5-Stars In Legendary Packs: Updating Thursday

2»

Comments

• I'm giving up on RNG and will be buying the rest of the OML covers I need with CP.
  • Thor82
    Thor82 Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Yessss. Finally, I can't wait.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    1:22 Eastern Time. Classic LTs have yet to be nerfed. Buy them now (if you need 'em) while you can!
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas wrote:
    1:22 Eastern Time. Classic LTs have yet to be nerfed. Buy them now (if you need 'em) while you can!

Classic isn't getting nerfed. They are staying the same. Latest is getting the nerf.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas wrote:

Classic isn't getting nerfed. They are staying the same. Latest is getting the nerf.

Odds are going down, right? Every 5* will now be at 2.5% instead of 3.33. Unless I've misinterpreted that.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was previously stated that he newest 3 5* will always be in latest, the rest in classics.

Right now we have

Latest: BSSM, Phoenix, OML
    Classic: Phoenix, OML, SS

Since OML is moving out of latest no probability change should happen to classic tokens now as no new character is added to classic packs. Specifically, the new packs will be

Latest: GG, BSSM, Phoenix
    Classic: Phoenix, OML, SS

The decreased probability shouldn't happen until the 7th 5* at which time I suspect a spending spree will happen as the first 4 will be forevermore harder to get.
  • ProfessorGumby
    ProfessorGumby Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    I get one Latest Legend token every five days from DDQ, and one every three weeks from PvP seasons. the expected return on those pulls is one 5* every six weeks or so. 1/3 of 5* pulls are OML, so that works out to a Logan cover every four months.

I think I'll survive.

^^ This ^^ ... and not just because he's my alliance commander...

Cheers!
    - PG
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    I think at this point D3 needs to do the following:

Convert all LTs to 25 CPs.
    Do away with all future LTs.

There is no simply no point in legendary tokens. In fact the whole concept of token has lost sense. CPs are the new method of obtaining 5*, so why complicate matters?

We also need some communication regarding what the 7th 5* will do with the odds. That is important as it can impact behavior.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    rkd80 wrote:

There is no simply no point in legendary tokens. In fact the whole concept of token has lost sense. CPs are the new method of obtaining 5*, so why complicate matters?

We also need some communication regarding what the 7th 5* will do with the odds. That is important as it can impact behavior.

The vast majority of rewards is cp. if everything becomes cp there won't be any legendary tokens awarded. The vast majority of your tokens will still come by way of cp.

Instead of everyone complaining about this they really should be thanking d3 for creating the classic legendary tokens. One it's cheaper which means more tokens and two by having classics set up you have a 3.33% chance of getting an oml. Whereas if they were just one token you would only have a 2% chance.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    rkd80 wrote:

The vast majority of rewards is cp. if everything becomes cp there won't be any legendary tokens awarded. The vast majority of your tokens will still come by way of cp.

Instead of everyone complaining about this they really should be thanking d3 for creating the classic legendary tokens. One it's cheaper which means more tokens and two by having classics set up you have a 3.33% chance of getting an oml. Whereas if they were just one token you would only have a 2% chance.

This is why people are concerned about the inevitable 7th 5* though. The chances to pull a cover for a specific 5* are really small as it is. If all older 5* are lumped together in the classic token without the odds of pulling a 5* from that increasing, it will become close to impossible to get any of them in working shape.
  • Helen keller
    Helen keller Posts: 62 Match Maker
    I get one Latest Legend token every five days from DDQ, and one every three weeks from PvP seasons. the expected return on those pulls is one 5* every six weeks or so. 1/3 of 5* pulls are OML, so that works out to a Logan cover every four months.

I think I'll survive.

.. I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not, your cool with waiting over four years to complete your OML...FOUR YEARS?! You may survive but I'm not sure the game will
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards

I think I'll survive.

.. I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or not, your cool with waiting over four years to complete your OML...FOUR YEARS?! You may survive but I'm not sure the game will

No, my point is that the vast majority of my legendary pulls are Classic Legend tokens bought with CP (Five this week alone!) so removing him from Latest Legends has virtually no effect on how many OML covers I get.
  • I'm perfectly happy with this. As a transitioner I want to be able to buy 20CP tokens to help my 4* numbers, but I like the odd chance of getting a new token which might snag me a new 5*. I've had 2 Spiderman tokens in the last month precisely because of this. I can see how this would get a bit harder if you have all the 4* tokens you need, but if you're just hitting for 5*s then use your CP on aiming for OML, and the new tokens for GG etc.

I really don't think there are that many LT prizes left in the game to win, so it really isn't that big an issue surely?