Women of Power: Celebrating Women's History Month

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone -

Many of you may have noticed that we have some awesome new comic cover variants (10 to be exact) in the game for Women of Power this month. Head over to the Entertainment Weekly interview with Marvel's Sana Amanant and Bill Rosemann below about the Marvel Games special event and for more details in Marvel Puzzle Quest, please visit our FAQ.

Stay tuned for a special PVP in the coming days featuring all of the women in Marvel Puzzle Quest.

Thanks!

Entertainment Weekly Interview with Sana Amanant and Bill Rosemann
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/02/marvel-celebrates-women-power-launch

FAQ
https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=news-updated-03-01-16&f=women-of-power-celebrating-women-s-history-month-mar-1-2016

Comments

• TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Nice to see we'll be getting some temporary replacement cover art at the same time the other games are getting characters. ;P

j/k, I'm not even hating, I know y'all gotta do it for the franchise. Besides, god knows we get 2-3 characters every month that we can't keep up with! XD

Cool to hear about the updates to the other games. I do play Marvel Heroes 2016, and I've 100% LEGO Marvel's Avengers. Heck, I even "play" Avengers Academy. Dunno why cow-clicker games appeal to me so much, at least temporarily.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    do we get to keep any like we did last year? cause Scarlet Witch, Shulk and X-23's covers are way better than the originals
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Who is the one in the black and silver costume with all the crow shadows in the background?
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mockingbird when? please.
  • TheWerebison
    killercool wrote:
    Who is the one in the black and silver costume with all the crow shadows in the background?

That's gotta be Mockingbird, right? I assume just because of her choice of weapon.

edit: Too late!
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice to see we'll be getting some temporary replacement cover art at the same time the other games are getting characters. ;P

j/k, I'm not even hating, I know y'all gotta do it for the franchise. Besides, god knows we get 2-3 characters every month that we can't keep up with! XD

Cool to hear about the updates to the other games. I do play Marvel Heroes 2016, and I've 100% LEGO Marvel's Avengers. Heck, I even "play" Avengers Academy. Dunno why cow-clicker games appeal to me so much, at least temporarily.

We /are/ getting a new female character this month.
  • TheWerebison
    Pylgrim wrote:

We /are/ getting a new female character this month.

Ya, I figured, I found it funny the article didn't mention it, just the cover art. But then again, they probably assumed we'd know we'd be getting more characters.

Oh man, it's gotta be Mockingbird. *fingers crossed*
  • mazerat
    mazerat Posts: 118
    I love these new covers! Can we keep them, pretty please?
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    I lovvvvve Squirrel Girl's. PLEASE don't revert back to that other ridiculous one, of her baking a cake.

Ew.
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Well it's better than last year, when they nerfed 4or to celebrate Women of Marvel Month.

I came here to say this.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    I get why some people would want an update from the classic art, but I really don't like the Scarlet Witch cover. Something about her face just looks off. I personally would prefer this one instead:Scarlet-Witch-1-61f55.jpg

Dino is the other one I don't really like, but that's also because I really hope we get the orginial Kirby art back after this month.

The others are awesome, though.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    I love so many of these, and hope we have a forum vote like last year for which to keep around vs which to revert to their previous ones!
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Please let us keep the art! Or allow a user chose for which art we have? That would be very awesome.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    TLCstormz wrote:
    I lovvvvve Squirrel Girl's. PLEASE don't revert back to that other ridiculous one, of her baking a cake.

Ew.

Ironically, the cake baking is, unfortunately, symbolic of the current PvP meta.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    My favourite is the X-23. I really hope she gets to keep it. It looks great both small and big.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Der_Lex wrote:
    I get why some people would want an update from the classic art, but I really don't like the Scarlet Witch cover. Something about her face just looks off. I personally would prefer this one instead:Scarlet-Witch-1-61f55.jpg

Dino is the other one I don't really like, but that's also because I really hope we get the orginial Kirby art back after this month.

The others are awesome, though.

This SWitch is awesome.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Der_Lex wrote:
    I get why some people would want an update from the classic art, but I really don't like the Scarlet Witch cover.

I think the current art is brilliant. The pose, the angle and the lighting make her nose look really big and imposing, like a traditional witch.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I would not object at all if these were kept as the regular covers. While she's not someone I have rostered, I think that the star.png Black Widow is a particular improvement over the cheesecake that normally is presented for her.
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! We appreciate all the comments and I'll be sure to share these with the team.

Can't wait for the Versus Event this month!
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    LakeStone wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! We appreciate all the comments and I'll be sure to share these with the team.

Can't wait for the Versus Event this month!

No, thank you for communicating with us and interacting with us on the forum.