How many characters are you using to clear nodes in EotS?

Options
Redrobot30
Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So it seems like a lot of us are running our top teams to beat all the nodes in the test run of EofS...

Personally I am using the same 3 characters (Kamala/Steve/IM40) to run through EVERY node as they are my best bet to get through the long haul grind without burning through health packs. With the exclusion of the "trivial" nodes I'm not even using my JV squad teams to experiment with different team ups.

So just wondering how many of us are still using the bulk of our lineups...
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm using the same 3 characters, except for essentials. But honestly, I've always done that, even before this test. I dunno, I've just always gone for boosted characters, unless the choices really suck.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2016
    Options
    So far XDP, 4Cyc, Hood, Switch, Jean, Iceman, HB, Blade, RHulk, so 9 plus the essentials.

I can probably fit in a few more like Thor, IM40, Thing, Fury, Carnage as needed.

So it's not completely restrictive but a good chunk are just taking turns taking a beating when I need them.

Nothing like clearing level 300 enemies for 120 points. Fun!

Edit: Added IM40, Kamala, Grocket to the list last night. So 12 now.
  • Todzilla
    Todzilla Posts: 26
    Options
    I've been using 4thor im40 kk every node. It's really sad that i have a huge roster and sure i could use other teams to beat the nodes but that will almost undoubtedly eat up health packs so why bother with anything else? Thank God it will be over in a few days
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    3* Bullseye has been getting some use in the wave missions, but for the high level missions I just use IF/HB. And I seem to remember Cyc/DD creating some ambush shenanigans with HB. So, 5?
  • Suddenreal
    Suddenreal Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    I am forced to use the boosted characters, otherwise, I don't manage to beat anyone. Not even the low level nodes.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Jean 5*
    Falcon 3* (best against countdown tiles and team wthout hero-that-make-moves)
    Beast (often with Thor 3*, and Kamala)
    Iron fist (with black panther)
    + Loki or/and ant-man if i need to steal special tiles.

I think those are the most frequently used chars in this event.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For survival nodes winfinity since once it gets going I don't have to worry about wolvie poping up and getting hit with A slash.
    Everything else has been KP, 4Thor, IM40. Even the goon nodes since I can get 12 yellow so fast and then I don't have to worry about everyone else.
    I am also only doing the survival nodes once since I don't want to grind them down for points and no rewards.
  • rastafari7
    rastafari7 Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm missing the 0 in the poll !!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mostly Iceman/IM40/Phoenix, Essential

ran out of health packs on my 6x last night and had to get creative. Invis PX worked fairly well on nodes with out AOE
  • Redrobot30
    Options
    rastafari7 wrote:
    I'm missing the 0 in the poll !!

I almost put that on there but if the answer is 0 then you aren't clearing any nodes. I did give you a thumbs up though for the laugh icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Edith09
    Edith09 Posts: 48
    Options
    2 team most of the time. Blade, Beast and KK. 3*Cyclop, Switch and KK. Quite boring bf I used lot of combos for easier nodes.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    majority (57% so far) @ 4-6

Out of a possible 95 characters hardly promoting roster diversity is it?
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Apart from essentials, been using the same team for every node.

KK/3Cap/IM40

I would say this is pretty much the best PvE combo for people that don't have viable 4* (like myself icon_e_confused.gif ).
  • Redrobot30
    Options
    Tryke wrote:
    Apart from essentials, been using the same team for every node.

KK/3Cap/IM40

I would say this is pretty much the best PvE combo for people that don't have viable 4* (like myself icon_e_confused.gif ).

Agreed, I use this combo and they are able to handle 4*s all the time.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Only characters I've used so far are:

Non-essential nodes = ONLY Charlie's Angles every time (Prof X, Scarlet Witch, GSBW)
    Essential Nodes = Ghost Rider, Beast, Ms Marvel, Falcon, Blade

My scaling is too high to even bother testing other teams, especially since I can't use OML to tank three colors and heal it all back. The fights would take too long, and I'd lose too much health each fight.

Maybe once Wolverine becomes playable again I'll change things up, but right now even though I have an almost max leveled 3 star roster, a few barely usable 3 stars, I'm sticking to the cheap tactics of Charlie's Angles because it saves on health packs and you can win fights quick with it. Still have to deal with the **** that is Wolverine and 2 red goon feeders, which means I take a 6K Adamantium Slash by turn 4 or 5.

And then there's Caltrops, the most broken skill in the entire game... It should only hit the character in front, not the whole team. That makes no sense. Pretty damn frustrating.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The same amount I normally use, which is about 10-15. Helps that I purposefully level out my roster, so most of my good characters are somewhere between 104-144 (with 3* icon_caroldanvers.png at 168 so that I could re-spec her and because there were some extra covers). So I've used Storm, 2* Mags, 2* Thor, IM40, GSBW, 2 and 3* Torch, Hulk once, She-Hulk to deal with attack tiles, 2* and 3* Cap/Ms Marvel, and Beast. I think the highest level I've faced so far is 250. And around 50th place, even though I don't have a Ghost Rider. Would have been higher if I hadn't eased up playing today because life got in the way.
  • Escape2victory
    Options
    3 characters. GRocket, IM40, 3Cap. Grocket to eat any damage and heal when necessary.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I tend to find a team that works well with the boosted characters, and then use it consistently throughout the event. This time it's Cyclops, Iceman and Elektra. They are doing very well so far.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    I tend to find a team that works well with the boosted characters, and then use it consistently throughout the event. This time it's Cyclops, Iceman and Elektra. They are doing very well so far.
    they're not bad.. but I used them for her PvP instead, so I chose not to use Cyclops or Elektra in the first 3 days.

I started using Cyclops, Iceman and IM40 after Dance of Death had finished, they worked well too.

How often do you get to use Elektra's Shadow Step effectively? with my Elektra at lower level compared to Iceman or Cyclops, she doesn't go to the front except when matching blacktile.png .. (maybe yours moved to the front with purpletile.png too?) Ballet of Death traps gets overwritten easily by Wolverine's strike tiles or the ninja's CD tiles and I'd prefer to use Iceman's purpleflag.png or Cyclops' redflag.png ... So, unfortunately, in this event, she's still underwhelming.
    My Elektra is level 229, so she tanks black and Purple (Iceman is level 250 since I only have 12 covers and Cyclops is championed). I pretty much only use Shadow Step, and only when I happen to have black AP anyway. It is quite effective though since it protects against Caltrops, so there's no reason not to use it when you have the AP. It also works quite well when a bunch of Shurikens are coming your way. One time I got Elektra in front when a Meteor Hammer was about to resolve, that was hilarious.
  • OnyxSnake
    OnyxSnake Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options
    I used IM40/4clops/4pool except essentials.
    My 4clops is maxed so 10 red = 9500 damage and 8 blue = 5500. Once i get IM40 recharge to go off its game over especially if i can get 2 at once.