OTHER alternate art you would like to see

Tryke
Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
The women of power event has given us some new alternate covers to look at and it got me wondering about some other characters that could benefit from something new. While I certainly respect using some of the old classic covers like original spiderman and quicksilver, I do prefer modern artwork and imagery.

An example I have for a different artstyle for an existing character, Doc Ock (yes I know this is a movie poster and not a comic cover, it's just an example).
05e836ebc0967315b120bd20fcf7602b.jpg

Any covers you feel could seriously use an update?

Comments

• Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't like the R&G one, the over-detailed coloring bothers me.

I also don't like the covers by any of the Gregs (Horn and Land).
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like this for Captain Marvel
    326251._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

I kinda want Vision's cover updating too
    portrait_incredible.jpg

Saw this for Invisible woman and I think it's the best cover I've seen for her.
    06f6d1ba5f9ad3975665aa70fd4e1fd8.jpg

Psylocke I'd just like seeing given an art update. Her hair always looked really greasy to me.
    I'd like Iron Man to get a visual update, too. His armour looks too dull, needs more shine. Also need some of this bad-boy in the game
    4609451-cgxpp4ww0aa15zr.jpg

Everything else I'm okay with.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Heh, this should be the cover for OML:
    61s7EqhPIHL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    I would like to see them do a Skottie Young cover theme. example of one of his covers:

5040fcc79929f.jpg
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love Scottie Young. We need a Scottie Young Varient Month or something, just change everything to his stuff.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Heh, this should be the cover for OML:
    61s7EqhPIHL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    And why? There's nothing in common.

For OML I'd prefer this one:
    cover.jpg
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I think that thematic changes should happen more frequently, and I'd love to have a "classic" month (with artwork by artists active in the sixties/seventies era: ditko, steranko, kirby, etc.; of course, this couldn't apply to all characters, but that's how variant covers work already).
  • Razamataz
    Razamataz Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Since the new alternate covers are just of the new ones on sale now I'd like to see them change all covers over to newer ones or ones they are in,as about 70% of ingame characters have there own comic.
  • Cousin Simpson
    You guys, my DOFP post is a joke.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Posted this in the other topic, but here's a short list of artwork I'd like to see in-game:
    http://imgur.com/a/OXONE

My personal favourite is this one for Captain Marvel - basically because it's what Hypersonic Punch should look like:
    bgzxiDB.jpg
  • who cares about the cover? They can all be black squares for all i care.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    A cosplay cover month would be awesome if they used good cosplayers this time around. The last ones were meh.

And I third the call for a Skottie Young cover month.
  • The only cover I REALLY want changes is Scarlet Witch's, only because her cover doesn't match her game artwork and that really goshdarn bothers me.

But I'm also like, ARE there Scarlet Witch covers that have her movie-outfit?
  • Norrin Radd
    Norrin Radd Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Frasaria wrote:
    who cares about the cover? They can all be black squares for all i care.

Yeah no one cares about the covers of comic books in a comic book themed game. Let's just take out all the art, animations, and sound...

But for real. Last year they kept a few of the variants as permanent I think, so I hope they at least keep Scarlett witch's cause that one is awesome, though I do enjoy the old school one as well.
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    I think Dr. Doom, Cyclops (3-star), and Star-Lord could use new covers.

Also wouldn't mind if for future X-Men characters if they stopped using X-Men #1's cover, even though it is an awesome cover.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    God yes, please change that Doc Ock cover. Whomever thought that he should go from pudgy, fashion-senseless middle-aged man to leather-clad, slick-haired hipster doesn't understand the character at all.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2016
    Original Black Widow needs a new cover, that art never really worked for me and she's barely in it.

I like the doom cover, but if you got to replace it....

Uncanny_X-Men_Vol_1_145_UK_Variant.jpg

BALLER.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Pylgrim wrote:
    God yes, please change that Doc Ock cover. Whomever thought that he should go from pudgy, fashion-senseless middle-aged man to leather-clad, slick-haired hipster doesn't understand the character at all.

They'd have to change the in-game art, too. Which is a shame, his main pose looks like a younger Jack Nicholson, and it makes me grin.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:

They'd have to change the in-game art, too. Which is a shame, his main pose looks like a younger Jack Nicholson, and it makes me grin.

Hahah, that's true.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd definitely prefer more "full body" shots on the covers, less "extreme close-up on the head/face" shots. Professor X, Juggernaut, Kingpin are all proudly showing off their "chrome domes", and poor Jean goes from "brooding fire eyes" to just a giant eyeball.