Patch Notes - R98 (04/11/16)

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie wrote:
    Did a quick google search for marvel character motivated by revenge and Jessica Jones came up...
    Oh! But she doesn't have a new season starting, does she?
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    Pongie wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Revenge – the great motivator.

Drax?

I would think he would be saved for a GotG2 tie in.

My guess would be Winter Solider for the Civil War tie in.

The timing makes me agree, winter soldier incoming

Or possibly Crossbones:

http://screenrant.com/captain-america-3 ... nk-grillo/
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Archangel, plx.
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    5* Iron Man?

Civil War tie in, looking for revenge against Bucky for killing Stark's parents.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Revenge - great motivator

Well, there is Civil War and Xmen Apocalypse coming out soon(ish). May 6th and May 27th.

Netflix is currently working on Jessica Jones s2, release date pushed back and unknown but expected late this fall or early winter, Iron Fist, expected this fall, and Luke Cage on Sept. 30th. So we can pretty much rule those out for a while.

Whoever it is won't show up until two weeks after Howard, (keeping with the bi-weekly release schedule), which puts it at, or close to, the end of April. About April 21st. Then another character on or about May 5th, day before Civil War release.

So this time it could be anyone, with Civil War characters released on the 21st and 5th. However, Winter Soldier(Bucky), would not surprise me.

JJ
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    The clue could be incredibly literal if it is
    latest?cb=20061017200943
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cassandra Nova or any member of the Revengers.
    Or another Wolverine clone. Or Sabertooth. Or Lady Deathstryke. Or pretty much anyone with claws except Laura.
    Omega red.
    Red Skull. Sin. Odin's brother. Odin's Father. Loki. Surtur. That Ice Troll king. Malethingy of the Dark Elves. Pretty much anyone Thor left a hammer imprint on really.
    Any failed attempt at creating a super soldier before or after cap. That includes Nuke, Nomad and D-Man
    Hulk. Anything that was created to fight Hulk. Bruce banner when he ws separated from the Hulk.
    Bastion.
    Bishop. Bishop again. Bishop again again. Because seriously he just doesn't stop trying to shoot people he blames.
    Black Cat, Rhino, Kraven.
    Moon Night.
    Black Panther. Namor.
    The newer, more murderous squadron supreme.
    Magneto.
    The guy in charge of the mole men.
    Ultron.
    Any surviving Skrull not a member of the New Avengers.
    Stryfe (oh please let it be stryfe)
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]What’s Changed
    -Fixed an issue where abilities that steal AP were not stealing Yellow AP.
    so....hood can't steal yellow for the hunt? when does R98 hit?
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    First thing i thought of was Ghost Rider but another one so soon? 2nd was Punisher but see first... Emily Thorne still a thing?
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

I got it guys, it's The Avengers.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Definitely Moon Boy. Who wouldn't be mad for having your only appearance in this game removed after last month?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    MV5BODU1NzM4NTA4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTkxMzcxMTE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    I don't care who the new character is as long as this patch does something about the ridiculous server lag!!!
  • A couple of revenge driven characters I'd like to see are Worldbreaker Hulk (even though I think he deserves to be a 5*) and Namor
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    vesonator wrote:
    A couple of revenge driven characters I'd like to see are Worldbreaker Hulk (even though I think he deserves to be a 5*) and Namor
    I Think we are due for Another 5* soon, so it may in fact be Worldbreaker. Would be pretty neat.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]What’s Changed
    -Fixed an issue where abilities that steal AP were not stealing Yellow AP.
    so....hood can't steal yellow for the hunt? when does R98 hit?
    Monday, if past patterns continue.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    According to 3 Inches of Blood, it's The Vulture...
    https://youtu.be/hAcaK1cc8rU
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will the patch hit just in time to deliver a bug and interrupt the last day of the new release of Howard the Duck?
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    *sigh*
    Still Chulk.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    So this time it could be anyone, with Civil War characters released on the 21st and 5th. However, Winter Soldier(Bucky), would not surprise me.

I agree with this logic, we're probably getting two Civil War characters in a row. If I had to put my money on it, this one is Baron Zemo (it could be Crossbones as others have mentioned, but Zemo seems like a much more interesting choice), followed by Bucky Barnes (The Winter Soldier.) After that we're probably due for another 5-star. Timing-wise with the upcoming X-Men movie, Apocalypse would be a perfect fit. I could also see some more 4-stars following this that fit in thematically, including a 4-star Psylocke (Uncanny X-Force), Archangel, and Nightcrawler.