Comments

• madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nope (filler)
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No. Would need to be much higher, closer to 25,000 iso I would maybe consider....40,000 yes I would.
  • Gregore
    Gregore Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    You can already buy ISO with CP.

Buy legendary token, Use, Sell for 1k ISO (maybe 2k if you are really really lucky).

That seems on par with how much they think ISO is worth.
  • Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    Options
    Gregore wrote:
    You can already buy ISO with CP.

Buy legendary token, Use, Sell for 1k ISO (maybe 2k if you are really really lucky).

That seems on par with how much they think ISO is worth.

Yep this. I'd take a 20 cp for 10k iso right now tbh.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    so this could be looked at from several different angles, but I consider 1cp roughly equivalent to 50-60 hp. would you spend 1000 hp for 10K iso? I wouldn't. 10K iso is gaining 1 extra day of progress. how long does it take to gather 20 cp? top players might average 120 a week. so basically exchanging a day's worth of cp for a day's worth of iso - no thanks. exchange rate would have to be much better than that.

so war says 20 cp for 40K. that is a much better value, but its a half-week of iso, if I was close to losing a cover in queue on a character I was in the process of working on, I might be tempted. I have a rulk cover in queue now that expires in 6 days that will be a little tight. i'll likely make it easily once pve goes back to normal, but I might do it once for something like that. 40K gets me 10 levels. 10 gets me 2.5.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It would have to be a huge amount of ISO to offset the loss of a tiny chance at a 5* cover. I'm not sure how much. No less than 1k ISO per CP, probably more. And I really need ISO.
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    Options
    it would be nice and maybe appropriate to be able to exchange iso for hp and even hp for iso depending on the exchange rates.

never for cp unless it was an outrageous rate.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No, i wouldn't. There's plenty of iso to be had, you just need to earn it.

You don't need to max everything, make a plan, stick to it, watch your roster grow
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    I grind PvE nodes for 1 CP not caring about the 1k total ISO (or whatever it totals to) I get for my other 6 attempts. That says to me that 1 CP alone is worth more than 1k ISO.

In PvP I often push for Top 5 to get 5k ISO rather than 2k ISO and often don't consider the CP as part of my reasoning for continuing to push. That says to me that 1 CP is worth less than 3k ISO.

So I would value CP at roughly 2k ISO/CP........but I would never make the exchange in that direction because the amount of ISO you can earn is limitless, while CP rewards are fixed. I would definitely purchase CP at 2k ISO apiece though. That would be a LT every other day and would really help my 5* transition which has been plagued by poor luck both in draw rates as well as cover diversity. (17 5* covers with no SS blue, Phoenix Purple, BSS blue/green, or a single GG).
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CP is all that matters to me. ISO is just to give me something to do (ie champing random 4*s) while I wait for my CP to build up to try to draw more 5*s.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I may be ISO starved but not enough to trade 20 commandpoints.png for a mere 10,000 iso8.png . For 100,000 iso8.png ? Sure. In an instant. Somewhere between that? Maybe.
  • Escape2victory
    Options
    I don't think I'd convert either CP or HP for ISO - the exchange rate would be wholly unacceptable. My demands would be thousands of ISO per CP and that's out of kilter with the financial model of the game. I never have enough ISO but I'm extraordinarily patient and want to plan for the future. DDQ offers a very fair amount of ISO, pve and pvp do not. I do get frustrated after a long and hard fight when the reward 'curtain' appears and it's a dull one not a shiny one ...almost apologetic that it's about to offer up 70 or maybe 100 ISO.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Options
    what about 20 CP for a weekly 2x iso boost? coulkld be worth it or worthless if Rl gets in the way, but it might make you spend more to get more out of a boost. maybe 10 cp for a three day 2x iso boost for weekend warriors.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What would be a good rate?

20 CP buys 10K Iso? Would you do it?
    You can easliy make 10K Iso in one day. To earn 20CP you need over a week.

I think the minimum would be 70K to consider buying. For 100K Iso I would spend it for sure..
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CP is the hottest thing in the game for me (with the hope I can get some OML covers and star winning the CP at a reasonable rate..... ) so 20 CP would have to be a lot of ISO. As many said - getting 10k ISO per day is easy and in that time you can win 2 CP (plus maybe something from PvP and PvE placement but that is not guaranteed - recently 1040 in Quake PvP got me 97 place in the bracket). So at 5k Iso per CP we are looking at 100 000 ISO per 20 CP. I would buy it I I have a cover for top 4* expiring and I could champion him/her. But we are talking about 5-6 heroes on the list who could make me do that (and 2 of them are champed already in my roster). So in general - even at 5k per 1 CP I would be unlikely to buy. Double it - and yes - I would buy it probably once a month. Still - the devs don't care about a guys who spends so little as I (nothing in months icon_e_wink.gif)
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is actually a great idea,i would go 4 it sure.10k seems stingy but probably about what d3p value cp at.im at the stage where if i see the gold token its more than likely 1k iso anyway.
  • Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    Options
    Just pulled 8 legends, 1 token(25 cp equivalent) 7 via cp(140). all were unusable. I got a whopping 8k iso for essentially 165 cp worth of value. I'd love to say "gimme 1 million iso for one cp!!!1!1!" But in honestly, I'd still take 10k for 20 cp right now.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Heartburn wrote:
    what about 20 CP for a weekly 2x iso boost? coulkld be worth it or worthless if Rl gets in the way, but it might make you spend more to get more out of a boost. maybe 10 cp for a three day 2x iso boost for weekend warriors.
    personally i'd be willing to pay more than that for a week of 2x iso across the board on everything, especially in a week with the old pve setup. new pve setup slashes some of my daily iso production, but pvp, LRs, and ddq - all double - worth quite a bit.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    20cp for 10k?

absolutely not. i would want more iso for 20k, d3 would probably give you way less.
    id even max out one of my remaining not maxed 3*s before i buy iso with cp.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It'd have to be 50k or more for 20 CP before I'd even consider it, and given that ISO is the main gating mechanism for progress, that seems unlikely.