It takes WAY too long to earn CPs

2»

Comments

• Slarow
    Slarow Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    kalex716 wrote:
    Slarow wrote:

A mediocre 3* team can hit max progression on PVE, it scales. It takes work, but it isn't impossible once you have some good 3*s. As far as PVP, if you can't hit 1300, then you are not advanced enough to be warranting getting a 4/5* token every single day as described above. You need to hit 1k for a while to build up your 4* roster, and save the cp you do get on PVE for direct cover purchases instead of random pulls until you get a team that you can hit 1300 with.

You need to rethink your advice. If you can't get 1300, you're not advanced enough to warrant getting 4 star tokens? Do you recognize how unrealistic it is to get 1300 without 4 stars in the first place?

I didn't say you're not advanced enough to warrant getting 4 star tokens. Read the qualifier at the end again:
    Slarow wrote:
    if you can't hit 1300, then you are not advanced enough to be warranting getting a 4/5* token every single day as described above.
    If you don't have a 4* roster, then the 1k prog reward and the pve CP's are what you get. Once you get a good 4* roster, you can start pulling in the tokens at a rate of one a day via the 1300 prog reward.

Don't twist peoples words when you are trying to make a point, it makes others less sympathetic to your cause.
  • MaxxPowerz wrote:
    halirin wrote:
    I regularly hit 1000 with just three stars. That's without shielding. It is easier when I have two good synergistic 166+ as boosted, but it's not a requirement.

I'm finally getting to a point where a couple of my 4*s are viable, so that's pretty nice.

Certainly wouldn't turn down more easy cp, but I don't think the current flow is crazy.

With all due respect, I find this kind of hard to believe. You're doing this without shields? I've heard of people with 4* rosters that have to shield before they hit 1000. At what point does the difficulty begin to ramp up for you? At what point do the Jeanbusters start to rear their ugly heads?

For me to accomplish this I would probably have to sit out of PVP for a whole season and let the scaling resettle. It's not that I have a bunch of crazy over leveled characters that my roster can't handle, I just picked up my first 5* cover the other day. I've tried everything I can think of, but I still run into a lot of stiff competition at about the 600-700 level. At that point if I don't throw up a shield I'm most likely going to drop a couple hundred points in a few hours.

he probably doesn't have a 5 on his roster so his max character is below 170. I was able to get to 800+ when i didn't have a 5 on my roster, now that i have 2 and my next best character is 178 i am in the same boat as you, push to 650 shield, push to 800+ shied, if i am lucky push to 1k shield. I am going up against 4 maxed when i get to the 800+ level at all times with my puny 3 roster. they need to fix the scaling issue that 5s created for the max 3 rosters before they need to worry about getting more CP in the game.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Earning Command Points isn't supposed to be easy. It is, generally speaking, a reward for a game well played. Personally, I'm not good at PVP but I can put the effort into PVE events and earn commandpoints.png that way. I've made it to full event points for the last two PVE stories and earned all of the commandpoints.png available within the missions. No, it isn't easy. Yes, I think it's worth it.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    By way of counterexample: I just drew an icon_iceman.pngpurpleflag.png that I can't use because mine is 2/5/5. If I decide to save up CP so I can buy his third greenflag.png and then champion him instead of selling the cover, I can do that in the next two weeks without spending money -- even without hitting 1300 in a PvP (even with a 4* roster, I lack patience to do more than hit 1000 and then shield). When covers cost HP, it took way more than two weeks for a F2P player to save up for a 4* upgrade.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I current have 227 CP and my issue is I have 12 max cover 4* I cannot earn enough ISO to level so I am now hoarding CP. the one issue with the OP is leaving out is the way that I generated so many 4* covers and that is I championed over 30 3*. I have all but 3 3* championed and that was over 30 LT. With championing you also get CP. would it be nice to get more yes, I would be more than happy to get more CP. I think the 5 CP at 1150 in PVP is a good idea, and maybe a bump in placement rewards for 1 for top 50 in PVP. If I had to choose I would choose create more ISO in the game first then get out more CP. if you champion your 3* then you will get a on of 4*.
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    MaxxPowerz wrote:
    halirin wrote:
    I regularly hit 1000 with just three stars. That's without shielding. It is easier when I have two good synergistic 166+ as boosted, but it's not a requirement.

I'm finally getting to a point where a couple of my 4*s are viable, so that's pretty nice.

Certainly wouldn't turn down more easy cp, but I don't think the current flow is crazy.

With all due respect, I find this kind of hard to believe. You're doing this without shields? I've heard of people with 4* rosters that have to shield before they hit 1000. At what point does the difficulty begin to ramp up for you? At what point do the Jeanbusters start to rear their ugly heads?

For me to accomplish this I would probably have to sit out of PVP for a whole season and let the scaling resettle. It's not that I have a bunch of crazy over leveled characters that my roster can't handle, I just picked up my first 5* cover the other day. I've tried everything I can think of, but I still run into a lot of stiff competition at about the 600-700 level. At that point if I don't throw up a shield I'm most likely going to drop a couple hundred points in a few hours.

It's not hard to believe. There are a lot of people who can get to 1k without shielding, including myself and I have been before I had a single fully covered 4*. I enter a slice about one day left and climb to my sweet spot which is about 650. Back before I had viable 4* I would get hit, but I would just get the points right back. With 8 hours left (or 3 depending on what shield you want to finish with) I climb to 1k as fast I can. Then shield rest of the event. Been doing this forever. This strategy not ideal for going for 1.3k, but works well for 1k.

I don't have desire to play any more than I do and am content on 1k and playing PvE to progression. But I have had a reasonable amount of 4* covers come my way. I've been playing just over a year now. Like others have said, I wish there was more ISO flow.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    BigBZ32 wrote:
    MaxxPowerz wrote:
    halirin wrote:

It's not hard to believe. There are a lot of people who can get to 1k without shielding, including myself and I have been before I had a single fully covered 4*. I enter a slice about one day left and climb to my sweet spot which is about 650. Back before I had viable 4* I would get hit, but I would just get the points right back. With 8 hours left (or 3 depending on what shield you want to finish with) I climb to 1k as fast I can. Then shield rest of the event. Been doing this forever. This strategy not ideal for going for 1.3k, but works well for 1k.

I don't have desire to play any more than I do and am content on 1k and playing PvE to progression. But I have had a reasonable amount of 4* covers come my way. I've been playing just over a year now. Like others have said, I wish there was more ISO flow.
    difference being your viable 4*s.

But the facts are simply this: the game has long moved on from being a thing you could play while waiting for a movie to start or only when pooping and changed into something that requires a lot of time to be successful. Hell, even raising the level on the loaner means that burning through the seed teams takes just that much longer.

I don't find fault with anyone who grinds like crazy and earns an ****-ton of covers. But when there's such a difference between top tier 4's and literally every other toon (especially in PvP), it does make it extremely hard for the have-nots to compete. Bumping up the ISO would help, but really, as the meta has moved well past 3's, all rewards should really be increased - ISO, CP, covers. All of it.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Is there any kind of pattern to the "your alliance is supporting marvel puzzle quest" cp rewards? Always welcome, but I'm not sure why they happen.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Spiritclaw wrote:
    Is there any kind of pattern to the "your alliance is supporting marvel puzzle quest" cp rewards? Always welcome, but I'm not sure why they happen.
    When an Alliance member spends real money on the game, commandpoints.png are awarded to their entire Alliance depending on how much was spent.

19.99 = commandpoints.png
    49.99 = commandpoints.pngcommandpoints.pngcommandpoints.png
    99.99 = commandpoints.pngcommandpoints.pngcommandpoints.pngcommandpoints.pngcommandpoints.pngcommandpoints.pngcommandpoints.png