slidecage Posts: 3,399 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Something very cool arriving in April."

Always a tease, never any details.

BTW, is this Cthulhu?

5 star iceman icon_e_smile.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Yes, that is Cthulhu. We can't always say what's coming with Marvel because it will reveal something too soon. Basically, it's not our fault!
    It is always the Dev's fault. All the cascades against me are the Dev's fault. The fact I am addicted to this game is th Dev's fault. Once you realize everything is the Dev's fault (even bad weather) everything will go a lot smoother.

Any hints on when tripple ISO will be a permenant feature in the game?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Thank you! Boris is awesome and I'm looking forward to their new album that is coming in the mail tomorrow with Merzbow!
    It's four discs! All teh Boris!

I may have worn my Boris hoodie so much that I need to get the zipper replaced.
  • Dayv
    Cthulhu wrote:
    What about Boris Amplifier Worship and feedbacker? I know a lot of people love flood, but I never got that one. Definitely prefer Japanese smile and agree the BORIS albums are greater.
    feedbacker is amazing.. I ripped the CD as a single track because I think it needs to be listened to as a whole piece, like flood.

Have you heard the live version released as a CD through recent tours? I think the official title is Boris Plays "flood". It's about half the length and noisier, I think you might prefer it to the studio release.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    And....another opportunity for real involvement from reds with the community squandered....
    I'm sure there's a new Quake wallpaper that must be worked on to post.... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Double iso is the WRONG solution and I hope they do not do that.
    Why? Because all of us who have been grinding at current iso levels basically get screwed and anyone incoming suddenly has twice the iso we did. Not fair.

The only viable and sensible solution is a mechanism that provides iso based on your position in the game. A factor of roster slots, number of covers, amount of already maxed and need-to-max characters.

It is the only way.
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    DayvBang wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:
    What about Boris Amplifier Worship and feedbacker? I know a lot of people love flood, but I never got that one. Definitely prefer Japanese smile and agree the BORIS albums are greater.
    feedbacker is amazing.. I ripped the CD as a single track because I think it needs to be listened to as a whole piece, like flood.

Have you heard the live version released as a CD through recent tours? I think the official title is Boris Plays "flood". It's about half the length and noisier, I think you might prefer it to the studio release.

I haven't seen that album but will look for it! I did see that they were on tour for that, but I think I missed it for something else. I did see Yob and Black Cobra recently, that was an amazing show!

My favorite band right now is Krallice, pretty much every album, which I own all of them on record except dimensional bleedthrough (damn you limited releases!!):
    https://krallice.bandcamp.com/
  • Dayv
    Cthulhu wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:

I haven't seen that album but will look for it! I did see that they were on tour for that, but I think I missed it for something else. I did see Yob and Black Cobra recently, that was an amazing show!

My favorite band right now is Krallice, pretty much every album, which I own all of them on record except dimensional bleedthrough (damn you limited releases!!):
    Boris Performing "flood" was limited release too. Currently going for $50 on Discogs. :/

https://www.discogs.com/Boris-Boris-Per ... se/4514493
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Cthulhu is IMHO super attractive. No idea why I'm saying this. On a public board, no less. But I am. Yep, he's hot.

Yeah, I have nothing interesting to contribute. Back to my hole in the ground.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu wrote:

Quick Google reports that Krallice are BM; do they use Cookie Monster vocals?
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu wrote:

Quick Google reports that Krallice are BM; do they use Cookie Monster vocals?

No, that would be death metal. They do use a typical black metal shriek.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    rkd80 wrote:
    Double iso is the WRONG solution and I hope they do not do that.
    Why? Because all of us who have been grinding at current iso levels basically get screwed and anyone incoming suddenly has twice the iso we did. Not fair.

The only viable and sensible solution is a mechanism that provides iso based on your position in the game. A factor of roster slots, number of covers, amount of already maxed and need-to-max characters.

It is the only way.
    I have no issue with people behind me having an easier time to Catch up since there is also a whole lot more characters to spend ISO on now than there was when I started playing. I have a big head start already, that won't change just because new players can build their roster faster. And hey, I have plenty of things to spend the extra ISO on too...

EDIT: to put it Another way, I have been playing this game for two years. I don't care if someone who starts today can build a roster similar to mine in one year, because I will still be one year ahead of them as I'll also be getting increased ISO...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    EDIT: to put it Another way, I have been playing this game for two years. I don't care if someone who starts today can build a roster similar to mine in one year, because I will still be one year ahead of them as I'll also be getting increased ISO...
    Except it doesn't matter anymore that you've been playing for two years when a few lucky 5* pulls can put guys ahead of you regardless of time played.

I'm already at that point where I see people with no or 2 maxed 4*s have way more 5* covers than me (and no, not all of them are whales).

Time played before September 2015 means nothing anymore.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Except it doesn't matter anymore that you've been playing for two years when a few lucky 5* pulls can put guys ahead of you regardless of time played.

I'm already at that point where I see people with no or 2 maxed 4*s have way more 5* covers than me (and no, not all of them are whales).

Time played before September 2015 means nothing anymore.
    Did not really consider that aspect, I have to admit. I'm still not that concerned about it since I have decided to hold off leveling my 5* until my 4* roster has stabilized (only having 4 OML covers certainly helped that decision. icon_e_smile.gif), but at least I understand the issue. The other day in PvP I stumbled across a player in PvP who had two five-stars on a roster that otherwise only had two-stars, so I am assuming said player either got insanely lucky and only got 5* covers from a handful of Legendaries, or otherwise opened a lot of legendary tokens and sold all fourstar covers.