5-Stars In Legendary Packs: Updating Thursday

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi everyone,

A few players have asked, and we wanted to confirm that with the arrival of Green Goblin this Thursday (Feb. 25), the contents of the Latest Legends pack will be updated.

Starting Thursday afternoon, the Latest Legends Pack will consist of Green Goblin, Spider-Man (Back in Black) and Jean Grey (Phoenix). Wolverine (Old Man Logan), who is already part of the Classic Legends pack, will be removed from the Latest Legends pack.

Thanks!

*Note: You can check on drop rates and see which character is in which pack by tapping the Info "?" icon while in-game.

Comments

• CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    .....and a million souls cry out "Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!"
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor

I think it was more likely a four letter word! icon_mad.gif
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    snlf25 wrote:

Nyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeet!
  • RoryQ
    RoryQ Posts: 64 Match Maker
    OJSP wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:
    snlf25 wrote:

Nyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeet!
    Neeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiin! icon_e_smile.gif
    Knoooooooooooowww!
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    RoryQ wrote:
    OJSP wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:
    snlf25 wrote:

Nyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeet!
    Knoooooooooooowww!
    TINYKITTY!
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    RoryQ wrote:
    OJSP wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:

Nyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeet!
    Knoooooooooooowww!
    TINYKITTY!

tf288a5_khaaaaan.jpg
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Could you post the full stats for Green Goblin to give us a better idea of whether to use saved Legendary Tokens now or wait?
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Can you be a bit more clear please?

You should know that the only bit of information anybody cares about is

"Is Old Man Logan in any packs?"

if yes
    "What packs will contain Old Man Logan?"
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    mjh wrote:
    Can you be a bit more clear please?

You should know that the only bit of information anybody cares about is

"Is Old Man Logan in any packs?"

if yes
    "What packs will contain Old Man Logan?"

Seems pretty clear that he will be in "Classic" packs. Right now he's in both, and will be removed from "Latest" packs when the change is made.
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    really?

Can you please just admit the latest legends variation was a completely pointless and ill-conceived idea, and just scrap it? Not one player would judge if you actually just owned up to making a mistake, seriously...
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    20three wrote:
    really?

Can you please just admit the latest legends variation was a completely pointless and ill-conceived idea, and just scrap it? Not one player would judge if you actually just owned up to making a mistake, seriously...

I'm not sure I (and many others here) would agree with that.

Splitting the packs only benifits the players.

Are you at the end game trying to collect only the newest 5* as you Championed and Max leveled SS, OML, Pheonix, and BSS ages ago? Great news! You can focus your pulls on only the Latest Legendary packs for 25 CP.

Are you a budding player trying to make the 4* transition? Great! You can save some CP on the Classic Legendary packs for only 20 CP. Don't worry, you'll still earn the occasional Latest Legenday token through various sources (DDQ, Champion rewards, etc.), but as your primary goal is 4*, it doesn't matter one way or the other to you.

Why complain when people can either focus their efforts on particular 5*'s or get an extra pull for every 4 they spend CP on?
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    20three wrote:
    really?

I'm not sure I (and many others here) would agree with that.

Splitting the packs only benifits the players.

Are you at the end game trying to collect only the newest 5* as you Championed and Max leveled SS, OML, Pheonix, and BSS ages ago? Great news! You can focus your pulls on only the Latest Legendary packs for 25 CP.

Are you a budding player trying to make the 4* transition? Great! You can save some CP on the Classic Legendary packs for only 20 CP. Don't worry, you'll still earn the occasional Latest Legenday token through various sources (DDQ, Champion rewards, etc.), but as your primary goal is 4*, it doesn't matter one way or the other to you.

Why complain when people can either focus their efforts on particular 5*'s or get an extra pull for every 4 they spend CP on?
    Because, like you mentioned, the tokens you get from levelling up a champion, or from 4* DDQ, are by default Latest Legends. Which means now whenever i beat a 4* DDQ or champ a 3*, i can forget about drawing OML (and by extension, Surfer) to increase their viability. That already eradicates almost half of my avenues. Instead, if i draw Goblin, I'll have to make space for him (though some people might dump him) and let a one-cover Goblin rot in my roster, instead of having a multi-covered OML or Surfer

Wouldn't the better solution to your problem be to replace every legendary (instead of most of them) with 25cp so that you can always choose which one you want?
  • mikepro
    mikepro Posts: 95 Match Maker
    edited February 2016
    I personally could care less whether it's either 25 cp in rewards or tokens. If I want green goblin then I'll spend the 25 cp and try to pull him form the 25 cp pile. Or if I want to work on my bss or pheonix or my many under covered 4* I'll take a shot and still have a cp balance so that way I get 5 tries rather then 4 for ones I need or want.

Edit. Well as of 328am wenesday I spent 40 of my 59 cp and guess what I pulled. Yup my first OML cover from the 20 cp tokens plus a pheonix cover as well. So don't know if it was a mistake or not but I've got a pic of it.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    How much CP would you pay for a LT that had an increased odds of drawing a 5* OR how much would you pay for a LT that ONLY had 5*s to draw from (which will eventually come along when they have a lot more 5* characters and start introducing 6* characters?). What is a fair price in either one of those scenarios when we consider that a single 4* cover is 120 CP and a single 5* cover is 720 CP?
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    I miss the "dislike" button on the forums. Can we have that back?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    mikepro wrote:

Edit. Well as of 328am wenesday I spent 40 of my 59 cp and guess what I pulled. Yup my first OML cover from the 20 cp tokens plus a pheonix cover as well. So don't know if it was a mistake or not but I've got a pic of it.
    Not a mistake. OML and Phoenix are in both packs currently until Thursday, since they are both part of the oldest 3 released and newest 3 released. That's what everyone is getting scared about, is that OML will only be available in the 20CP pool after Thursday.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Wouldn't the better solution to your problem be to replace every legendary (instead of most of them) with 25cp so that you can always choose which one you want?
    I think a lot of players would love that

Count me in. Simplest solution and we've seen it in progression rewards. Simply replace the LT from championing and 4* DDQ and replace with 25 CP's. Done.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you! You have listened to the people for once! They had all been begging for a way to make OMLs even harder to obtain, and you came through!!!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    really glad they changed the progressions to 25cp before this hit. otherwise the system would just totally suck, instead of just suck just a little.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I get one Latest Legend token every five days from DDQ, and one every three weeks from PvP seasons. the expected return on those pulls is one 5* every six weeks or so. 1/3 of 5* pulls are OML, so that works out to a Logan cover every four months.

I think I'll survive.