also he has 5 blackflag.png , which is helpful to finish the match, and his redflag.png and greenflag.png are high enough to do decent damage. So yeah, it was pretty straightforward.

I couldn't do it last time, because he had just been released.

So far, I've won every ddq in cycle 2! It gives me a certain pride, even though I mostly just win non-5*s... this time, I won a prof x who I sold because he's already fully covered, but nowhere near champion levels. Give me a few more weeks of iso gathering, and I'll be ready to champ another 4*!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    level 94. 4/5/4. first try. red did most of the damage since I got some early. black ended up not doing too much, but I did finish with it at around 3K damage.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1/2/4 GR here. Spent about 10k iso to raise him to 110.

Took five tries. Only boosted black/green match damage (and probably didn't even need to do that). Just a matter of waiting for a board that let me collect 24 black and match enough countdowns to stay alive.

With 6.5k health, using pennance stare when almost dead does about 9k damage for me. So 2 casts plus match damage is certain victory.

Xpool redflag.png for my troubles (adds a champion level, so useful but not a top priority as I still need jg/iceman covers desperately)
  • Rojas66
    Rojas66 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    Got it on second try with 3/1/3 lvl 131 and boosted G/B AP. The favorable board got me a couple of match 5's before Galactus could even hit me with anything. Won it easily with 2 Death Stares to finish him off.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    2/2/2 @127lvl - win at first time without any problem (with boosts used)

Reward:
    purpleflag.pngicon_kingpin.png
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First try with a 2/4/5 lvl 180. I was in a hurry, so I just threw g/b, r/y AP and 100% damage boosts at it. Once I got to 12 black, it was just a ticking clock until G did enough damage.

icon_spidergwen.pngyellowflag.png with the token.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got it first try with my 140 5/3/2 Rider. Pumped +2 R/Y, G/B, All AP and took him down pretty easily.

LT banked.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Didn't try last time. 3/3/3 172 beat it first try this time (needed to do the black ability x2 at the end of the match).

Looks like Howard will be the first DDQ 4* that I'll fail this rotation.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also surprised how easy this was, second try using 1/3/2 @ 131 (would've gotten him on my first try if I hadn't been a moron). I was able to spit out punch tiles while collecting black, which I only ever was able to cast once per match before my health got too low to survive another turn.

Green Goblin yellow was my reward.
This discussion has been closed.