**** Howard the Duck (Howard, A Duck) ****

Cthulhu
Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
edited August 2016 in Character Details
Howard The Duck (Howard, A Duck) howard_icon.png
4 Star Rarity (Legendary) Wiki Link
At Max Level: HP: 13034 Tile Damage: 12/11/74/65/83/13/3.0x
    The Quack-Fu One-Two - 8 greentile.png AP
    Oh, I’m sorry, you’re messing with a MASTER OF QUACK-FU? Then prepare to explain the webbed foot prints on your face to everyone in your office on Monday! Deals 9 damage for each Green tile on the board, then destroys those tiles (Does not generate AP).
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Deals 23 damage for every green tile on the board, then destroys those tiles. Level 3: Deals 41 damage for every green tile on the board, then destroys those tiles. Level 4: Deals 77 damage for every green tile on the board, then destroys those tiles. Level 5: Deals 144 damage for every green tile on the board, then destroys those tiles.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Deals 83 damage for every green tile on the board, then destroys those tiles. Level 4: Deals 153 damage for every green tile on the board, then destroys those tiles. Level 5: Deals 288 damage for every green tile on the board, then destroys those tiles.

Bill of Rights - 10 bluetile.png AP
    Howard has GRIEVANCES and RIGHTS and he lets his opponents know allllll about them! Waugh! So much so that they eventually fall asleep, knocked-out by his never-ending yak attack. Converts up to 2 random enemy Strike, Protect or Attack tiles to basic tiles, and stuns the target for 1 turn.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Converts 3 random enemy Strike, Protect or Attack tiles to basic tiles and stuns for 1 turn. Level 3: Converts 3 random enemy Strike, Protect or Attack tiles and stuns target for 2 turns. Level 4: Converts 3 random enemy Strike, Protect, Attack, invisibility, or countdown tiles and stuns target for 2 turns. Level 5: Converts 5 random enemy Strike, Protect, Attack, invisibility, or countdown tiles and stuns target for 3 turns.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Converts 3 random enemy Strike, Protect or Attack tiles and stuns target for 2 turns. Level 4: Converts 3 random enemy Strike, Protect, Attack, invisibility, or countdown tiles and stuns target for 2 turns. Level 5: Converts 5 random enemy Strike, Protect or Attack tiles and stuns target for 3 turns.

Duck, Duck, Loose! - 12 purpletile.png AP
    When Howard gathers local ducks to the scene, it’s almost impossible to find him! Is he the one with the longer bill? the one with the green head? The one with the suit and tie? Creates 3 invisibility tiles targeting Howard. At the start of your turn, deal 28 damage for each Duck, Duck, Loose! tile on the board.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Creates 3 invisibility tiles and deals 61 damage for each
    Duck, Duck, Loose! tile on the board.
    Level 3: Creates 4 invisibility tiles and deals 65 damage for each Duck, Duck, Loose! tile on the board.
    Level 4: Creates 4 invisibility tiles and deals 115 damage for each Duck, Duck, Loose! tile on the board.
    Level 5: Creates 5 invisibility tiles and deals 166 damage for each Duck, Duck, Loose! tile on the board.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Creates 4 invisibility tiles and deals 125 damage for each
    Duck, Duck, Loose! tile on the board.
    Level 4: Creates 4 invisibility tiles and deals 221 damage for each Duck, Duck, Loose! tile on the board.
    Level 5: Creates 5 invisibility tiles and deals 320 damage for each Duck, Duck, Loose! tile on the board.

Comments

• RBwilliams07
      RBwilliams07 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
      edited April 2016
      kgvfldgfdhf.jpg

Unless it is an April Fool's prank this would be Howard the Duck. His blue matches up with the blue skill Bill of Rights shown in his character picture.
    • TxMoose
      TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
      juggernaut heroic release would be fitting....
    • an1979
      an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
      TxMoose wrote:
      juggernaut heroic release would be fitting....
      Nah he fits perfectly where he is now - The Big Enchilada
      Easy pickings for 2* rosters icon_e_wink.gif
      an1979 wrote:
      Under The Ocean
      Bag-Man, Yelena, The Horror, The Horror
      Star-Lord, Inv. Woman (Bag-Lady), Fertilizer Hulk (Totally Awesome), The Devil Dino

TBE
      Carnage, Venom, Horror
      Red Hulk,4* Jean Gray, Iron Man (Hulkbuster)
      Old Man Logan, 5*Jean Gray, Green Goblin (Norman Osborn)
      Galactus, Ultron, Howard The Duck
      April 1st you f00ls icon_lol.gif
    • Cthulhu
    • Quebbster
      Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
      Will we get Conan (The Librarian) eventually?
      Also, why is the Blue power not named See Them Driven Before You?
    • Cthulhu
      Had to get Crom in there somewhere, and it makes sense that he prays to Crom to get rid of evil magic, since he is all about cutting people to pieces.
    • There has been a Marvel Comics' Conan the Barbarian Comic.

Also, Red Sonja has crossed paths with Spiderman and Elektra if I am remembering things correctly.
    • Fairly certain naming this Conan and giving power names is th April Fools here. It's Howard.
    • ZeiramMR
      ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
      Especially with who wrote Conan (Robert E. HOWARD).
    • TLCstormz
      TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
      CONAN = THE BOSS!!!
    • prancerosner
      prancerosner Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
      I would love to see Conan in MPQ.
    • ErikPeter
      ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
      Dunno about you, but I'd love to have 97 Million ISO. Howard the Duck should be an April Fool's Joke. ;P
    • Thanos
      Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
      When can we get his full stats?
    • FierceKiwi
      FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
      4 days after it goes live icon_lol.gif
    • arcath
      arcath Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
      Oh I want to believe...

::checks the date::

Nope...
    • DAC169
      DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
      Duck, Duck, Loose is the power that not only brings the humor, but it also brings the devastation. For 12 Purple AP, Howard creates invisibility tiles that deal damage every turn for each Duck, Duck, Loose tile on the board. With a Level 270 Howard and five Duck, Duck, Loose covers that’s five tiles that cause 1713 damage every turn per tile!
      This GREATLY concerns me. It says it not ONCE, but TWICE, so it can't be a typo. EACH TILE does damage for EACH TILE that's out? That's not linear damage scaling, that's exponential!
      EXAMPLE wrote:
      We'll say that each tile does 1000 damage for each tile that's out. How much total damage does it do if there's how many tiles out?
      1. 1000 total damage
      2. 4000 total damage
      3. 9000 total damage
      4. 16000 total damage
      5. 25000 total damage
      And let's not forget, that's EVERY TURN. And someone could save up to cast it TWICE in a turn. Not even max champed 5*s are gonna live through this skill.
    • OzarkBoatswain
      OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
      I think it's a case of MPQ writers not knowing how English works.
    • kyo28
      kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
      Seriously guys, this is an April Fool's joke, right? There are so many unused cool Marvel characters and instead they choose to put Howard the Duck in the game?

Must be a joke, right?

Right?!?
    • zodiac339
      zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
      kyo28 wrote:
      Seriously guys, this is an April Fool's joke, right? There are so many unused cool Marvel characters and instead they choose to put Howard the Duck in the game?

Must be a joke, right?

Right?!?
      Here are other things to consider when trying to assure yourself that Howard A. Duck is a prank.
      1. Bagman is in the game.
      2. Devil Dinosaur is only available once per year. (I don't consider him entirely in-viable. Red and Green are decent for cost)
      3. Squirrel Girl is actually viable (and seriously, use her to one-shot Carnage with her purple. It feels soooooo good).
      4. Bagman exists as a character and is in the game.
      5. Totally Awesome Hulk was deemed so special by developers that he got his own release event, and is voted below Invisible Woman as the absolute worst Legendary.
      6. Bagman exists because his black suit was trying to control him and made him more aggressive than he could handle. Then he put another black suit on and became Epic power. And Bagman still exists.
      7. They think the PVE changes they're testing are fun.
      8. Did you know you can get a critical boost reward by completing PVE missions!?
      9. Matchmaking against maxed out, boosted Legendaries when you have nothing vaguely that good. (sorry, is that one just my problem?)
      10. Actually, I did take out Champion Hulkbuster and Jean Grey with Black Widow (180) and Black Panther (174) during Let's Be Frank. Okay, they weren't boosted, but maybe it's possible to lean on those rares a little more. So, ignore 9 and 10 I guess?
    • ErikPeter
      ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
      OK, So Howard is pretty interesting from a meta-mechanic view. His Purple is insanely strong, but only really at max. And he's a limited character, so presumably people are going to get through Duck Week with only a few covers (or more, I guess, depending on his special drop rates, but I think we can assume they'll be a lot lower than Devil Dino's were--and now I'm wishing I'd taken advantage of last week's sale, just in case).
      I could be wrong, maybe they'll give his covers away like crazy (apparently one is at least guaranteed just for doing the event), but I doubt it. So we get a character that can be very strong when maxed, but only to those players who are willing to level him with CP--so maybe you're lucky and have a 1/1/2 after the event, you will still need to spend 360 CP getting his purple to max. That's a huge commitment, (plus the 480 more CP you'd need to max him) and so only the top tier players will be able to field Howard effectively.

Honestly I'm pretty much ok with that. A maxed Howard would be a trophy of insane commitment to the game, so he'd damn well better be usable. (And then they'd better give us a 5* that can shred the board to deal with those invisibility tiles.)