If you play an entire season and don't draw a single 5*...

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are all your 2*s, 3*s, and 4*s champed?

Once I champ Vision in a week or so, I'll have champed all 3*s. I've champed and sold many 2*s, and I'll probably do them again. I don't use 2*s other than dpd and pve required nodes, so it doesn't really matter what level most of them are.

I have a few 4*s champed.. many that need to be champed. It takes so long to level them up that it's more of a chore than something to look forward to much, especially because champed 4*s still aren't as good as a mid-level 5*s.

So I have stuff to do, but ultimately it's just spinning my wheels. Just like parts of real life!
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    mohio wrote:
    rkd80 wrote:
    Unless you are doing a BC you are greatly overstating your LTs. Assuming you are not champing anyone, your haul is:

9 - PVP
    4 - DDQ 4
    1 - Prog for season 10k
    1 - For alliance season end
    4 - PvE

Total: 19

Lets say you also champed a few, so perhaps 21 or 22.
    rkd, we're buds, but this is shoddy math...

There's 10 PvPs per season, that's 250 CP.
    Top 10 PvP each time = 20 CP (generous?)
    Over 3+ weeks let's say 5 PvE progressions, that's 125 CP
    24 days of PVE CP = 48 CP
    Top 10 PvE every sub-event = 24 CP (also perhaps generous, but could miss some and make it up with t2?)
    15 CP daily supply reward (could be 25 if he's 2+years in)
    5 LT from 5 crash of titans (over 24 days)
    1 LT season prog
    1 LT season alliance placement

So, if my math is correct that's 482 CP plus 7 LTs from other awards. That'd give 31 LT pulls in a season, pulling down near maximum amount of awards. Champion covers give various CP and and LT potentially, but I doubt you can make up a full 19 there. Maybe his alliance is generous and they don't do buyer's clubs and he gets a bunch of additional CP there too?

Appreciate the math correction, I completely missed the CPs for placement - although placement is far from guaranteed especially in PVE. PVE with its random day cycling and 2 day sub nodes makes tabulating this difficult, but I was at least 3 (60 cp) short just via collected CP and assumed that the season was shorter than it is.

I am entirely sympathetic to the op by the way, as someone who has pulled 5/86 I need not be told how aggravating this game can be, but people overstating the amount of LTs pulled does seem to be prevalent.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,399 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Is it worth it to keep playing? I'm making this debate regularly. I've hit 1300+ points every pvp, beaten every 4* ddq, won every 1 cp node in pve, so probably opened at least 50 if not more LTs in the last season.

Zero 5*s. I championed a few characters with ISO. I'm really thinking I should probably quit. I know you don't care about whether I play or not, but I'm curious what you would do if it happened to you; and I'm sure it has happened to many of you. Maybe even a few seasons without any 5* draws? If that's the case, then what makes you want to keep playing?

Unless you're in a buyer alliance, you aren't earning 50 LTs in a season. I've got 1300 every versus event, max progression every story event, every command point node, each DDQ: Crash, season, progression, alliance t100, 15 comp resupply, a few scattered alliance purchases, I've opened 30 LTs this season

i got 10 this season just with people buying and playing PVE... all 10 were 4 stars.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    It's clear the developers just don't care. This is an issue that has been brought up tons of times, starting when 5*s were announced. They have yet to even acknowledge the issue exists.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I think you're missing the point. It's more like should I even care about pulling 5s when I see players having multiple champed 5s already. Your handful of covers won't matter when facing those 450+ teams. icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif So the more relevant question is whether it's worth playing pvp when you won't ever have a shot at first place because you ain't got 450s.

Just offering a different take on the issue. icon_cool.gif
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't drawn a 5* all year, but I've only opened about 23 legendaries.
  • superho
    superho Posts: 17
    I dont know if its just me? But with the increased amount of CP currency in the game (from 1300 progression rewards) why dont people just slowly buy the covers they need?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    superho wrote:
    I dont know if its just me? But with the increased amount of CP currency in the game (from 1300 progression rewards) why dont people just slowly buy the covers they need?

Can't buy the first cover of a color. Have to draw it.
    That, plus it takes THREE SEASONS of hardcore, high level play to get enough CP (unless in a buyer alliance).
    That's about 100 legendary tokens you're giving up for a single cover, plus 3 months of no progress.
    The trade-off is way too massive until you have some colours maxed on your current 5*s.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    I feel your pain. Although I do not obtain nearly as many Ledge tokens or cp. Ive not been able to pick up a 5 star cover for some time. I only really want logan tbh.

Anyhow I have made the decision to not use my cp or ledge tokens and save them up for an entire season then do a mass opening at the end as I am sick of opening covers I don’t want let alone anyone else.

And before you say it yes I know out of those ten chances I’m probably going to end up with 8 invisible women and 2 Wurzle Gummage but at least I tried something different……
  • superho
    superho Posts: 17
    Bowgentle wrote:
    superho wrote:

Can't buy the first cover of a color. Have to draw it.
    That, plus it takes THREE SEASONS of hardcore, high level play to get enough CP (unless in a buyer alliance).
    That's about 100 legendary tokens you're giving up for a single cover, plus 3 months of no progress.
    The trade-off is way too massive until you have some colours maxed on your current 5*s.

Fair point on having the first colour of a cover.

I thought 720CP = 36 classic draws - which doesnt seem that bad when you hear stories of people on 50 pull streaks with no 5*
  • mpqr7
    Jeez, so I'll need to save for around 2 months, not opening any LTs just to buy a OML Yellow. I don't know if I can handle the waiting.

It's crazy because if odds are 10%, then theoretically, 36 token openings should provide three 5*s...

So in order to get a 5* character from 3 covers to 13 covers, you need to grind like crazy for 20 months?!?!?!?! I'm sorry, but that's just too much, especially considering that others seem to be able to do it much, much much much faster.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jmo, but I'd never spend 720 commandpointsbig.png for a 5☆ cover, unless I was @12, max leveled, and had a cover expiring. So basically, never
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Seems we're getting off topic here, despite some good posts.

This one resonates with me;
    puppychow wrote:
    I think you're missing the point. It's more like should I even care about pulling 5s when I see
    players having multiple champed 5s already. Your handful of covers won't matter when facing those 450+ teams. icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif So the more relevant question is whether it's worth playing pvp when you won't ever have a shot at first place because you ain't got 450s.

To answer OP, if you're that unhappy, I vote quit.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards

Oh, it's not that bad ... it's not that great but it's not that bad.

If—IF!—you hit all the max progs in PVE and PVP, pry all the CP off the PVE nodes, place t10 in all PVPs (doable if you avoid insane slices), and yeah do a once/month Stark buy club, you can buy a 5* cover every month-and-a-half!

I don't do all that ... yet since CP dropped, I've had enough CP to buy 2 5* covers. I haven't, but I could have.

Every 28 days:

12 PvP = 300CP from progression, 12 more from top 25
    Generally speaking it's 6-8 PvE, depending what runs. That's 150-200 more, +56 (2x28 days of subs), + some placement depending on your PvE going.
    25 from 10k season
    15-25 from daily resupply

That adds to the 550-625 range or so. One buyers club and you can just about buy a 5* once a season if you're a vet and very dedicated.
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    firethorne wrote:
    "Random progression is awesome!" said no player, ever.

In these threads at least... Theirs people out there that are on the far better end of luck, enjoying their beefy old man logans, and just playing, thinking they earned it. In the minds of the fortunate, its not random, its fate.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Hendross wrote:
    Seems we're getting off topic here, despite some good posts.

This one resonates with me;
    puppychow wrote:
    I think you're missing the point. It's more like should I even care about pulling 5s when I see
    players having multiple champed 5s already. Your handful of covers won't matter when facing those 450+ teams. icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif So the more relevant question is whether it's worth playing pvp when you won't ever have a shot at first place because you ain't got 450s.

To answer OP, if you're that unhappy, I vote quit.

That "resonates" with you? If deciding you have no shot at 1st place, a finish only 0.2% of players are graced with in each event, turns you off from PVP, then yes, due to holding such a narrow view, you should probably quit pvp.

I have no shot at first place, but that does not turn me off, else I would quit. Personally I'm content with a casually playing top 25 with no 5 stars. I found the observation interesting, since it doesn't matter if you have 1 cover or 10, you're not going to win.
  • I used to be a good MPQer, diligently hitting every token I could, while usually taking offseason PvP off.
    Then I realized even if I play as hard as I can the resource income just isn't there to have a completed roster before the server doomsday.
    So now i'm "free" and not a slave to every single event and token, just play for fun till they overhaul the system.
    A big part of this realization was after pulling my 6th Purple Pheonix cover and not pulling a single Green or Red, I contacted support and asked for a trade in, they calmly replied "no can do sir" and I realized the game was broken and missing a cover for a 5 star till doomsday is not impossible, or even that improbable.
    Match 3 and have fun bros.
  • cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    A 5* star cover being the last 4* champion reward would still be painfully slow, but at least you would know you were working toward a definite goal (vs a high% chance of frustration)
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    hurcules wrote:
    I would quit if I were in your shoes.

Are you stalking them? How do you know they wear shoes? Maybe they wear boots or even go foot commando (TM pending).

If you stalking, please don't block my van with the dark windows. I called dibs on that line of sight first.
  • mpqr7
    Okay, so this morning, I finally broke the streak. Phoenix Purple. It's been about two months, so from pvp, pve, alliance purchases, championing etc, I've opened approximately 72 tokens.

If I had known that it would've been that long of a streak, I would've saved all my CP to buy two covers for my OML, instead of getting one 5* and 71,000 ISO (ie the same ISO most people could get with minimal effort by playing for a week or less). I suppose I gained a few crucial covers for various 4*s, but most of it went into the trash bin.

I've heard of worse streaks.. 100+... but I don't know it seems like one new cover every 2 months is pretty slow, for someone who hits 1300 on every pvp, wins all 4* ddqs, gets most cp from pve nodes and sometimes 25cp from pve. It's a lot of effort for very little return. I guess I'll just focus on champing random 4*s for eternity...........