Why not remove 5 stars from scaling?

2»

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Koffitok wrote:
    KGB wrote:
    There is no incentive to level up in PvE because the enemies constantly level up too.
    According to this line in the notes:
    "As your roster gets stronger, you'll see enemies that are relatively easier. (Their levels will still increase, but more slowly than yours do.)"

The incentive to grow your roster is that even though enemies are getting harder with you, the amount they increase gets less and less, so the power differential between your best team and enemy teams gets bigger with more levels. At least, that's what I got from this.

I've seen this effect in an incredibly perverse way in the current PVE.

My roster is in the 3* transition phase with my best characters between L80-100 (a couple Champions and a bunch of 3*'s slowly leveling up).

I don't notice any of the 'enemies get easier' part in the regular nodes because they all seem initially scaled to a L100 roster. But in the essential character nodes I've seen something else entirely. I don't have Beast rostered because I don't think he's worth having. But thanks to the last PvE, I got a single Beast cover. So I added him just so I could do his missions which are all for big points. Because he's L40 with 1 cover, all my Beast missions are scaled L40-50. So when I team him with Thor/Storm they easily walk through those waves many times (scales up slowly) generating thousands of points for me per sub. Same thing with Ms Marvel nodes. I have her rostered but at a low level (60ish) so once again her nodes start out much lower than regular ones and are worth a lot more points than all the normal nodes.

As a result I'm going to finish T100 for the first time ever in a PvE event simply because I am raking in so points on those 2 essential character nodes (90% of my score are clearly those nodes 5-6 times while I can barely clear all the others 1 time). Great for me cause I need the Thor covers but this doesn't seem like a good system of scaling.

KGB