For the love of all that is symbiot.

Options
2»

Comments

• carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I can't beat the nodes. I physically cannot do it. It isn't about time investment or character choice or any other measure of unfun-ness you care to name. I just cannot beat the hard nodes in this sub. The scaling is just not well done, and the design of the venom goon things is just too inherently strong.

Normally, I don't even bother with the (non-DDQ) game when I'm bored by it. This isn't even about my normal complaints about the game pitting you against the entire population of the game making it discouraging. I'm not even discouraged, per se. I've run through every reasonable team I am capable of fielding against the two hardest nodes in the bridge sub, and I'm just reporting I can't do it. The game is in an unplayable state.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tanis3303 wrote:
    The first double run of Venom Bomb I all but skipped...I sniped a bracket for the new release on the last day, and skipped the 2nd run entirely, so I've never really dealt with them outside of DDQ, where they're so low level that my 4*s crush them before they really do anything. This time I actually took the time to read all their abilities and well...I still don't know what the kitty is going on! By about turn 4, its just a **** show as the screen blinks and flashes, special tiles pop up everywhere, and I feel like I'm about to have an epileptic fit...seriously, these things simply do too many things, it's pretty ridiculous.

This has been my experience as well - from skipping the PVE's except at end, to not worrying about them much in DDQ, to not understanding them today.

If D3 wants to introduce more - tougher (?) - goons...they should insert them into more prologue chapters, so everyone can get nodes with two/three of the same specific symbiote so we understand how they work through early/easy play. Haven't heard much about new prologue chapters being added lately - it was suggested often by the devs "to be coming" through that fist 18 months if I remember. This would be a great time and reason to do that addition (could insert ultron goons as well!).
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This event has helped notice that If I dont have the featured good 4 at 270, so he goes to 350+, the event is quite harder for me (4-5 transition). Even with my 370 OML, the Carnage+Venom+Goon at 310 is really hard. I can beat it, but always someone dies. I used iceamn with rhulk (which is buffed 'just' to 310) so iceman can stun Carnage, but he is extremely fragile for this fight (And thor is also 235). Venom yellow is too strong, and when iceman dies I get attacked with Carnage red, and because now 4s scale quite fast after 270 both Carnage and Venom are super good together.

I think 4s should not be used as enemies in PvE with the new scaling system, they are too difficult to fight after 300+ (And now I am even more scared to level OML beyond 370 until I can level Phoenix or any other 5 to play with him - not SS of course).
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,507 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have to say, thank god for decreases in scaling when losing. The last node was impossible twice until they dropped in level. I was lucky to beat it once. I am number 88 right now in the sub, so I guess most people can't beat it either. This sure is a cruel event to use for a character launch. I don't expect to finish t100 tho, not enough time to play over the weekend.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,377 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All I have to say is: thank God they didn't do the PVE test during this symbiotes event. The slaughter would have been inconceivable icon_lol.gif