So who will be MPQs 100th character?

2»

Comments

• justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    TxMoose wrote:
    they could go with a word-play - 100 is the century mark. sentry is pronounced the same as century. 4* lazy sentry coming up...better have a healer on the team.

"Lazy" Sentry? I don't get it.
    Currently there are 4 (if I'm not forgetting any) characters in the 3* tier that have the exact same powers as their counterparts in the 2* tier, just buffed way up.

Thor
    Daken
    Human Torch
    Captain America

They are often referred to as Lazy, as in "the developers were lazy when coming up with these 'new' characters so they just recycled the old powers."

So a lazy 4* Sentry would have the exact same powers as the current 3* Sentry, just way more powerful.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    TxMoose wrote:
    they could go with a word-play - 100 is the century mark. sentry is pronounced the same as century. 4* lazy sentry coming up...better have a healer on the team.

"Lazy" Sentry? I don't get it.
    Currently there are 4 (if I'm not forgetting any) characters in the 3* tier that have the exact same powers as their counterparts in the 2* tier, just buffed way up.

Thor
    Daken
    Human Torch
    Captain America

They are often referred to as Lazy, as in "the developers were lazy when coming up with these 'new' characters so they just recycled the old powers."

So a lazy 4* Sentry would have the exact same powers as the current 3* Sentry, just way more powerful.

Don't forget 3* Storm, whose the sole Lazy version of a 1* character. Mohawk sounds cooler, so everyone calls her that, but she's guilty of it too.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    My first guess would a wolverine or spiderman variant.

Though I'd really wish for archangel to complete the original X Men. Just in time for the new movie coming out soon. Maybe make it an Apocalypse based event.

Other choices would Winsted Soldier, a new Iron Man (movie or classic), War Machine, Sabretooth, Abomination, and Man Thing.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    My guess is 5* Captain America
  • kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Captain Universe?

010+captain+universe.jpg
  • cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    800px-Usdollar100front.jpg
  • SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Pylgrim wrote:
    My guess is 5* Captain America
    I would joke about getting an Old Man Steve Rogers character, but apparently in the comics he already managed to get young again icon_rolleyes.gif
  • cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    cardoor wrote:
    800px-Usdollar100front.jpg

You jest, but Mr. Franklin has indeed appeared several times as a Marvel character .... in some rather bawdy and bizarre plotlines .... in his own time in the company of Dr. Strange and, a couple centuries later, hanging with Deadpool!
      ________________________ "While Dr. Strange and Clea were traveling through time to study America's occult history they made the acquaintance of Benjamin Franklin. Dr. Strange left Clea with Franklin as he went to fight Stygyro. During this time, Franklin seduced Clea into having sexual intercourse with him.[2] When Dr. Strange returned to retrieve Clea, the two announced that they were engaged. Dr. Strange promptly used his powers to destroy Franklin, explaining that the real Benjamin Franklin was at the Second Continental Congress and that the person she slept with was really the wizard Stygyro in disguise. Eventually, the real Benjamin Franklin returned to bid them farewell, especially Clea."
    http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2010/06/24/the-abandoned-an’-forsaked-1/

"Franklin encountered Captain America who was being sent through time by Mister Buda. His costume inspired him and Betsy Ross to design the first US flag."

IMG_7523.jpg

"Centuries later, Franklin returned as a ghost to assist Deadpool on his mission to kill the newly resurrected zombie presidents."

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Benjamin_F ... (Earth-616)

... sounds like an awesome plot line for a new PVE ... a sequel to Deadpool vs. !
    h0dWBU8.jpgtumblr_nmip9muBVy1rlg7clo1_400.pngtumblr_moqnwzkJ9J1rsus6so1_500.jpg

I remember his famous kite scene showing up in a comic too. It would have been in the style of the cap comic you posted, so around that time, but the memory is too vague to pinpoint... but is what prompted the BF post.

Edit: might have been this ad
    Screen+shot+2010-09-20+at+5.47.00+AM.png