MPQ Sneak Peek: April 2016 Edition*Updated (04/26/16)

Options

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nice, Iron Man, Kamala Khan and Ragnarok are all one cover away from giving covers for fourstar champions. This should be a fun week.
    Tempted to try Nova/Iron Fist if I max Nova this week...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Nice, Iron Man, Kamala Khan and Ragnarok are all one cover away from giving covers for fourstar champions. This should be a fun week.
    Tempted to try Nova/Iron Fist if I max Nova this week...
    that sounds nasty. my x23 is one of my next projects and I can see her and nova being great too.

man i'll miss using im40. looks like hb and cycle through ice/jean/rulk depending on opponents. maybe fist or xpool here or there.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    *(04/12/16) Hi-Fi - Added link to sneak peek precis for our next character: **** Unknown (Coming Soon) ****
  • NickHewitt12
    NickHewitt12 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hey David, will the new character be offered during the run of Prodigal Sun with the PVE test changes, or the event after?
  • djvkool
    djvkool Posts: 47
    Options
    IF/Cage/CMags - all boosted, GREAT Stuff!!! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey David, will the new character be offered during the run of Prodigal Sun with the PVE test changes, or the event after?
    New character releases are almost never 7-day PvEs (Totally Awesome Hulk was the latest exception), so I expect this new character to be released in the PvE after PS.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    *(04/14/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus events.

Still awaiting finalization and confirmation for Buffs & DPD, etc. Will post additional details when they are ready.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sheesh. falcon pvp with a ton of tile makers boosted. yuck. slow and painful. any chance the cd interaction between opposing falcons is being looked at?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    sheesh. falcon pvp with a ton of tile makers boosted. yuck. slow and painful. any chance the cd interaction between opposing falcons is being looked at?
    I need to champ my Falcon so I can take away that last blue cover so he isn't helping out the AI Falcon.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    *(04/15/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Deadpool's Dailies, Weekly Buffs & PVE events.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I expect a new character in Deadpool VS MPQ
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,087 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    I expect a new character in Deadpool VS MPQ

yea probally i was hoping they would not done anymore new people and ran an new event for the civil war and ran back to back...

one event you side with capt another event you side with iron

highly doubt they would release 3 new people back to back to back
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:

I actually expect exactly that to happen as it was what they did with Avengers 2. That said, that will not happen until May. DPvsDDQ's character release will be the normal second April release.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:

I refer you, sir or madam, to March - April 2015 (you were around back then, right slidecage?). I believe the release schedule went Kamala Khan --> prof. X --> kingpin (daredevil tie-in) --> quicksilver (avenger 2 tie-in) --> scarlet witch (ultron 1) --> imhb (ultron 2) --> vision. I might have the exact order wrong, but all these characters were released in about 8 weeks.

That was also around the same time as the 4*thor/xfw nerf and the health shift. So people were really pissed. I think the kingpin release event was altered mid-run to award alliance covers for the top 100 (rather than the then typical top 50) due to player outrage. It was a very rough time.

There was also a huge glut of characters in October-december 2014 (blade, mystique, dino, 4* thor, elektra, cricket all in about 2 months).

So there is plenty of reason the believe that tie-in characters get added to the normal release schedule, rather than replacing the normally schedule character releases. Hope that changes this year, but am not very hopeful.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:

What else are you going to spend Hero Points on? Now they aren't being used to purchase covers the need for roster slots needs to be ramped up.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Drax is the next reward.
  • rossmon
    rossmon Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Options
    New event is up, DP vs MPQ rewarding Drax/She-hulk
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    *(04/20/16) Hi-Fi - Updated Versus and PVE events.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Venom: Heroic, wonder if they'll roll out a post release, heroic, test
    ZLD7X.gif
  • Varg138
    Varg138 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Oh, so they've already released the name of the Drax PVP....I always liked the speculation thread for those. I guess we can't have fun things.