Free for All Tournament.

Options
2»

Comments

• Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hi Bainee. IIRC, you were at the top of my bracket for the unstable ISO-8 event with a ridiculous lead. Slightly off-topic, but you mind me asking what team you used for that?

Haven't actually started the tournament yet, I'm not sure if I want to jump on for an early 1200 for the HP reward, or just wait till friday to jump in. But if the point loss is indeed lower, that would be awesome to say the least and would definitely incentivise me to start early.

I farmed about 1500 points off of the Moonstone (7 ISO) repeatable. I was using the default spiderman, lvl 71 storm and lvl 81 Thor. Each match the AI made would set off Tempest, I generally got three Tempests off before the default spidey would die. This would kill Bullseye and Draken leaving just the lvl 150 muscle with ~5k HP left. The three Tempest hits gave me 18 Red AP so I was able to fire three of Thors Mighty Mjolnar's off right away and this generally charged up the Thunder strike to finish him off. The whole match took less than two minutes.

For this free for all event I am running a lvl 115 Ragonark, 85 Thor and 72 Spiderman. My hope is once Spiderman is lvl 141 no one will want to bother with the 18k plus combined HP, and find a softer target. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Bah - I dumped my Jugg as well. Have 1 cover in my cache and that's it. 200% on him is just brutal. Kinda of a bummer to level up a cover for the tourney when he is not so good without the 200% (*cough*captain america*cough*). May be a good candidate for using the storm tempest strategy since Jugg will be handing out a beating.
  • Bainee wrote:
    For this free for all event I am running a lvl 115 Ragonark, 85 Thor and 72 Spiderman. My hope is once Spiderman is lvl 141 no one will want to bother with the 18k plus combined HP, and find a softer target. icon_e_smile.gif

Sounds like a challenge, I have that combination available icon_e_smile.gif Bring it on... icon_twisted.gif

The 200% buff for Juggernaut is pretty sick, the way I have interpreted it, his self harming on Headbutt stays the same, but the damage dealt is insanely high. Going to be interested to see how many people incorporate this into their squad, players who have invested in Jugs are going to be more than a little happy I expect.
  • I'm thinking my team for this is going to be Juggernaut (L17 and rising), Classic Storm (L60), and Iron Man Model 40 (L20, all three colors). The Recharge power combined with Headbutt is just too good to ignore since the AI tends to ignore countdown tiles.
  • The Juggernaut damage is crazy, but his high HP is preventing me from raging tempesting my way to victory. How dare you actually make me play instead of afking through reaction abilities.
  • looks like you'll have to bring classic storm to your battles to use her board clearing green and all team blue stun destruction. oh poor you.

icon_razz.gifPPPPPP
  • Wow it looks like another incredibly hard bracket for me.
    Almost everyone is more than twice my levels.

I thought they worked out an average across all your tournaments but I have only done really well in one tournament and was in the lowest ranking for almost all lightning tournaments and the venom one as the opponents were too tough.
    Makes it very hard to level up and catch up as each battle is a struggle.
    Also unlucky me has only got the 70 iso reward all morning

Oh well never give up is my motto, the fight continues
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Wow it looks like another incredibly hard bracket for me.
    Almost everyone is more than twice my levels.

I thought they worked out an average across all your tournaments but I have only done really well in one tournament and was in the lowest ranking for almost all lightning tournaments and the venom one as the opponents were too tough.
    Makes it very hard to level up and catch up as each battle is a struggle.
    Also unlucky me has only got the 70 iso reward all morning

Oh well never give up is my motto, the fight continues
    You can fight anyone regardless of bracket, but are ranked within that subset of players. We also don't just average across Tourneys, we keep a running total that spans across multiple Tourneys. So ending up at around 140 rating in a Tourney isn't going to bring you down if you just gained rating and didn't lose any. It's more complex than this, but a simple way of thinking of it is to imagine that your MM rating is a total of all attacks and defenses since you've started.
  • Thanks I think that's a bit clearer and understand its a simplified description.

But if I read it right although I am getting attacked and beaten constantly I am actually not losing much rating because they are all much higher rated then me.
    I also suspect they are not gaining much rating so its probably more the ISO reward is the goal

But doesn't that then mean I am locked in the same subset until I get more powerful and lose more rating when I am attacked?
    But then I am more powerful so probably should be in this subset.

If I understand correctly than isn't this a viscous circle as it is very hard for me to get more powerful as the battles are difficult and I need to win them to get the ISO reward to level my guys and not doing well in tournaments doesn't lower my subset.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Thanks I think that's a bit clearer and understand its a simplified description.

But if I read it right although I am getting attacked and beaten constantly I am actually not losing much rating because they are all much higher rated then me.
    I also suspect they are not gaining much rating so its probably more the ISO reward is the goal

But doesn't that then mean I am locked in the same subset until I get more powerful and lose more rating when I am attacked?
    But then I am more powerful so probably should be in this subset.

If I understand correctly than isn't this a viscous circle as it is very hard for me to get more powerful as the battles are difficult and I need to win them to get the ISO reward to level my guys and not doing well in tournaments doesn't lower my subset.
    I suppose that's one way to describe what you're seeing. Another way to look at it is that you're being matched up against players that are doing about as well as you are overall, so they should in theory be a challenge to you and you to them. If you're fighting "out of your league" and beating opponents more powerful than you should, you'll end up either being beaten back down by the stronger higher players or brought down by lower players that are doing the same to you as you do to the higher ups. The end result is that eventually you'll end up fighting around your level of opponent. Which is ever shifting since people are always winning and losing. Think a modified Elo (Yes, I know that's a link to the LoL wiki. The description there is much more understandable than the Wikipedia article.)
  • Thanks IceIX

So I guess the motto is patience and it will sort itself out.
    Until then I will do the best I can and dream about the higher ranked rewards
  • I think this tourney proved one thing.

Loki is bottom tier trash. Even if he has 200% buff and not 75%, it hardly matters.
  • Bombul wrote:
    I think this tourney proved one thing.

Loki is bottom tier trash. Even if he has 200% buff and not 75%, it hardly matters.
    He's situational. Right now the meta game is filled with Thor, c.Storm, Juggs, because they're easy to obtain. He is a hard counter to certain characters like Daken or Bullseye.