Crash of Titans Cap vs Cap

Options

Comments

• Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:
    My 5/0/3 has had no luck so far, really regretting leveling him to 188 now as I was hoping the extra health would make a difference (its not). The big problem with this character is the 14 ap cost of his red, it just takes too long to get there and for most people you're going to need 28 ap so you can fire it twice. If you try the red one time, she stuns you and then pounds on you with her red, erasing any defense tiles you have left.

I don't have his blue, so maybe that makes a difference for some people, but when they revamped him they should have made it a red accelerator of some kind, instead of buffing his Yellow, which doesn't need it. Or make it a stun (like every other Cap can). I mean if you want to have him be a team player only , the 14 red ap is fine, but then adjust according for a solo DDQ fight. She's way overpowered when compared to him. I don't think I could take a lvl 200 version with a fair board at this point.

Oh well. Its day 865 for me, so there's a icon_iceman.pngblueflag.png coming my way. I'm just gonna move on and take this as a good day in spite of Flaptain (and the ISO I wasted on him)

Ok, I lied about about moving on. I tried three more times and finally got lucky with a board enough to fire off two reds after laying out the yellow. That took her down. And after all that.....

yellowflag.pngicon_greengoblin.png !!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy I could throw Gwen Stacy off a bridge. Flaptain still stinks as solo character, but God bless Captain America.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My Sam Wilson Cap is only 1/0/0 so I made a single attempt just for fun. She OHKO'd me about seven turns in. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Options
    146 2/3/3. First three matches were immensely discouraging (I'd skipped it entirely last time around as I con't think I even had 1 cover in red then) but I checked this thread out and decided to keep trying. Two rounds later I got incredibly lucky as I'd just held off everything till after she'd fired off a hypersonic punch and photonic blast...left me at 156 HP but with 12 yellow on the board all I had to do was wings and three turns of match damage before firing off dive bomb and that was the end of Carol.

...then she gets one last trollface in with the reward being purpleflag.pngicon_nickfury.png for my max covered, level 131 Nick. Hooray, more ISO!
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    First try, made the mistake of using 100% all dmg boost. Cascaded into two 5 matches and that was all she wrote.

Second attempt, I used +2 R/Y, and +2 All. Denied colors. Got yellow out quick. Starved her board. Got enough for another yellow and a dive bomb and killed her.

My Falcap is lvl 140 3/5/5.
  • Ouroboros9999
    Ouroboros9999 Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My cap is 421, should I even bother? Seem like you want red and I got nothin'
  • Lightning_Man
    Lightning_Man Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    Took me 20 tries with my Level 140 4-2-3 Cap'n Flappy. Boosted +2 r/y, 50% r/y, and +2 all colors. Very carefully kept denying red and black, with a preference to matching black away. Even left match 5's alone, because I didn't want the critical tile to activate Marvel's absorb power. Ultimately was able to gather 28 red AP by the time I had 450 health left. I only had about 5 yellow tiles out, but activated yellow, then fired red twice. It was enough to destroy her. Hardest fight I've had in about six months.

Got a black Nova for my LT. Which I can use! I would be upset if I had gotten IW... icon_e_smile.gif
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2016
    Options
    168 2/2/4, took four tries. Probably one of the more straightforward Crashes, though by no means easy: deny black and red, get yellow when you can. I exclusively boosted stockpiles: +2 r/y, +3 r/y (retired boosts hoorah!), +2 all.

I was able to survive one Hypersonic Punch, though not by much. I had 30 red AP and hadn't taken much life off of Carol, but with less than 2K health left and another yellow I could cast, YOLO (or YOL4X in this case): my first Dive Bomb took off 9000 life, and so it was smooth sailing from there.

Purpy Teeny Jeanie was my reward!
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My cap is 421, should I even bother? Seem like you want red and I got nothin'

Yeah, it'd probably be an incredibly steep challenge for you. As reference, my 168 2/4/4 does 3887 + (588 * # of shields) for a Dive Bomb, and I did manage to beat it although the board had to help me out a lot.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Level 190, 5/5/2, 5 attempts, not even making a dent. Denying red and black and not doing too much damage in one go is quite tricky.

I don't think I like this one.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've tried a few times with my lvl 130 3/5/4 to no avail. She just keeps getting perfect boards and I'm left with a ton of purple and green to match. I feel like I *should* be able to do this, and I'm sure throwing more ISO into him would help, but I'm just really really reluctant to do that.

That is if I don't football spike my **** phone into the concrete after every attempt at this **** matchup.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe if she wasn't 5/5/5 this would be a somewhat fair fight. But no, she's level 270, destroys all protect tiles, and generates quite a bit of red/black if you dare do too much damage.

What a ridiculous fight. Make her 3/5/5, Falcap relies on protect tiles, that's his entire gimmick but let's negate that with a quick 7 AP move

icon_evil.gif
  • Sandwichboy
    Options
    I've tried a few times with my lvl 130 3/5/4 to no avail. She just keeps getting perfect boards and I'm left with a ton of purple and green to match. I feel like I *should* be able to do this, and I'm sure throwing more ISO into him would help, but I'm just really really reluctant to do that.

That is if I don't football spike my tinykitty phone into the concrete after every attempt at this tinykitty matchup.

You absolutely can. Bump him up to at least 150 and it's still not going to be easy, but totally doable especially since you have 4 red.
  • Sandwichboy
    Options
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    Maybe if she wasn't 5/5/5 this would be a somewhat fair fight. But no, she's level 270, destroys all protect tiles, and generates quite a bit of red/black if you dare do too much damage.

What a ridiculous fight. Make her 3/5/5, Falcap relies on protect tiles, that's his entire gimmick but let's negate that with a quick 7 AP move

icon_evil.gif

I know people like to complain about the AI cheating with cascades, but can we seriously put a stop to this nonsense of pve characters getting 15 covers for their powers? It's stupid and the laziest way of inflating difficulty.
  • theshadeofopal
    theshadeofopal Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options

That is if I don't football spike my tinykitty phone into the concrete after every attempt at this tinykitty matchup.

You absolutely can. Bump him up to at least 150 and it's still not going to be easy, but totally doable especially since you have 4 red.

I'd kill for 4 red right now. I've got 9 covers for a 153 falcrap but red remains at 1. Really hate the fact that this fight forces you to have one specific cover filled out to do well while the other two could literally be at any level. I've won other crashes with lower level/less covered characters pretty frequently but pulling this one off feels damn nigh impossible.

2* miss marvel would be a much fairer more balanced fight.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 3/3/3 L125 is the definition of futility. Can get the needed yellow or red but never both.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I beat her on my 4th try with a lvl 131 3/2/3 Flaptain, boosting red/yellow and taking out her last 10k health with two dive-bombs.

Sadly, the LT only gave me a Mr F black for my troubles. icon_cry.gif
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2/4/2 lvl 130. I can see how it's possible if I get incredibly lucky, but I'm 8 tries in and throwing in the towel. Both of the last 2 matches I had 30 black ap and still not enough red or yellow to do anything.

The match before that I got what would normally be a "lucky" cascade with 3 crits in a row. I did not want those crits. See ya next week dp 4* challenge.
  • Banjo
    Banjo Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    Lvl 150 4/3/2

Managed to beat her on the umpteenth attempt with a lucky board allowing me to deny red so she only got one Photonic Blasts off, and she didn't get her black off at all. Managed to get 28 red, and then lucked out with 13 yellow tiles on the board.

Got my 4th purple Prof-X cover, wish it had been my first yellow for him but I shan't grumble.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One of the most **** matches in the history of the game. Never have I been more annoyed by her stupid sneering face.
  • theshadeofopal
    theshadeofopal Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    Anyone else find it that the 3* ability nerf manages to make this match arguably even harder? The damage threshold for triggering energy absorption is laughably low given her health.