For the love of all that is symbiot.

Uthgarprime
Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Who ever thought these horrible "goons" up must have thought the game wasn't boring enough. I SO LOVE to sit and wait 10 to 20 seconds each turn for their numberous powers to all fire off. Its this kind of thing that makes me wonder if the devs have ever played this game as a transition player. What part of these goons is fun or challenging.

Comments

• tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    The first double run of Venom Bomb I all but skipped...I sniped a bracket for the new release on the last day, and skipped the 2nd run entirely, so I've never really dealt with them outside of DDQ, where they're so low level that my 4*s crush them before they really do anything. This time I actually took the time to read all their abilities and well...I still don't know what the kitty is going on! By about turn 4, its just a **** show as the screen blinks and flashes, special tiles pop up everywhere, and I feel like I'm about to have an epileptic fit...seriously, these things simply do too many things, it's pretty ridiculous.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I just wish we could use them with our Carnages.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    madok wrote:
    I just wish we could use them with our Carnages.

You can still use him against them, though. I just did a Carnage, Doc Oc, Falcon team, and that was a hilarious nightmare of nonsense. And since scaling is back to normal, Carnage and Doc can still survive the early nodes despite not being boosted.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    firethorne wrote:

You can still use him against them, though. I just did a Carnage, Doc Oc, Falcon team, and that was a hilarious nightmare of nonsense. And since scaling is back to normal, Carnage and Doc can still survive the early nodes despite not being boosted.

I'm pretty sure that would cause my phone to melt. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've actually been lawling my way through this run with boosted champed Rulk. One 18-green AOE ends the match, except on the very last non-essential node. Pair him with Scarlet Witch and BLAOW.

But, yeah, without him it's still miserable.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    No purple for my rulk so lthor tanks and genrates green for him, once your at 18 green ap good night node.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have to use SWitch and Teen Jean to make sure I have enough purple to stop all of their shenanigans. Even then it's not always enough. Once the symbiotes get rolling, they're really hard to stop.
  • az98
    az98 Posts: 30
    Everytime I play against them I have no idea what is going on. I just hope and pray I kill them before they kill me.

It is nonsensical madness, and I agree not fun at all.
  • Willis
    Willis Posts: 49
    The symbiote goons are pretty damn tanky too. level 257 ones are packing over 10k hp, and with the nerfed 3 star.png damage they take some time to beat down. Even worse is when you have Eddie in there being fed green AP for symbiote fury. I know Carnage shows up later, and I can't even imagine seeing him pump out attack tiles along with all the other symbiote shenanigans plus he'll likely be getting fed red AP.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    The worst in my view are the "dogs" with Bark & Bite. Not only do they spawn strike tiles, but if you match them away you take a LOT of damage. Lost some hitters on my roster before figuring that one out.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    The worst in my view are the "dogs" with Bark & Bite. Not only do they spawn strike tiles, but if you match them away you take a LOT of damage. Lost some hitters on my roster before figuring that one out.

I can't be bothered to memorize what they all do, but I know that the dogs get taken down first.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards

Yeah I had a cascade where a bunch of special tiles got deleted but I didn't really notice what was happening. Saw a bunch of Rulk's angry tiles and thught "Huh...odd" then noticed he had 1000HP left o___0
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    glad I'm not the only one who cant/cant be bothered to work out what they all do - I just try & get rid of them first. If its 3 of them, out rolls Angels or Fistbuster
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    KK/SW/X Force seem to handle them pretty well. Being able to reliably flood the board with green lets you not only match away their green abilities but also lets you cascade stuff off the board before it becomes an issue.

And the fact that green is normally their strongest colour means that SS one shots anything.
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    They are definitely manageable and I haven't had any trouble actually beating them, but (kind of as alluded to by the OP) whoever thought fighting these goons would be "FUN" in any possible way is definitely on something strong.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    avs962 wrote:
    They are definitely manageable and I haven't had any trouble actually beating them, but (kind of as alluded to by the OP) whoever thought fighting these goons would be "FUN" in any possible way is definitely on something strong.
    Notice the devs always use "fun" and "challenging" at the same time.
    So either symbiotes or playing each node 7 times or more for t10 must be the fun part.

Yeah, I still wish they would play a release PVE for t10 with a mature (5+ champed 4*s) roster a few times, so they know what they expect the top end of their player base to do.
  • Should be renamed Parasites, for leaching away my enjoyment of the game. Can just about handle them without a mover but when Venom starts dumping on me it all gets a little tedious. Still, on the bright side I'm not going to bother with this event any more so time to get enjoyment out of real life instead.
  • auralgami
    auralgami Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Hate the symbionts and hate Venom Bomb. The goons are getting progressively less imaginative and more annoying.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Okay. OKAY. That damn Venom/Carnage CP node can go right to Hades.

SO not even funny, devs. My 4* team knocked out in 5 turns? ****?
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    That's why I hate icon_carnage.png teaming up with these guys. I normally judge how ridiculously time consuming it is if my phone goes into sleep mode WHILST they're still attacking...