Patch Notes - R98 (04/11/16)

13»

Comments

• Magnetorules
    Magnetorules Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    mega ghost wrote:
    So this time it could be anyone, with Civil War characters released on the 21st and 5th. However, Winter Soldier(Bucky), would not surprise me.

I agree with this logic, we're probably getting two Civil War characters in a row. If I had to put my money on it, this one is Baron Zemo (it could be Crossbones as others have mentioned, but Zemo seems like a much more interesting choice), followed by Bucky Barnes (The Winter Soldier.) After that we're probably due for another 5-star. Timing-wise with the upcoming X-Men movie, Apocalypse would be a perfect fit. I could also see some more 4-stars following this that fit in thematically, including a 4-star Psylocke (Uncanny X-Force), Archangel, and Nightcrawler.

Apocalypse would be awesome!
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    mega ghost wrote:
    So this time it could be anyone, with Civil War characters released on the 21st and 5th. However, Winter Soldier(Bucky), would not surprise me.

I agree with this logic, we're probably getting two Civil War characters in a row. If I had to put my money on it, this one is Baron Zemo (it could be Crossbones as others have mentioned, but Zemo seems like a much more interesting choice), followed by Bucky Barnes (The Winter Soldier.) After that we're probably due for another 5-star. Timing-wise with the upcoming X-Men movie, Apocalypse would be a perfect fit. I could also see some more 4-stars following this that fit in thematically, including a 4-star Psylocke (Uncanny X-Force), Archangel, and Nightcrawler.

I think Apocalypse would be more of a boss fight and I'm not sure about new characters associated with that movie release since it's not from Disney Marvel. They didn't do a new character for Deadpool a couple months ago, just lined up an appropriate regular event and a special PVP.
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]R98!

Revenge – the great motivator.

I just figured it out.
    It's Aunt May.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Starsaber wrote:
    I think Apocalypse would be more of a boss fight and I'm not sure about new characters associated with that movie release since it's not from Disney Marvel. They didn't do a new character for Deadpool a couple months ago, just lined up an appropriate regular event and a special PVP.

I want to agree, properties that Disney/Marvel own will definitely get weight and promotion, but when Deadpool came out we already had a 3-star and 4-star Deadpool and a 3-star Colossus in the game, and Negasonic Teenage Warhead wasn't exactly a bread and butter character they needed an excuse to release. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we get an unceremonious release of Mr. Fantastic and Thing around the time of the 'Fantastic Four' movie? This is why I can see Apocalypse getting released as a character and not as part of a boss event.... i.e. he belongs in the game, but no one is going to roll out the red carpet in support of a property they can't optimally bank on. We got Green Goblin as a 5-star, Silver Surfer as a 5-star, Jean Grey (Phoenix) as a 5-star, and Wolverine as a 5-star, and none of those properties belong to Disney/Marvel in the cinematic universe, and none got events around them.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    And the only other 5-star is black suit Spider-Man, who is just barely now part of the MCU due to Sony's bad luck/karma.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    mega ghost wrote:
    And the only other 5-star is black suit Spider-Man, who is just barely now part of the MCU due to Sony's bad luck/karma.

Technically, Norman/Goblin is capable of being in the MCU just like Peter/Spidey is. The only reason he isn't is because they've specifically chosen to start of this Spidey with a villian no one has used before. The deal works both ways with all the Spider-Man characters. IIRC, they can use them in Marvel movies, and Sony can use Avengers characters in the co-produced Spider-Man movies (they've already said that one is showing up in the Spidey movie coming out next year).