Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Meander wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Meander wrote:
    I get about 10K extra iso a day legitimately

This game is so dumb sometimes I can't even handle it.

Nothing against you Meander, but with all the inconsistency of who actually gets these rewards and who doesn't, who is willing to pollute their FB friends list, what platform people play on and the general stinginess with ISO and they allow THIS? 10k per day? Or more for some people? I gotta put on my Ugg boots and get a starbucks frappucino because I can't even right now.

I can understand the frustration for Steam users, because the function is just not there, which sucks for them. And those that try it and just dont seem to get the gifts, because that population is out there and that also sucks. But those that 'don't want to pollute their facebook' seem to be using a huge cop out. Create a gaming FB account, or dont take FB so seriously (because its a huge joke anyway) or create a custom user group that have a limited view of your profile if you're afraid of strangers. To me, creating some excuse over not doing it is akin to someone saying "Hey, there's $100 bucks on the ground across the street" and you replying "YOU MEAN I HAVE TO CROSS THE STREET??? UGH"

I get that, which is why I used the sarcastic white girl problems phrasing.

The root of my complaint that I didn't articulate is that it's dumb to have a source of iso that has nothing to do with the actual game that is capable of generating more daily iso than a person can earn by actually playing the game. FB arguments aside, you have to admit that's stupid.
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I absolutely agree. I also feel that even though it's a dumb amount for doing nothing and dumb that not all can do it, but it's equally dumb that on just this 10k flow alone, it'd take a month to fully level a 4*. It all goes back to they need to fix flows to where this wouldn't be that much of an advantage
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Meander wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Meander wrote:
    I get about 10K extra iso a day legitimately

This game is so dumb sometimes I can't even handle it.

Nothing against you Meander, but with all the inconsistency of who actually gets these rewards and who doesn't, who is willing to pollute their FB friends list, what platform people play on and the general stinginess with ISO and they allow THIS? 10k per day? Or more for some people? I gotta put on my Ugg boots and get a starbucks frappucino because I can't even right now.

I can understand the frustration for Steam users, because the function is just not there, which sucks for them. And those that try it and just dont seem to get the gifts, because that population is out there and that also sucks. But those that 'don't want to pollute their facebook' seem to be using a huge cop out. Create a gaming FB account, or dont take FB so seriously (because its a huge joke anyway) or create a custom user group that have a limited view of your profile if you're afraid of strangers. To me, creating some excuse over not doing it is akin to someone saying "Hey, there's $100 bucks on the ground across the street" and you replying "YOU MEAN I HAVE TO CROSS THE STREET??? UGH"

I get that, which is why I used the sarcastic white girl problems phrasing.

The root of my complaint that I didn't articulate is that it's dumb to have a source of iso that has nothing to do with the actual game that is capable of generating more daily iso than a person can earn by actually playing the game. FB arguments aside, you have to admit that's stupid.

From who's perspective?

It's not dumb for players because they can progress faster and get drawn into facebook communities and are more likely to be capture by the game and therefore buy stuff (because most of us aren't getting 10k+ from Facebook - a lucky few are but most are in the low 1000s probably which isn't nearly enough

It's not dumb from the d3/demurge perspective because it promotes longevity and gives them demographic info on their players they wouldn't otherwise get - plus they are more likely to monetise those who stick with the game and get drawn in which is after all what they need to do to survive as a company.

It's dumb from the perspective of steam players because they miss out - in the same way Android sales are dumb from an apple users perspective because they miss out. Ultimately you can ask for a merge onto a mobile account so its your choice to play on the platform of your choice with the inherent limitations or benefits that creates - if I wanted to I could get an android piece of junk phone to benefit from their more regular than iOS sales - but I don't - I also don't moan that they exist.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    alphabeta wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:

From who's perspective?

It's not dumb for players because they can progress faster and get drawn into facebook communities and are more likely to be capture by the game and therefore buy stuff (because most of us aren't getting 10k+ from Facebook - a lucky few are but most are in the low 1000s probably which isn't nearly enough

It's not dumb from the d3/demurge perspective because it promotes longevity and gives them demographic info on their players they wouldn't otherwise get - plus they are more likely to monetise those who stick with the game and get drawn in which is after all what they need to do to survive as a company.

It's dumb from the perspective of steam players because they miss out - in the same way Android sales are dumb from an apple users perspective because they miss out. Ultimately you can ask for a merge onto a mobile account so its your choice to play on the platform of your choice with the inherent limitations or benefits that creates - if I wanted to I could get an android piece of junk phone to benefit from their more regular than iOS sales - but I don't - I also don't moan that they exist.

From a game design perspective.

You seem to be taking this personally, like I called you stupid. I did not. Nor did I "moan" about anything. I maintain my position that in a game where a resource like iso is so precious and given out at such a low rate that having a system that gives out more of that resource for no effort than can be earned with effort is a bad design decision.

You're really going to argue that people who add hundreds or thousands of MPQ FB friends are actually engaging more with the game and spending more money because of those MPQ FB friends? Come on man. I get it. You're getting free stuff and you don't like people saying that your free stuff system is bad for the game, but don't lie to yourself.

And demographic info? I don't think you understand how FB works. By using it for your game backup they're already getting everything they're going to get from FB. Adding friends changes nothing.

Android sales are $5 once or twice per year. So let's call it $10 in value per year that other users can't get. 13,200 iso costs $20, and some people are getting that for free every day. That's $7,300 in value per year that other users can't get. Not the same. Nice try though.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but there aren't two separate pools of players, everyone competes "equally" against everyone else regardless of what platform they play on. The only way the game separates players is the (somewhat arbitrary) "vet", "noob", "intermediate" stuff you see people talking about.

Consider my bubble burst.

Console players are still excluded, right?
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes, console play does not mix with the Steam/Mobile app.