MPQ Now Available On The Amazon Appstore!

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited August 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi everyone,

We're very pleased to announce that Marvel Puzzle Quest is now available on the Amazon Appstore! Fire owners will want to grab a download and tell their friends. Here's a few choice paragraphs from today's press release:
    "D3 Go! and Marvel Entertainment today announced
Marvel Puzzle Quest, the acclaimed puzzle role-playing game (RPG) is now available worldwide for free on the Amazon Appstore. Players can immediately tap into various story events and player-versus-player (PVP) tournaments to earn and strengthen their favorite Marvel characters.

'We are super excited to heed the requests from our community by being able to launch the game on the Amazon Appstore today,' said Peter Andrew, vice president of publishing at D3 Go!. 'We will be supporting the launch with additional game content, characters and special events across all platforms of the game to offer the most fun and immersive puzzle-rpg experience for all of our players.'"

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    All those who bought those $50 tablets when they were on sale, are now able to play!
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    What is this "Additional content, characters and events"?
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Glad to hear this. The main thing I learned buying a Fire is that everyone and his uncle uses the Google App store....

(Yes, there are ways around that. But if the app uses the Google API for communications, you can't work around THAT, and that was the case with the android MPQ until now.)
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just a minor point, but they only use the Fire name for their tablets and not Kindle.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    All those who bought those $50 tablets when they were on sale, are now able to play!

$50? Us in England always get ripped. £50 plus £10 to disable ads works out to $84. I got three, one each for my children. My son will be happy he can have his own account, unhappy he will never get his favourite characters that he likes to play with like he does on my account. His play time is getting less now the Prologue nodes are locking up. Down to about a dozen in the final chapter.

@DaveR4470 Loads of tutorials on installing Google framework to the Fire so you can still make IAP's and use the full Play store, just have to be willing to root your device.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Crowl wrote:
    Just a minor point, but they only use the Fire name for their tablets and not Kindle.

Hmm. You have a point. I have a Fire tablet and just think of it as a Kindle. I'll change it for clarity. Thanks.
  • DaveR4470
    It's the Kindle Fire, to be super technical.

Which you can also do with a match or a lit cigarette, but you can play MPQ on neither of those devices.... icon_e_ugeek.gif
  • DaveR4470
    Linkster79 wrote:
    @DaveR4470 Loads of tutorials on installing Google framework to the Fire so you can still make IAP's and use the full Play store, just have to be willing to root your device.

I did not know that! Thanks for the tip!
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will this new fancy Fire version sync with preexisting Facebook linked accounts, or is this a whole new separate thing like the console versions?
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    pheregas wrote:
    Will this new fancy Fire version sync with preexisting Facebook linked accounts, or is this a whole new separate thing like the console versions?

This is the regular mobile version and should sync to Facebook saves.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I'm going to test it out on my first gen Fire HD. A lot of games not compatible w/ this older device (Hearthstone, Puzzles and Dragons, etc.).
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    DaveR4470 wrote:

Look on their site, they don't actually use the word Kindle for their tablets anymore.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Just got a Fire for Christmas, so this is very welcomed news!
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    YAY!

(And I sometimes call mine a Fire, and sometimes a Kindle. Who cares, in the long run?)
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Question - I just downloaded the game to my Fire. How can I get my FB save onto that device? I don't want to use the backup function, as I'm afraid it will overwrite my current one.
  • DaveR4470
    Crowl wrote:
    DaveR4470 wrote:

Look on their site, they don't actually use the word Kindle for their tablets anymore.

By gum, you're right. Mea culpa!
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Nightglider,
    You just choose the sync with Facebook option.
    That warning message about only 1 game can be synched is just (I think) telling you that you can only have 1 game saved on your current device and it is going to overwrite the little progress you made doing the tutorial.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Just ran a test on installing it on my G1 Kindle Fire (maybe G2, but from before the Fire HD release).
    Game installed icon_e_biggrin.gif and I was able to load my game from Facebook.
    At this point I have not run any matches on it to see if the games feels slower on this old device, or if it all comes crashing down on the first cascade.
    So even if you have an old Kindle like me, you may be in luck.
    I'll report back after I get some serious play in on it.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Works for me on 1st Generation Fire HD (2012)... but it's pretty laggy with the old; Dual Core 1.2 GHz

Anyone using current quad-core 1.2GHz architecture?
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    So I see Best Buy has an Amazon Fire - 7" Tablet - Fire OS 5, Quad-core 1.3GHz processor with 1GB of RAM, for $50. Never used one, is it worth it?