**** Quake (Daisy Johnson) ****

Cthulhu
Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
edited January 2017 in Character Details
Quake (Daisy Johnson) icon_quake.png
4 Star Rarity (Legendary) Wiki Link
At Max Level: HP: 13995 Tile Damage: 74/11/65/13/83/12/4.0x
    Earthquake - 11 greentile.png AP
    Everything around Quake shakes and trembles as buildings collapse and the earth rips open at her feet. Deals 361 damage to the enemy team and shuffles the gameboard.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Deals 598 damage to the enemy team and shuffles the gameboard. Level 3: Deals 835 damage to the enemy team and shuffles the gameboard. Level 4: Deals 1309 damage to the enemy team and shuffles the gameboard. Level 5: Deals 2257 damage to the enemy team and shuffles the gameboard.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Deals 1628 damage to the enemy team and shuffles the gameboard. Level 4: Deals 2552 damage to the enemy team and shuffles the gameboard. Level 5: Deals 4401 damage to the enemy team and shuffles the gameboard.

Coordinated Tactics - 0 yellowtile.png AP
    (PASSIVE) Daisy works quickly and methodically behind the scenes to hack comms systems, gather intelligence, and keep her team out of harm’s way. Reduces damage from enemy powers that affect the whole team by 415. (To a minimum of 1).
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Reduces damage from enemy powers that affect the whole team by 581. Level 3: Reduces damage from enemy powers that affect the whole team by 747. Level 4: Reduces damage from enemy powers that affect the whole team by 1079. Level 5: Reduces damage from enemy powers that affect the whole team by 1743.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Reduces damage from enemy powers that affect the whole team by 1454. Level 4: Reduces damage from enemy powers that affect the whole team by 2101. Level 5: Reduces damage from enemy powers that affect the whole team by 3394.

Resonance Frequency - 7 bluetile.png AP
    Quake emits a high intensity, precision vibration aimed at the enemy’s weak point. Select a tile and destroy up to 3 random tiles of that color. Does not generate ap.

Note: Selected tile includes special tiles!
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Select a tile and destroy up to 4 random tiles of that color. Level 3: Select a tile and destroy up to 5 random tiles of that color. Level 4: Select a tile and destroy up to 6 random tiles of that color. Level 5: Select a tile and destroy up to 8 random tiles of that color.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Select a tile and destroy up to 5 random tiles of that color. Level 4: Select a tile and destroy up to 6 random tiles of that color. Level 5: Select a tile and destroy up to 8 random tiles of that color.

Comments

• moogles85
      moogles85 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
      Q-Q-Q-Quakeeee aka Daisy Johnson
    • TxMoose
      TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
      blue sounds meh - targeted version of rulk red? and costs 7 ap? maybe it will include cds - would be helpful for goons. yellow is interesting against the jeans and rulks of the world, but useless against the hbs and cykes of the world. green is an expensive nuke, similar to cmags - ish. interested in seeing the specifics, but not overwhelmed.
    • SolidQ
      SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
      TxMoose wrote:
      blue sounds meh - targeted version of rulk red? .
      You can choose tile. So cascades possible icon_e_wink.gif
    • Pylgrim
      Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
      TxMoose wrote:
      blue sounds meh - targeted version of rulk red? and costs 7 ap? maybe it will include cds - would be helpful for goons. yellow is interesting against the jeans and rulks of the world, but useless against the hbs and cykes of the world. green is an expensive nuke, similar to cmags - ish. interested in seeing the specifics, but not overwhelmed.

Pretty sure that's the 1-cover description. 5 covers may destroy more tiles and maybe, non-basics.
    • Der_Lex
      Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
      It also doesn't specify if green is single character damage or team damage. Green tends to be a team damage color.
    • stochasticism
      stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
      Der_Lex wrote:
      It also doesn't specify if green is single character damage or team damage. Green tends to be a team damage color.

If the ability falls in line with the character we think it is it should be team damage.
    • SolidQ
      SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
      Der_Lex wrote:
      Maybe they change to Single target? But let's hope that is incorrect text icon_e_smile.gif
    • Pylgrim
      Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
      Green can do single-target damage if it's attached to board destruction. There are several examples of it.
    • mega ghost
      mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
      mega ghost wrote:
      Ok, I'm convinced. Quake it is. I imagine her abilities could be fun. I see one big, board-shake move (possibly destroying team-up tiles like Classic Magneto, or maybe even at higher levels a color of choice), and something more targeted, destroying selected tiles and tiles around it (targeting countdowns, etc.) The third ability could be something espionage-related, possibly a passive like 2-star Black Widow's.

Well, I wasn't TOO far off! The board-shake move seems to be a combination of Loki's 'Illusions' and Magneto's 'Magnetized Projectiles' instead of something akin to his 'Polarizing Force,' the targeted attack affects tiles of the same color instead of tiles within proximity, and she does have a passive that's much better than the one I imagined that undermines the enemy team.

I'm into it. She sounds like she'll be excellent in PvE, potentially annihilating goon countdowns and just plain nullifying all of the 'Flamethrower,' 'Rocket Launcher,' 'Silent Strike,' 'Detonate,' etc. to the point where you can just IGNORE the countdowns entirely. For PvP, I imagine you'll only bring her around as a specialized tool against certain characters (i.e. she's an All-New X-Men Jean Grey neutralizer.)
    • mega ghost
      mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
      mega ghost wrote:
      For PvP, I imagine you'll only bring her around as a specialized tool against certain characters (i.e. she's an All-New X-Men Jean Grey neutralizer.)

And for the record, I much prefer this approach to dealing with overpowered characters: creating a character that serves as their foil instead of just nerfing them. It's also just better business sense. Now everyone will want the overpowered character and the character that protects them against said overpowered character when on the enemy team, instead of just wanting to sell back the nerfed character they were once clamoring for.
    • Bobbyeter
      Bobbyeter Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
      Emma Frost?
    • slidecage
      slidecage Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
      7 day event for a new person.. Pass

i mean look at the past 2 months i dont think the new star has ever been used besides the PVE that follows ... maybe join on monday and hope for a fresh bracket
    • ronin_san
      ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
      viewtopic.php?style=1&f=21&t=30757

I guessed two of the three colors. I wonder what comic cover they will use.
    • Jathro
      Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
      Hopefully this cover...
      Earthquake-WWF.jpg
    • bobbyfish
      bobbyfish Posts: 299
      so Green is shuffle, ala Loki, rather than Thunderous Clap style destruction? That's quite interesting. Depends on the damage I guess. Otherwise, nothing spectacular, but Quake is a cool character to add I guess
    • Tatercat
      Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
      It's an interesting set of powers that looks fun to pay. The yellow sounds like the one to get, which means it will likely be the Top 10 reward. If they really wanted to shake up PVP, they'd make it the top 100 one.

And they do seem to fit the earthquake powers. Even yellow could act as a team shield of stone being thrown up. Is this really in debuting in ISO Brotherhood? That seems much more last minute than they usually are. Normally we see these posts a week ahead of time. Guess we should check the usual websites today for announcement.

If it is Quake, I'm curious what cover they'll use too. she's not on many, this is the only one I can think of offhand:

portrait_incredible.jpg
    • Tatercat
      Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
      Jathro wrote:
      Hopefully this cover...
      Earthquake-WWF.jpg

He'll always be The Shark to me:
      Sharknum1_display_image.jpg
    • Philly484
      Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
      The Yellow doesn't make sense for Daisy. I know she has Psi Shields and she is immune to her own seismic manipulation, but stone doesnt help protect against psychic attacks. I could see it being Emma Frost in that many instances she goes Diamond Form and take the brunt of an attack for her team, + she is immune to psychic attacks when in diamond Form. If this character is geared toward being a counter for All New X-Men Jean, then yes it really does make sense for it to be Emma. I mean it could be daisy if they are trying to promote current Marvel trends with Agents of Shield and she would be another Inhuman to add. I just don't think the yellow makes sense for her power set unless it a wall of stone, and even then it wouldn't protect against a very powerful psychic attack in marvel comicverse.
    • simonsez
      simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
      Philly484 wrote:
      it really does make sense for it to be Emma.
      It's Quake. Really. For sure. I'd really like to avoid 3 more pages of guessing and speculation.
    • simonsez
      simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
      Tatercat wrote:
      The yellow sounds like the one to get
      I was thinking 5/3/5. Blue is going to make sure JG never gets the AP to get her abilities off in the first place.