[PVE Test, Reward vs Participation] [Merged Topic]

Options
Merrick
Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Curiosity question - Will anybody actually grind and play competitively to get his covers?

I know I won't. I'll play for ISO.

Mod Edit: Clarified Thread title to represent contents

Comments

• Totally Awesome Hulk and Colossus...I'd be surprised if they can fill a bracket for this. To make matters worse it's a 7 day event. I'll play for CP progression and I 'm willing to bet that's probably a top 50 finish.

PvE rewards as a whole have been pretty bad for the past 3 months.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mau-- wrote:
    Totally Awesome Hulk and Colossus...I'd be surprised if they can fill a bracket for this. To make matters worse it's a 7 day event. I'll play for CP progression and I 'm willing to bet that's probably a top 50 finish.

Unstable iso is 4 days, 24/48/24
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In honor of this post, I want to try to make Fertilizer Hulk a new nickname for Cho.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Looks like I picked a great week to go on vacation. I'll pay the 20 Iso and SKIP this event.
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    Options
    Mau-- wrote:
    Totally Awesome Hulk and Colossus...I'd be surprised if they can fill a bracket for this. To make matters worse it's a 7 day event. I'll play for CP progression and I 'm willing to bet that's probably a top 50 finish.

Nah, it's a 4 day. I agree that my Colossus covers will go straight to Iso. At least with the current Heroic I use Daredevil enough and he was close enough that I could justify championing him.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If y'all really do take the event off, and placement looks easy enough, then yeah, I'll go for top 10. That plus a couple 3* hulk pulls gets me to 5 green, which is pretty much required for him to beat a 270 anyone in DDQ.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    i really hope they balance TAH much like the treatment bullseye, IM40, and quicksilver got
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Redrobot30 wrote:
    Looks like I picked a great week to go on vacation. I'll pay the 20 Iso and SKIP this event.
    6a6e3247646ab3700dd2fc5cfbf097bb.jpg
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Glad I don't bother for PVE progression ever. This event would make me want to stop.

Somehow I had Cho at 5/5/0, finally at 5/5/1 and soon 5/5/2. Where are my IceMan covers to drop like this? 4/2/2 (and another blue in off-season, God Forbid it might be something like Balance of Power making 1K practically impossible) cries foul/conspiracy!
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Redrobot30 wrote:

You pay 20iso? My skip tax has always been 10iso. You been robbed! icon_lol.gif

I think once you max a 4* the game decides it has taken enough Iso from you and drops down to 10 icon_lol.gif
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was thinking that at the very least he might be a good blue battery, but then I realized that power creates a countdown tile! Man O Man.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I never finish in top 10, so it really doesn't bother me. I doubt I'll put much effort in except for ISO and CP. It is a sucky top 10 reward, that's for sure. I think he is the worst character in the game. I'm yet to see him in PvP, and only have one alliance mate with him on their roster. I've sold like five on his covers myself.
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The sad thing is I think a few tweaks could make him more usable.

His black for example. Too many things going on. If they want to keep the stun, then there shouldn't be a restriction on the minimum number of blue tiles on the board. If they want to retain limitation on the number of blue tiles on the board maybe he doesn't need to be stunned or doesn't need to be healed.

His Blue should *generate* blue charged tiles instead of converting them, which would allow cascades to happen. Or lower the countdown tile.

His green's saving grace is its targettable, but it's way too expensive. Maybe they're overvaluing the value of specific tile selection...
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    pabasa130 wrote:
    The sad thing is I think a few tweaks could make him more usable.

His black for example. Too many things going on. If they want to keep the stun, then there shouldn't be a restriction on the minimum number of blue tiles on the board. If they want to retain limitation on the number of blue tiles on the board maybe he doesn't need to be stunned or doesn't need to be healed.

His Blue should *generate* blue charged tiles instead of converting them, which would allow cascades to happen. Or lower the countdown tile.

His green's saving grace is its targettable, but it's way too expensive. Maybe they're overvaluing the value of specific tile selection...

His blue is arguably his worst power. It's counter productive because it destroys the green tiles you are trying to match, not to mention it is dependant on a countdown tile. It only adds a meager amount of damage to his green, which you will be lucky enough to fire off more than a couple of times before the enemy team fires off some nukes. He is heavily dependant on getting a favorable board; you really need to pair with a green generator like gbw or mmarvel to reap any rewards, but then you are still in it for the long game which can get dicey fast.

I actually don't mind the concept and I like his color match set, but at the end of the day he still needs some serious revising.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Simple fixes for CHulk:

Green - lower the cost
    Blue - lose the countdown
    Black - lose the blue condition and make it a true heal if it isn't already (shows how little I have used the power that I cannot remember if it is true or burst)
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it's very telling that if given the choice between using a fully covered and maxed 3* hulk or cho l would pick the former
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Redrobot30 wrote:

You pay 20iso? My skip tax has always been 10iso. You been robbed! icon_lol.gif

I'd pay 20 to never see the PvE event card.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    ......so, having HIM as the top price for the new scaling tests ( not to mention another dud in COLOSSUS ) is going to give them very ineffectual data."

Confirm Or Deny?
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Confirm. I was already planning to half **** this event, before the test was announced. Doing a six clear for optimal for those rewards, is not happening.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I love colossus. Chulk is not horrible. Problem is he's support. Hulk should be the penultimate tank, not support. Even worse, it's pretty obvious chulk was a marvel request (not forced) character. The hot dog healing feels like a 1* ability. That said, bag hulk is the worst 4*, unless he's champed really high and buffed.

Colossus is great teamed with fury/hood or some combo of grocket/thor/hulk for team tank.

As far as rewards for test pve, I don't mind, non top tier rewards in case the new pve setting is a dud.