It takes WAY too long to earn CPs

Bossblack
Bossblack Posts: 80 Match Maker
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
A lot of hard work, a lot of time and grinding. I play both PVP and PVE and the rate of earning CPs is way too slow.
A 3 day PVP gets me 25~27 CPs and 3 or 4 or 7 days PVE gets me around 25~35 CPs depending on the PVE. It's nearly about 60 CPs for both events with all the hard work and ensure I stay on T10 for PVP and hit max progression for PVE. Without alliance buying that gives your free CP and rely on your champions leveling up to get CPs, we need a better/more ways to get more CPs quickly.

Also after finishing the last PVE and hit max progression of the PVE, I save 40 CPs just to pull two PX covers which I have already maxed did not add any pleasure to my frustration.

We need the DDQ daily 1 CP feature back, more CP rewards on the daily supplies (instead of 15 CPs every 30 days) and more CP rewards for anyone who can hit T100 for PVPs and PVEs.

Any other ideas where the CP rewards should be?

Edit: Why can't they put some CP rewards between 1K to 1300 on PVP? I would even settle with a cover or some ISO.

Comments

• TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    As Gandhi might have once said, join a buyers club.

Spoiler: it might have been some dude and not Gandhi.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    The change from legendary tokens to 25 CP actually increased how fast you can earn 4* covers.

Other than having more rewards for 7 day events (why do they give 25 but 3/4 day events also do?), the CP rate is fine as is.

The Iso rate on the other hand........
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wouldn't mind the current rate for CPs if they actually led to 5*s... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Bossblack
    The change from legendary tokens to 25 CP actually increased how fast you can earn 4* covers.

Other than having more rewards for 7 day events (why do they give 25 but 3/4 day events also do?), the CP rate is fine as is.

The Iso rate on the other hand........

The CP rate may be fine as it only if they lower the cost of the LT, say 20 for Latest and 15 for Classic.
  • Slarow
    Slarow Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Look at the numbers simply by hitting max progression in PVE and 1300 in PVP (forget any placement rewards). You get 5 classic tokens in weeks where PVE is 7 days (3pvpx25+1pvex25=100cp), and an extra 25 (for another token) when there are two pves in a week.

Throw in an additional 12-14 from the 7 days of pve nodes, and a few placement rewards (which you will hit a few at max prog and 1300), and you have 6-7 legendary classic pulls a week, basically one a day.

Is one classic legendary pull a day not enough?
  • Bossblack
    Slarow wrote:
    Look at the numbers simply by hitting max progression in PVE and 1300 in PVP (forget any placement rewards). You get 5 classic tokens in weeks where PVE is 7 days (3pvpx25+1pvex25=100cp), and an extra 25 (for another token) when there are two pves in a week.

Throw in an additional 12-14 from the 7 days of pve nodes, and a few placement rewards (which you will hit a few at max prog and 1300), and you have 6-7 legendary classic pulls a week, basically one a day.

This may be true for hardcore players with a very good roster that can hit all max progressions and 1.3K on PVPs. I am simply suggesting more CP rewards to help the general public on transitioning, although more CPs doesn't guarantee pulling the covers you need/want but it gives people more chance to pull covers. Yes if you can hit max and 1.3K you get a LT pull a day but how about those can only hit 1K? The stronger your roster the more CPs you get then the rich becomes richer and the poor becomes poorer?
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    The flow is fine... since I'm one of many that is ISO starved, I restrained myself to opening 1 per day since championing went live. As mentioned above the 2 most predominate issues i see are; 1) ISO shortage 2) 5* RNG but there are other threads for them.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    It's very likely that as the 5* meta gets more robust and less elite, they will make it easier. Right now the people trying to sit on the tops of the charts should be complaining about the RNG nature of the endgame, not the quantity of covers they pull.
  • Slarow
    Slarow Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Bossblack wrote:
    Slarow wrote:

This may be true for hardcore players with a very good roster that can hit all max progressions and 1.3K on PVPs. I am simply suggesting more CP rewards to help the general public on transitioning, although more CPs doesn't guarantee pulling the covers you need/want but it gives people more chance to pull covers. Yes if you can hit max and 1.3K you get a LT pull a day but how about those can only hit 1K? The stronger your roster the more CPs you get then the rich becomes richer and the poor becomes poorer?

A mediocre 3* team can hit max progression on PVE, it scales. It takes work, but it isn't impossible once you have some good 3*s. As far as PVP, if you can't hit 1300, then you are not advanced enough to be warranting getting a 4/5* token every single day as described above. You need to hit 1k for a while to build up your 4* roster, and save the cp you do get on PVE for direct cover purchases instead of random pulls until you get a team that you can hit 1300 with.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    As others correctly pointed out, the frustration experienced is a symptom not a cause.

The actual cause is the RnG and this idea that after all this hard work you still end up with nothing useful thus completely stifling progression is a killer.

If during all this hard work the ISO came in at 2x the rate then you can actually progress, despite the constant RnG ****.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Slarow wrote:
    Bossblack wrote:
    Slarow wrote:

A mediocre 3* team can hit max progression on PVE, it scales. It takes work, but it isn't impossible once you have some good 3*s. As far as PVP, if you can't hit 1300, then you are not advanced enough to be warranting getting a 4/5* token every single day as described above. You need to hit 1k for a while to build up your 4* roster, and save the cp you do get on PVE for direct cover purchases instead of random pulls until you get a team that you can hit 1300 with.

Lord.......
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Lord what? How is he wrong??

Not every player should be able to hit every single token or CP reward available, it takes time and effort to build up the roster to do this. If we're going to argue that side of things, we might as well just give everyone that downloads the game 13/13 covers of every character and be done with it.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I also wish there was one CP each DDQ.

But then, that would only be a slow trickle of what we actually need - a 4* daily in DDQ (and 5x the ISO rate we currently have to make that matter).
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been hoarding my CPs lately. My ISO shortage is so extreme that I'm tired of pulling covers for cover-maxed 4*s that I have no chance to champion before those covers expire.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Too bad they didn't make the few CP from the Deadpool Valentine's PvP a permanent thing.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bossblack wrote:
    A lot of hard work, a lot of time and grinding. I play both PVP and PVE and the rate of earning CPs is way too slow.
    A 3 day PVP gets me 25~27 CPs and 3 or 4 or 7 days PVE gets me around 25~35 CPs depending on the PVE. It's nearly about 60 CPs for both events with all the hard work and ensure I stay on T10 for PVP and hit max progression for PVE. Without alliance buying that gives your free CP and rely on your champions leveling up to get CPs, we need a better/more ways to get more CPs quickly.

Also after finishing the last PVE and hit max progression of the PVE, I save 40 CPs just to pull two PX covers which I have already maxed did not add any pleasure to my frustration.

We need the DDQ daily 1 CP feature back, more CP rewards on the daily supplies (instead of 15 CPs every 30 days) and more CP rewards for anyone who can hit T100 for PVPs and PVEs.

Any other ideas where the CP rewards should be?

there is no need to jack up the CP....

if you been here a year
    15 to 25 cp a month
    50 cp for the progression 3/4 day (so 100)
    25 CP for the progression for week (so 50)

right there is 150 min for non daily and 165 to 175 for daily. that is 7 to 8 4 stars per month What is more then enough

now if you dont play PVE well start.

remember if they give out too many 4 stars too fast that means they would have to start working on 5 stars and people will complain WE CANT GET 5 stars
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    Slarow wrote:
    Bossblack wrote:
    Slarow wrote:

You need to rethink your advice. If you can't get 1300, you're not advanced enough to warrant getting 4 star tokens? Do you recognize how unrealistic it is to get 1300 without 4 stars in the first place?

While spending 120 CP on one cover for jean or hulkbuster, seems like a practical way of breaking into the 4 star scene... Its not nearly as good as dropping the hundred bucks or so people used to be able to do so. And Its really not if you consider the opportunity cost of missing chances at Old Man logans w/ better odds now versus how shity they get over time.

5 stars is where the meta is shifting to anyway, and every introduction makes the odds of getting the best one worse. Theirs no better time looking into the future to be cracking LT's than right now.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Lord what? How is he wrong??

Not every player should be able to hit every single token or CP reward available, it takes time and effort to build up the roster to do this. If we're going to argue that side of things, we might as well just give everyone that downloads the game 13/13 covers of every character and be done with it.

It's not that I don't agree with your logic but you must look at the flip side of the coin as well: the rich get richer while the game gets harder for the poorer. We're creating a hierarchy where only the upper echelon of players get an opportunity to compete for the best rewards.

Contrary to popular belief, a maxed out 3* roster is not viable enough to hit the 1000 progression in PVP anymore. It's cute that veterans believe this, but the game has changed considerably since the last time they were in that position. I'm regularly hitting 4* teams at around 600-700 in pvp. I have all but abandoned PVP because I realize all I am doing is padding other players scores who will now make the game harder for me to advance as they grow their 4* rosters off the back of my 3* roster.

It's not as if I think they should make it easier for us to reach certain rewards progressions, but I do believe they should distribute them a little more evenly and skew those rewards down to us peasants. Maybe offer a few command points at a lower progression, so at least we have some stake in the 4* meta game.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    I regularly hit 1000 with just three stars. That's without shielding. It is easier when I have two good synergistic 166+ as boosted, but it's not a requirement.

I'm finally getting to a point where a couple of my 4*s are viable, so that's pretty nice.

Certainly wouldn't turn down more easy cp, but I don't think the current flow is crazy.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    halirin wrote:
    I regularly hit 1000 with just three stars. That's without shielding. It is easier when I have two good synergistic 166+ as boosted, but it's not a requirement.

I'm finally getting to a point where a couple of my 4*s are viable, so that's pretty nice.

Certainly wouldn't turn down more easy cp, but I don't think the current flow is crazy.

With all due respect, I find this kind of hard to believe. You're doing this without shields? I've heard of people with 4* rosters that have to shield before they hit 1000. At what point does the difficulty begin to ramp up for you? At what point do the Jeanbusters start to rear their ugly heads?

For me to accomplish this I would probably have to sit out of PVP for a whole season and let the scaling resettle. It's not that I have a bunch of crazy over leveled characters that my roster can't handle, I just picked up my first 5* cover the other day. I've tried everything I can think of, but I still run into a lot of stiff competition at about the 600-700 level. At that point if I don't throw up a shield I'm most likely going to drop a couple hundred points in a few hours.