Simulator brutality on 3* transitioners

Options
2»

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tanis3303 wrote:
    My life in PvE has been considerably easier since discovering the combo of Iceman/Xforce Deadpool/Iron Man Model 40...seriously, 6 yellow and a little luck and it's over. Before that it was winfinite (or Charlie's Angels I've heard it called) and before that it was the pre-nerf craziness of Xforce Wolvie and 4-Thor. All of these great combos rely on 4* characters however, I can't even imagine taking on these nodes as a 3* player. I'm pretty sure I'd hang up the towel after one event. I don't know how y'all do it, but kudos to all the puzzle warriors out there that stick with it!

IM40 and Thoress for me. She's my second highest levelled 4*. I'd use Xpool but Thoress has a nice stun that can keep me going for a while.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't mind the ramped up difficulty per se, but that 4* cyc node is just dirty pool. Taking away our boosted character on a node that is already nearly impossible without some serious 4* help? It's the first node I haven't been able to complete, however I do enjoy the easy 25 cp for 3 days of light grinding.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hood still beats anything. Manage the enemy ap well and they never use an ability. Don't worry about your colors, worry about their colors.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    tanis3303 wrote:
    My life in PvE has been considerably easier since discovering the combo of Iceman/Xforce Deadpool/Iron Man Model 40...seriously, 6 yellow and a little luck and it's over. Before that it was winfinite (or Charlie's Angels I've heard it called) and before that it was the pre-nerf craziness of Xforce Wolvie and 4-Thor. All of these great combos rely on 4* characters however, I can't even imagine taking on these nodes as a 3* player. I'm pretty sure I'd hang up the towel after one event. I don't know how y'all do it, but kudos to all the puzzle warriors out there that stick with it!

I felt the same with my OML/IceMan/IM40, but then the AI discovered that I had a winning team and decided to never ever give me yellow, give the AI team all of the AP they need and all my health packs later that was the end of it.

I will never, ever, ever in a million years believe that the AI doesn't cheat. Facts and logic are irrelevant. Call it my religion.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am a player just finising the 3* transition and I can say the only node which caused trouble for me in any sub was that Bobby node.

Had to whale it.

Other than that I've done 3 easy clears of each sub and sit in 10th in my bracket.

Mostly stuck with im40 super Steve and kk. I do have a rulk with 5 green covers which I paired with 3hor when health packs ran out which helped but that's how I cleared everything really