Poll: How much do you spend?

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm just curious icon_e_biggrin.gif I love polls because then no one needs to discuss their own experience, you can just anonymously fill it out!! Be honest, and round to the nearest amount.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other.

The poll jumps from $100 to $2900 (game is almost 29 months old). No option for people like me somewhere in that range.

I'm at around 5-6 cents per game play hour, based on what Steam (sadly) tells me those numbers are.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    None of the above, day 558 and I've made 4 purchases
    $20
    $20
    $20
    $5 google sale

$65 total
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    None of the above, i reload my hero points when i get a google card from work, could be a month, could be 3
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    other for me too. day 456 and made 3 or 4 big purchases (can't remember) and a few smaller ones. that averages to about $25-$30/month. the jump from 100 total to 100/month is pretty unreasonable because most of the spenders will fall between those 2.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I added in a few more options, so now everyone has to vote again. Just round to the closest amount..
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Have to go with "other" on this one. Mine is about $200 - $300 a month, which the wife isn't too happy about. icon_e_wink.gif When she brings it up, I just point out that at least I'm not spending it on something worse. Then I mention a few things that are a LOT worse than spending money on a game. After that, I politely mention how much she spends clothes shopping with her mom. Then we both agree to cut back, but conveniently forget within a week or so and the cycle starts over as part of never ending loop. icon_lol.gif

JJ
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think $65 total, or possibly $45.

$20 2nd anniversary
    $5 Google sale for Logan's Loonies
    $20 Google sale for Lunar New Year

I think there was another $20 purchase after the anniversary, but not 100% sure.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    $40-$50, which is pretty reasonable for a full price game - which I never buy. But then, I've been playing this one for almost two years. I figure about $20 a year isn't bad.

Spent $20 originally to finish off Hulkbuster.
    Spent $20-30 last year on steam sale to finish off Jean.

Now I have a 4* competitive team. I might have spent more, but then they changed so you can't buy specific covers anymore, and I don't have time to hop properly forever....so there is no resource in the game I can buy for a reasonable price that I immediately need anymore. I'll never spend another dime.
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    Have to go with "other" on this one. Mine is about $200 - $300 a month, which the wife isn't too happy about. icon_e_wink.gif When she brings it up, I just point out that at least I'm not spending it on something worse. Then I mention a few things that are a LOT worse than spending money on a game. After that, I politely mention how much she spends clothes shopping with her mom. Then we both agree to cut back, but conveniently forget within a week or so and the cycle starts over as part of never ending loop. icon_lol.gif

JJ

I have to side with your wife on this.

At least the clothes are physical goods, that exist in the real world, and actually sort of count in that whole "bare necessities" argument of Food, Water, Shelter, Clothing kinda argument with respects to survival.

When you are done with this game, once and for all some day. You will not reflect on the money spent very fondly.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    I used to spend on Stark Salary once a month. Then I cut back to only either when I ran out of imcoin.png or there's a deal, I'll invest in it. Now with all my star.pngstar.pngstar.png covered & star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png more or less relies on commandpoints.png, apart from roster slots (for me), there's not much useage of spideycoin.png so now I spend even less. However I would still spend on the game once another deal comes around to show support.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    I'd personally like the whales to stop spending so much.

Cuz, until whales STOP "financing the game", why on earth would the developers EVER make the changes that NEED to be made? Heck, at this point, they could just STOP making any changes whatever, cuz they already know they have so many of y'all hook - lined - and sinkered.

:+(

It's like continuing to buy a spoiled brat tons of stuff, even though their behavior and grades in school are atrocious. Why would they turn things around, if they KNOW they'll still get whatever they want?

P.S.
    I've probably spent about $500.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    i spent about 50€ for roster slots.
    stopped buying hp after that whole 5* scaling mess
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    I'd personally like the whales to stop spending so much.

(...)

P.S.
    $500 on any online game probably makes you a whale. Not the biggest whale, to be sure, but a whale none the less.

I voted $50 but I think it may be less. I used to make the odd $2, $5 buy, then I made one $20 buy, then one more $5, then I closed my wallet after it became clear the game was going full steam ahead with nothing but 4* and now 5* releases. I did make an exception for that new year sale, the 2900 HP for $6 or whatever it was, but barring another deal of that nature, I'm done spending. This game just doesn't provide me any reason to justify spending any more money, because I get nothing useful for it now, especially when compared to Future Fight.
  • northnorth
    northnorth Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    $5 on the new years sale. On day 680
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I spent $5 when I first started for roster slots, and then another $20 when I started my 3* transition, but that was a year and a half ago and I haven't really had to spend anything else since.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    TLCstormz wrote:

You've spent $500 (!) on this game, and you've been a forum member for well over a year. How are you still the self-appointed "voice of the n00b?" I genuinely want to know.
  • Drift
    Drift Posts: 9
    >> have to side with your wife on this.

>>At least the clothes are physical goods...

I injured my foot last year and gave up my golf membership. Not cheap. Do I have anything to show for the lost funds? No, but it was fun and was well within my means. No regrets.

Same thing here. It's entertainment. If someone has more fun playing by dropping a couple bills every month, assuming they're debt free and living within their means, what's the issue? It's worth it _to them_ and significantly cheaper than many other hobbies.

Also I think an early $50 on roster slots makes this game immensely better.

Drift
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Three, maybe four Logan during sales.
  • Around $500 out of my entertainment budget over the course of 2+ years. (Though, to be fair, most of it after legendary tokens were released.)

Probably not going to spend any more any time soon. My last few forays haven't been worth it, and I'd like to have some traditional games I've foregone for this one.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    northnorth wrote:
    $5 on the new years sale. On day 680

Same in day 365. Thought it was $6.xx in my currency