Volunteer your data for the LT Tracking Project!

Options
2»

Comments

• smoq84 wrote:
    Malenkov wrote:
    Whoops.

When I pulled the list of characters from the MPQ wiki, it hadn't been updated with Spider-Gwen yet, so it wasn't on the sheet with the list of champions.

I've updated the spreadsheet to include her; you can re-download it from the same URL and copy-paste any existing data into the new sheet.
    What kind of data do you expect in the second tab (Characters)? I have no idea what to put there - my current levels, covers or what?

I think it's there just for validation, we users aren't supposed to change it.

Yes, just ignore that sheet.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got my first legendary since I started tracking... up to that point I was 0/11.

Odd thing is it's a green Phoenix... as far as 5*s go that's the 3rd in a row I've gotten.
  • Just a reminder to everyone: the tracking period ends at the end of S5 of the Daredevil PVP event, or in about 31 hours.

I'll keep checking for results for 48 hours after that so people can get their records in order and the I'll post some preliminary findings (the total rate at least) after that.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malenkov wrote:
    Just a reminder to everyone: the tracking period ends at the end of S5 of the Daredevil PVP event, or in about 31 hours.

I'll keep checking for results for 48 hours after that so people can get their records in order and the I'll post some preliminary findings (the total rate at least) after that.

I hope you like the 3 data points I'll be supplying you! icon_lol.gif
  • OJSP wrote:
    I considered asking this in private, but I suppose others might have a similar question. I think this hasn't been asked before, but if I missed it, I apologise in advance.

How strict are you with the time frame? I know you've proposed the 1 week period to make it a more controlled and less onerous for those who participated.

I happened to have opened some tokens before this season had started, because I didn't want Spider-Gwen to dilute my pool further. (A total of 19 pulls)

In addition to that, I need about 30000 iso in the next 3 days to max and champ Thor and Cyclops, and potentially netting another 2 LTs.

Could I include more data in the form (and perhaps notate which ones are outside the time frame) or would you rather if I stick with the time frame? At the moment, I'm looking at 12 pulls.

I want to keep it strict this time, but I'm thinking of collecting historical data from everyone for just a % drop rate study after this one (especially if we don't have enough data this time for conclusions)
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Out of curiosity, why did you use this submission format rather than something one-step like a Google Form? Regardless, I've been wondering this same thing and appreciate the initiative.
  • SeveredSynapse
    SeveredSynapse Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    25 Epic covers out of 290 Legendary Token / Command Point draws... ~~~ 8.62%

Breakdown:
    9.31% from 204 LT
    6.98% from 86 CP (classic)

I was saving up until I had all my 4* characters Champion'ed
  • Out of curiosity, why did you use this submission format rather than something one-step like a Google Form? Regardless, I've been wondering this same thing and appreciate the initiative.

I evaluated Google Forms as a possibility a few weeks ago, but I decided against it. I'm not entirely sure what I my reasoning was, since it seems like a pretty good solution right now. If the project continues for another iteration or else in a different format altogether (e.g. using peoples' historical draw data) I may reconsider using it.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malenkov, I have emailed you my pulls of 8 LT tokens.

I pulled another 2 and gotten 1 Thing yellow and 1 Mr F black.
  • atomzed wrote:
    Malenkov, I have emailed you my pulls of 8 LT tokens.

I pulled another 2 and gotten 1 Thing yellow and 1 Mr F black.

Great; can you tell me if all those pulls are from LT/CP and whether they are Latest or Classic LTs?
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Malenkov,

I have the data from the time frame you asked for specifically... just haven't put it in a spreadsheet yet. I think I have ~25 or so pulls (2 legendary). I will try to send it out this evening.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Incidentally, I will continue to track this data, so if you want to do this again I can pull from any date range.
  • Rumbles
    Rumbles Posts: 28
    Options
    I saw this thread a few days into the season...at the time I was 0/??? so I was intrigued. Season total: 1/56. The lone 5* pulled was literally the only 5* I did not need. Notable pull streaks, 2/3 yellow invis, with the 3rd being a yellow venom...5/8 starlord.
    Yes it could be confirmation bias. Perhaps in the grand scheme of lt pulled it evens out. Little consolation or use for a whole season wasted.
    I didn't participate in the last "sale". Infact after 869 days played who knows how many thousands of dollars spent I have reached the point where it is unlikely I will be putting another single cent into the developers pockets.