Patch Notes - R95 (02/29/16)

Comments

• TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Tatercat wrote:
    TazFTW wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Sounds like the next update will be pushing daisies.

The pie maker is most deserving of 4/5* rarity.

And that character will be canceled out of the game after only two PVP seasons.

But it'll be two glorious seasons and then we'll get Ronan.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    DayvBang wrote:
    It was a bug. You could waste additional covers on maxed-out champions, dumping them into the void with no reward of any type.

Ah. I had thought there was a bunch of 5/5/5 mutants rolling around that needed to be stopped. : )
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    TazFTW wrote:
    Tatercat wrote:
    TazFTW wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Sounds like the next update will be pushing daisies.

The pie maker is most deserving of 4/5* rarity.

And that character will be canceled out of the game after only two PVP seasons.

But it'll be two glorious seasons and then we'll get Ronan.

Not before we get a self-absorbed Elfking.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    The hints are the best predictors at who is coming. Green Goblin was derived based on the hint.

As such, given that it is all about vibrations - unless Marky Mark is coming to MPQ - this appears to be Quake.
  • can we get a FFD for standard tokens please!!!!!?????
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why does everyone think this is Quake? With her inclusion in the TV series, has she suddenly become important in the comics in the past month? (I'm about a month behind.) If not, this character being her seems as likely as Shocker or any number of c-list characters. I'd almost expect that it was SPEEDBALL before I expected that it was her. I'm still guessing Black Bolt or Dazzler as more likely candidates. And that Sandman guess someone made above gave me pause as well, especially given that they've been rolling out Spider-Man characters.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    You think we got Scott Lang, Hulkbuster, and Vision because of how important they were in comics at the time?
  • mega ghost
    You think we got Scott Lang, Hulkbuster, and Vision because of how important they were in comics at the time?

Haha, not precisely, but Marvel tends to put their marketing weight behind the properties they care about. If they're in a movie and / or TV show and they're of note, Marvel at least tries to give them some comic success (see Peggy Carter.)

Ant-Man was released around the time of his movie, certainly, but he also was starring in a new comic series, had several comic series in the past, and was a founding member of the Avengers (albeit that was Hank Pym.)

The Hulkbuster suit was one of the main pieces of the second Avengers movie, but that's still Iron Man, one of Marvel's biggest properties, and also a founding member of the Avengers. Had the movies never come out and this game still existed, and it came time for a 4-star Iron Man character, his Hulkbuster suit would have been a shoe-in.

And The Vision, while also a big part of the second Avengers movie, is also a classic Marvel character, and was a member of the Avengers dating back to the 60's. He also has his own ongoing comic now, and has been prominent in the All-New Avengers.

In any case, these were all classics that carry a lot of weight, were key in the cinematic universe, and were getting all kinds of marketing pushes in the comics and elsewhere. Which is why Quake seemed like an odd guess to me outside of being one candidate that fits the clue. I had to look at her Wikipedia as I didn't even know who she was, and it appears she's limited to some 20-something issues of that Bendis series about S.H.I.E.L.D. agents and some cameos in the Avengers series that ended in 2013. Is her character on the TV show that beloved / important? Are they poising to bring her back into current comic storylines in a big way? All real questions.
  • mega ghost wrote:
    In any case, these were all classics that carry a lot of weight, were key in the cinematic universe, and were getting all kinds of marketing pushes in the comics and elsewhere. Which is why Quake seemed like an odd guess to me outside of being one candidate that fits the clue. I had to look at her Wikipedia as I didn't even know who she was, and it appears she's limited to some 20-something issues of that Bendis series about S.H.I.E.L.D. agents and some cameos in the Avengers series that ended in 2013. Is her character on the TV show that beloved / important? Are they poising to bring her back into current comic storylines in a big way? All real questions.
    Quake is the second most important character in the TV show, and is one of the leads of the SHIELD book that's been running for about a year.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    My lack of excitement should tell you who it's not...

Read this as " lack of Excrement "

I'm tired. and old.

When is this next update due in please people?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    mega ghost wrote:
    Why does everyone think this is Quake?

Because a good chunk of the "thought" in these threads is actually knowledge.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yoik wrote:
    When is this next update due in please people?
    It's usually about a week after the patch notes, and most frequently on Mondays, so I would guess February 29th. Purely a guess, though.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really want Black Bolt as a 5*, and I want him to pair well with Silver Surfer for cosmic shenanigans.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    I really want Black Bolt as a 5*, and I want him to pair well with Silver Surfer for cosmic shenanigans.

As cool as that would be, we've got characters with much higher demand to include first:

costumes.png
  • mega ghost
    Quake is the second most important character in the TV show, and is one of the leads of the SHIELD book that's been running for about a year.

I only got a couple of issues into that series, I didn't realize she was in it! Apparently Dominic Fortune even made a cameo in one of the final issues.
    Because a good chunk of the "thought" in these threads is actually knowledge.

Ah, that'll do it.

Ok, I'm convinced. Quake it is. I imagine her abilities could be fun. I see one big, board-shake move (possibly destroying team-up tiles like Classic Magneto, or maybe even at higher levels a color of choice), and something more targeted, destroying selected tiles and tiles around it (targeting countdowns, etc.) The third ability could be something espionage-related, possibly a passive like 2-star Black Widow's.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    You sure the vibrations don't refer to:

1781689-203516_195898_havok.jpg
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why aren't posts made by reds stickied anymore?
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    So a fast forward for opening packs but still need to add 1 iso at a time to level?
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    pheregas wrote:
    You sure the vibrations don't refer to:

1781689-203516_195898_havok.jpg
    I don't see what Havoc has to vibrations.
    AFAIR he channels cosmic energy through his body and fires it by plasma beams. There are no vibrations there, are they?
  • Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    As someone who has been wanting Alex Summers in the game sincever inception I have to say, "****? Those aren't vibrations!" Also, "Please don't toy with my emotions."

Cheers