Meto5000 Posts: 583
edited March 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Just wondering icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• EDUSAN
    EDUSAN Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    i, for one, want to know if there are plans to release you cards soon
  • I'm more interested in a fix of the bug that lets some people fight low levels with their level 50s in qb.
  • Rootbreaker
    Rootbreaker Posts: 396
    Options
    Nerimos wrote:
    I'm more interested in a fix of the bug that lets some people fight low levels with their level 50s in qb.
    That only happened to me the day of the patch. It seemed to get fixed real quick.
  • Nerimos wrote:
    I'm more interested in a fix of the bug that lets some people fight low levels with their level 50s in qb.
    That only happened to me the day of the patch. It seemed to get fixed real quick.

In the bug section people say that it still happens to them.
  • Brainstormin
    Options
    If I play QB with my Lvl 50 Chandra my opponent is always below level 5. Still.
  • If I play QB with my Lvl 50 Chandra my opponent is always below level 5. Still.

I both hate and envy you. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have sort of given up on this game. The battles feel like such a grind that I can barely keep myself logging in once a day for my little piece of cheese (3 times a day if I want a couple of small crackers to go with my cheese).

It's funny that Clash Royale has sort had the same soft release/full release cycle and has come out with such a polished game. I log in and play games on that even when there are no more rewards simply because the game is fun.
  • The_Leftist
    The_Leftist Posts: 224
    Options
    It's a fun game, regardless of all the chaos and bugs and whatnot.

The killer part is the lack of communication from developers which has been an issue since release.

I know they are hard at work on the game, but taking a few minutes each week to keep the player base updated on plans would go a long ways.

And it doesn't help that the little communication we get is very vague. They say that they don't want to say anything that might change, or give us deadlines that won't be reached, but I for one, would be very understanding that these things happen. I would much rather get a "Hey guys. We aren't going to be able to do what we wanted with -Insert game idea here- because of such and such. This is our new idea instead" or a "Sorry, but our plans to release new content next week have been pushed a bit" instead of nothing at all.

It's also slightly upsetting when I log on to check the forums and see a Developer is also logged on, and then they don't even say anything to anyone. Again, I know they are busy, but just popping in to say hey, or nice idea, or that probably won't work, would raise moral overall and keep us interested.
  • Hey everyone!

A little update is indeed needed and since the rest of the team is crazy busy, I'll give the quick hello on their behalf.

The devs will be on in the near future to give you guys a bigger update. In addition to being super crazy, we are also in the middle of a winter storm. To those that are also going through this, you know that it slows down productivity because it is harder to get around and colds are hitting in full force. Needless to say, at least every member of the team fell ill at one point or another since the last update.

We've also been hard at work trying to fix some of the worst bugs that have been plaguing players. Not everyone is affected or will care about this but we want everyone to enjoy the game so we are putting a bit of effort in fixing these too.

Finally, we are getting ready for the next BIG update. Like, crazy big. So much new stuff, it will really add another depth to the game. I'll leave the actual devs to tell you what this entails.

Well, I've got to go back but I'll keep checking the forums (mainly for issues though) and passing on your feedback and suggestions to the team.

Take care everyone!
  • Thx for the answer. Every information is welcome.
    We've also been hard at work trying to fix some of the worst bugs that have been plaguing players. Not everyone is affected or will care about this but we want everyone to enjoy the game so we are putting a bit of effort in fixing these too.
    The biggest problem with the Max level vs Low level bug is that not everyone is affected. This leaves everybody else with a big disadvantage.

So in a way the people that don't experience this bug are the ones that are affected the most by it.
  • Point taken. For players who are affected by this, we will need them to PM me their UID's.
  • Hibernum_JC
    Hibernum_JC Posts: 318 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's a fun game, regardless of all the chaos and bugs and whatnot.

The killer part is the lack of communication from developers which has been an issue since release.

I know they are hard at work on the game, but taking a few minutes each week to keep the player base updated on plans would go a long ways.

And it doesn't help that the little communication we get is very vague. They say that they don't want to say anything that might change, or give us deadlines that won't be reached, but I for one, would be very understanding that these things happen. I would much rather get a "Hey guys. We aren't going to be able to do what we wanted with -Insert game idea here- because of such and such. This is our new idea instead" or a "Sorry, but our plans to release new content next week have been pushed a bit" instead of nothing at all.

It's also slightly upsetting when I log on to check the forums and see a Developer is also logged on, and then they don't even say anything to anyone. Again, I know they are busy, but just popping in to say hey, or nice idea, or that probably won't work, would raise moral overall and keep us interested.

As Marie said, we've been through a lot here (snowstorms, a sweeping cold that was caught by pretty much everyone on the team, etc) but it's no excuse for a lack of updates.

As for the being vague and such, the problem is that while you as a player would understand, a lot of other players wouldn't. We still need to be careful, as things can and do change, and I certainly don't want to say "Feature X will be released at time Y!" and then we hit unexpected delays and we end up disappointing a huge portion of our userbase. As a player and as a dev I find that frustrating, so we end up not committing ourselves too much on these things as to not create a lot of unnecessary noise.

Lastly, as for some of us being logged on without talking, some of it is just us browsing and looking for overall community sentiment, looking for potential bugs, etc. I wouldn't take it personally - it's really not that we don't want to talk, but I think we'd all agree that you'd rather us focusing on making the game better! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Point taken. For players who are affected by this, we will need them to PM me their UID's.

You're asking people to self-report a bug that gives them an advantage? I don't think I need to type much more than that.
  • The_Leftist
    Options
    Thank you for the responses! And I do understand your points. Glad you took the time to let me/us know that you are keeping an eye out for us. Really excited for the new update and notes! And aside from the communication, this is really a great game. You've done a wonderful job thus far, and I'm sure once the ball gets rolling, we will hear from you more in the future.
  • The_Leftist
    Options
    kore wrote:
    Point taken. For players who are affected by this, we will need them to PM me their UID's.

You're asking people to self-report a bug that gives them an advantage? I don't think I need to type much more than that.

Indeed. I'll admit I've kept a few things to myself including:

Pyromancers Goggles is too strong. Getting up to a 24/24 soldier out or doing up to 24 damage to each opponent creature is crazy. A few of us have been able to amass 60+/60+ soldiers before dealing the up to 90 damage to win. Also, I'm not sure if it's just Jace, but if you play goggles and Jace uses his activate 7 Ability, matching his gems activate goggles. I was able to get a 40/40 soldier out in one turn because a match 5 + next move ended up destroying a total of 5 activated nodes, and goggles only generates a maximum of 3.

Goggles also makes the last card in your hand free with a full hand instead of the last spell. Very easy to get a high cost creature out without having to pay mana.

Not many people seem to have figured it out, but I assure you that at least a few of us are running rampant with this card.
  • kore wrote:
    Point taken. For players who are affected by this, we will need them to PM me their UID's.

Indeed. I'll admit I've kept a few things to myself including:

Pyromancers Goggles is too strong. Getting up to a 24/24 soldier out or doing up to 24 damage to each opponent creature is crazy. A few of us have been able to amass 60+/60+ soldiers before dealing the up to 90 damage to win. Also, I'm not sure if it's just Jace, but if you play goggles and Jace uses his activate 7 Ability, matching his gems activate goggles. I was able to get a 40/40 soldier out in one turn because a match 5 + next move ended up destroying a total of 5 activated nodes, and goggles only generates a maximum of 3.

Goggles also makes the last card in your hand free with a full hand instead of the last spell. Very easy to get a high cost creature out without having to pay mana.

Not many people seem to have figured it out, but I assure you that at least a few of us are running rampant with this card.
    Definitely sounds like some of those interactions are bugged, but is it good without the bugs?

If it's still good, then you're talking about a 25 mana support that requires activation and a deck designed to take advantage. If you can't activate it before it's destroyed then it's a 25 mana 1-for-1 that did nothing or a 1-for-0 if they kill it with matches only. I think you deserve a pretty game-breaking result if you're willing to invest that much into it.

You're doing basically nothing for 3 turns while filling it and then you still need another turn to activate it during which it's vulnerable and no guarantee to activate. Clearly it needs bug fixing, but I'm not sure it needs balancing. Combos should be able to win games if they're pretty difficult to make work.
  • The_Leftist
    Options
    Perhaps bring it down in shield life? It starts at 3 shield lives. I use it a lot, and have yet to see someone destroy it before I got more free spells worth of mana than mana I spent on goggles. Maybe the next card set will include more support counters to help it as well
  • Pyro goggles is barely usable with the bugs lol.

It is godawful by itself. Also, completely unnecessary.
  • I'm more interested in hearing why 25 dollar big boxes are yielding 0 - 3 rares.
  • The_Leftist
    Options
    Trolltim wrote:
    I'm more interested in hearing why 25 dollar big boxes are yielding 0 - 3 rares.

I made a post dedicated to pretty much this. Hoping to hear from them sooner than later