Volunteer your data for the LT Tracking Project!

Options
A few weeks ago, I proposed a project to track LT pulls across our community in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40422

The result is a fair number of volunteers and this Excel spreadsheet to collect information about everyone and the details of their pulls. There has been much discussion in the past few months since their introduction about whether or not LT pulls are truly random ("Three Mr. Fantastics in a row?!") and whether 5*s are truly distributed at a 10% aggregate rate ("50 LT dry spell"). Let's put these questions to the test.

Instructions:
1) Download the spreadsheet: http://dropproxy.com/f/D62
2) Fill out the short questionnaire (most of the fields are drop-downs)
3) Start tracking the results of LT pulls starting from the beginning of Versus Season XXV (Blade - High Stakes, when Spider-Gwen is added to the LT pool) until the end of the last slice of the third event (Daredevil - Blind Justice?)
4) Submit results to: mpq.lttp@gmail.com

Note: if you don't want me to know your email address, a service like https://anonymousemail.me/ allows you to easily send anonymous emails with small attachments. You can also PM me with a link to a file hosting service.

All surveys submitted to me will be private. I will strip out all account-identifiable information from any public results I post. If we have enough data (200+ pulls), I hope that we will find out some interesting things (including if it is actually an apparently fair random assignment).

Please join us in digging a little bit deeper into MPQ's end game cover distribution! Feel free to leave a note in here that you're interested in submitting your pulls (if you haven't already posted in the other thread) or else just send me your survey at the end.

Tell your friends, preferably that they should send me their data and not just "Malenkov is a huge nerd!" icon_e_geek.gif

Comments

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I currently have about 13 classic LT and 7 latest LT which I hoarded. I can help out when I opened the tokens...

Is there a reason why you specify the period in which we should open the tokens?
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    atomzed wrote:
    I currently have about 13 classic LT and 7 latest LT which I hoarded. I can help out when I opened the tokens...

Is there a reason why you specify the period in which we should open the tokens?

I'm assuming because as long as everyone opens them the same season, then the odds on each character should stay the same (even if new 4* characters get added, they won't go into the legendary token pulls until next season). Now, if a 5 star gets added, it could mess with things a little.
  • atomzed wrote:

I'm assuming because as long as everyone opens them the same season, then the odds on each character should stay the same (even if new 4* characters get added, they won't go into the legendary token pulls until next season). Now, if a 5 star gets added, it could mess with things a little.

That's correct. Limiting the timeframe also makes it less onerous for people to enter the data and so more likely to participate. In theory. I'm also going to maybe record a few random rosters before and after to check everyone's math, but that's mostly so I can pre-empt questions of accuracy.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm not sure how many LT I will open in that short period, but I will be glad to help.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If I've only ever spent $5 on that Google Play sale but have otherwise not paid and probably won't in the near future (sorry D3!), should I classify myself as F2P or occasional spender?
  • If I've only ever spent $5 on that Google Play sale but have otherwise not paid and probably won't in the near future (sorry D3!), should I classify myself as F2P or occasional spender?

It's one of those census "how do you self-classify" questions, so it's up to you. I'd say F2P, but there are all those articles about how high the bar is to get F2P players to spend that first dollar, but after that the flood gates open...
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks for the efforts! I just mailed you my data for 29 total tokens open.

3 were 5*s so I guess it's ok. WIsh it wasn't BSS though. Really have no idea who to pair him with ><
  • Whoops.

When I pulled the list of characters from the MPQ wiki, it hadn't been updated with Spider-Gwen yet, so it wasn't on the sheet with the list of champions.

I've updated the spreadsheet to include her; you can re-download it from the same URL and copy-paste any existing data into the new sheet.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hmm. There are no dropdowns for me. It's just a regular old spreadsheet. Am I supposed to do something to see the dropdown choices?

edit: nevermind. I redownloaded and reopened and all is well.
  • I think the dropdowns work on Excel and OpenOffice (and presumably LibreOffice), but they might not in Google Docs. If you don't see the dropdowns, just fill it out by hand and I'll try to reconcile the data myself.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Options
    I'm editing on Google Docs, and I see dropdowns for the Color, Type, and Token/CP columns, but not for Character. Not a big deal, I can enter it myself.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey OP, if you look for my season-end opening threads, you'll get almost all of the legendary pulls I've had since they started. Not quite all, but almost all. Sign me up!
  • I'm editing on Google Docs, and I see dropdowns for the Color, Type, and Token/CP columns, but not for Character. Not a big deal, I can enter it myself.

Right; I'm pulling the values from the Characters sheet and as an embedded list for the other fields. Google Docs doesn't support the former and Excel's embedded lists aren't long enough for all the character names.

If you're using Google Docs and it's not too much trouble, copy/paste the character names from the characters sheet. Otherwise I'll have to reconcile the data myself (I'd rather have the data even if it means I have to do that though).
  • Cousin Simpson
    Options
    Malenkov wrote:
    If you're using Google Docs and it's not too much trouble, copy/paste the character names from the characters sheet. Otherwise I'll have to reconcile the data myself (I'd rather have the data even if it means I have to do that though).

I'll have you know that I'm quite excellent at copy/pasting! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Are you looking for LT-only pulls, or draws from 20* and 25* CPs as well?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anything that comes from the Legendary screen; there's actually a space where you say if the pull was from a token or CP.
  • delita007
    delita007 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm about to ruin the curve as I just pulled 2/4, one from a Latest Token and one from a classic bought with CP. I guess I can't complain about anything this season. . .
  • delita007 wrote:
    I'm about to ruin the curve as I just pulled 2/4, one from a Latest Token and one from a classic bought with CP. I guess I can't complain about anything this season. . .

Good to hear that you've had some good luck. I'm 2 for 22 so far, including my 5th black OML. Pretty pleased, but I'm sure that five more of those are around the corner.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Malenkov wrote:
    Whoops.

When I pulled the list of characters from the MPQ wiki, it hadn't been updated with Spider-Gwen yet, so it wasn't on the sheet with the list of champions.

I've updated the spreadsheet to include her; you can re-download it from the same URL and copy-paste any existing data into the new sheet.
    What kind of data do you expect in the second tab (Characters)? I have no idea what to put there - my current levels, covers or what?
  • Cousin Simpson
    Options
    smoq84 wrote:
    Malenkov wrote:
    Whoops.

What kind of data do you expect in the second tab (Characters)? I have no idea what to put there - my current levels, covers or what?

I think it's there just for validation, we users aren't supposed to change it.