• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    confirm. tah sux

rhulk is good though
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm hoping all the contents here are going to mean noncompetitive brackets; I could really use the placement reward ISO.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I might. With so many people not caring this might be a shot to earn a 4*, and maybe I'll get an easier bracket since I basically tanked the Venom heroic.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The lady doth protests too much, methinks
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It will give them "base level" participation data.

Look, if they run a test, but also throw in super awesome rewards, did people play because the tested change was a success, or because the rewards were a strong draw, strong enough to get players playing regardless?

This is what they need to be measuring, how do changes affect base level participation.

100% accurate. If the reward was something amazing, like a new release, or, even say, Jean Grey, participation would be artificially inflated. By lowering the progression, only the pve regulars will go for placement, as they normally do, as in a normal run of the mill PVE.

Side note: I love using Cho, he is a decent character, a staple for my roster.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    100% accurate. If the reward was something amazing, like a new release, or, even say, Jean Grey, participation would be artificially inflated. By lowering the progression, only the pve regulars will go for placement, as they normally do, as in a normal run of the mill PVE.

I'm actually more likely than normal to participate, because of the promise of reduced requirements needed for progression. The 3x a day thing never worked for me, and I gave up quickly during EotS, but I'll make a good faith effort to get progression with a 2-hour sitting every day. I think that's a fun amount of time to spend on the game, once in a while. If I don't keep up with progression at that level of participation, I'll give up quickly like I did in EotS, but I'm hoping they hit a good spot.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They reduced the progression target for 25 cp from 36k last time it was run to 33k.

I was hopeful after the announcement, but won't start until after the current event ends. From the reaction of people who've already started, they didn't dial it down enough. At least I'll get to use OML the entire time.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    So, denied .... and fix your title. Implies the thread is about TAHulk himself, nothing about his being a reward in a particular event.

Maybe if you "fix" your attitude.......
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Side note: I love using Cho, he is a decent character, a staple for my roster.