Crash of Titans Cap vs Cap

Ir0nF1sh
Ir0nF1sh Posts: 52 Match Maker
How'd everybody find this one? I wasn't sure how much energy she'd be able to avoid so waited for a while before I attacked her. Got her down to 11,000 health, put 10 yellow shields down before I unleashed the red attack. With a lev 180 515 build she never stood a chance. Got a redflag.pngicon_redhulk.png for my trouble. Good luck

Comments

• motownjunkie
    motownjunkie Posts: 51 Match Maker
    My FalCap is 2/3/2 - levelled him up to 147 but it's still impossible. Trying to get 28 red and 9 yellow whilst denying red and black is too difficult (especially when the AI always seems to get the AP they need from cascades). I'll give it a few more tries but I'm not holding my breath.
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    I'm still struggling. I think my 2/3/2 147 flaptain *can* do it, but I may need a friendlier board. Best run is 3k and that was after one unfortunately timed red. Didn't have enough AP to cast a second one. Oops.

Guess this is one of those luck and perseverance fights.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Time to bump this one (so it gets moved into events I suppose....), how many beat it this time? I remember this was one of the toughest ones for folks the first round, we had an alliance mate that had a four-red FalCap and had to level him to about 210 before he got this one done. I think opinion last time was you had to have at least four red covers to have a very tough time of it, five to get it done?

I didn't even try last time, RNG has "blessed" me with plenty of FalCap covers in the intervening time including five in red. So my 3/4/5 172 beat this node in two tries - the first time I thought I had Captain Marvel, fired off red and it didn't quite finish her off - her come-back was amazing. The 2nd time I pulled out a calculator to make sure the red would finish her off.

12th Thing cover, nice.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Whoops, missed this when I bumped the old one in main, I'm sure they'll get moved/merged.

RNG gave me a bunch of FalCaps, last time I didn't even try it and this time I did it 2nd time with a 3/4/5 level 172 (+4 R/Y). I know last time folks thought four in red was a must, I'm surprised it can get done with less. This was (is?) probably the least unfair DDQ matchup, Captain Marvel should be level 220.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Last time I was able to pull it off with a 5/3/2 Captain, now he's 5/4/4. Still haven't been able to pull it off, but maybe I should try with boosts. Or just level him up a bit more.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    My level 140 2/4/5 also won in two tries, and it could've been one if I didn't have a math fail and delay Dive-Bomb thinking 6 shields wouldn't be enough for a killing blow when it actually would have done the job.

My prize: icon_starlord.pngredflag.png. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • Quebbster
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Time to bump this one (so it gets moved into events I suppose....), how many beat it this time?
    There is a thread in Events already. I expect this to get locked in 3, 2, 1...
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    That 5 red is essential on this one. My L175 553 hasn't even come close once.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just needed 2 attempts with my 94 1/2/5 to win. +2 r/y, +1 all, denied black then red, took Photonic Blasts once and got 12 yellow on the board to hit yellow into red and divebomb her into oblivion. First time I was one yellow short on the board when she got enough black for Hypersonic Punch to wipe me out.

Without 5 red, I'd not want to do that one.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    0/2/3, 70, not a chance. First DDQ repeat fail
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    My 5/0/3 has had no luck so far, really regretting leveling him to 188 now as I was hoping the extra health would make a difference (its not). The big problem with this character is the 14 ap cost of his red, it just takes too long to get there and for most people you're going to need 28 ap so you can fire it twice. If you try the red one time, she stuns you and then pounds on you with her red, erasing any defense tiles you have left.

I don't have his blue, so maybe that makes a difference for some people, but when they revamped him they should have made it a red accelerator of some kind, instead of buffing his Yellow, which doesn't need it. Or make it a stun (like every other Cap can). I mean if you want to have him be a team player only , the 14 red ap is fine, but then adjust according for a solo DDQ fight. She's way overpowered when compared to him. I don't think I could take a lvl 200 version with a fair board at this point.

Oh well. Its day 865 for me, so there's a icon_iceman.pngblueflag.png coming my way. I'm just gonna move on and take this as a good day in spite of Flaptain (and the ISO I wasted on him)
  • RyanL24
    RyanL24 Posts: 54
    5 Reds is really the key, I think. I have pulled 6 of them. My FalCap is 1/1/5, lol. Level 145.

Beat this one on the first try with no boosts.
  • Quebbster
    Got her on the fourth try. She almost got me, but I decided to risk a Divebomb and managed to take her out with the next match.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    It took me five failed attempts before I realized that a single divebomb with 5 covers could take her out. I was trying to bank enough AP for 2 and was about to die on that fifth try and said screw it and fired dive bomb and it took her down to less than a 1000. Of course she nuked me to death on the next turn. But it pointed me to boost R/Y AP and R/Y Damage and I killed her on my next attempt.

Got 1000 ISO in the form of a yellowflag.pngicon_nickfury.png for my 5/5/1 Fury as a reward.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    1/1/4 lvl 135 took two tries. +1 Red/yellow, +1 all, and +100% match damage. First board didn't aid me at all. Second go around had a cascade leading to plenty of yellow and red. 2 turns later and Carol was dust. Got a nice Yellow Starlord!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, superb luck for a change. Beat her first try with my 4/2/2 flaptain @147!

Awesome board luck. I got 30+ Red and 9 yellow before she fired a single power.

We match damaged each down (her from 15k to 11.5, and me from 7.7k to about 4.5) as I collected red and denied black. I actually had to 'waste' some red matches when I already had thiry as i waited for my last yellow match, and then waited for more yellow to fill the board.

At 2 covers my red only does 2000 + 300 per special tile, so I needed a lot of yellow on the board for my red to have any value.

I finally got 14 yellow in the board just as she got enough red and black to start using her powers. So yellow + 2 dive bombs, each at 6k, finished the match for me. Not sure how many matches i would have to play to get much luck again.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    0/5/0 has no path to victory, so I'm taking the day off
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2016
    3/5/5 level 145. started with 2 yellow/red ap and 5 yellos/red damage boosts. first time she got red/black that fell from above too much. second time had her to 800 health. third time added 5 all damage boosts and finished easily. she didn't get any ability off that last one.

GR black for my trouble, very needed and I think he might have a chance on his day.

I was the second in my bracket to finish her off and I'm holding off on finishing a couple of the nodes. at least 33 in my bracket have finished her, so not as bad as last time. not surprising since more have him much better covered. i'll try and update late in the day how many have made it. the following are the falcaps of lowest scores that have made it (some of the lowest are other vets hanging back.
    4/5/4 level 170
    4/4/5 level 130
    3/4/5 level 150
    5/2/5 level 188
    3/5/5 level 192
    3/5/5 level 203

wow, that didn't help at all. they were all higher-end 4* rosters (maybe all hanging back out of curiosity). and most of t10 is too. we'll see where the number ends up later.

edit @ 3:45 central: not waiting any more - there have been 44 in my bracket finish this one.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5 around 140. It took a few tries... couldn't get the red/yellow quickly enough on the first two, and the third was a black-friendly board that had me stunlocked.

Legendary became a champion level for Thor (one of my only two 4* champions)
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    I didn't have a usable Captain Falcon the first time, so I did a pair of dry runs to test out the waters. My 2/3/5 lvl 165 wasn't surviving the Red/Black combo.
    Up next was Business Time! Boosted 100% All Damage, 50% R/Y Damage, and +2 R/Y AP. This ended being a little trickier than I thought it would be, since match crit tiles tiggers her yellow. Luckily, I was able to gather enough red and yellow to down her before making any more match-5's.

Got a Black Elektra. She's already 1/5/4, so sold.