The Bottom Line Math of the New PVE Scoring

Options
2»

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    Rest assured, by my calculation, if you are still doing 4 clears for each node, you'd get your 25 CP.
    my problem is that I'm not doubling my time commitment to make it to 4 clears. I'm playing the same amount of time, which is the equivalent of 2 clears now. and that is woefully short of progression pace. it seems that you're fine with the increased time requirement. I'm not. that's why I called it a bad system regardless unless they drastically alter the time aspects.
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm a casual player bordering on competitive in PVE, with 3 full clears and some moderate grinding on each sub (all the CPs, trivial and loaner nodes down to 1, and whatever else Health Packs allow). I always hit max progression (usually with a day or two to spare), and typically make top 50 in every sub and the whole event, but never approach top 10 for the 4* covers. Between optimal clears I usually had enough health packs leftover to PVP enough to hit the heroic 10 pack reward for the season, but not by much.

In this event I'm playing as much as my healthpacks allow (with basically nothing left for PVP). I'm consistently in the top 25 in each sub, on track for my best placement ever. I'm also nowhere near on target for max progression. I see very few people in my time slice who are.

In short, a far more grueling, time-consuming grind for fewer rewards. Two thumbs down.
  • bOmbast
    bOmbast Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Echo the last posts.
    I've been clearing the 1st sub 6 times, the others 2-4 times plus grinding the CP nodes in all of them. Placed 50-150 in all subs, 110 in my slice in total. Still not even got to 70 000 points, no chance in hell I'll get those CPs icon_e_sad.gif